Do you think that they could ever make another Harvest Moon

Questions and answers on how to play Harvest Moon 2. [ Game Guide ]
babykitten
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

...that could match this one?

I have been playing this game constantly these last few days. Even though I just bought a copy of it a few months ago, I feel so sentimental and nostalgic playing it. The characters and their sad back stories, the simple farming system, the festivals. For example, the scene of the fairies kissing the berries and Karen dancing after you save the vineyard is so beautiful. Is it just me or are the new Harvest Moon games seriously lazy when it comes to characterization and substance?

Are us classic Harvest Moon fans doomed or do you think it is possible they could make another mature and interesting game? Or if you disagree and you think some of the new games rank with this one, please tell me. Also, do you think a new remix of the game for the 3DS could be interesting? Kind of like what they did with Back to Nature and Friends of Mineral Town? Those are the 3 best and fulfilling games, at least in my eyes.
Magical Garden
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I don't know,it depends.
Marvelous made alot and I mean ALOT of HM games and well they are just running out of ideas and of course they like to think new,fresh ideas and coming up with ideas is well pretty hard.
So there might be a possible chance of having another HM game that is somewhat like the old ones,you never know,so just keep waiting :D
Kemine
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

While I do think that a lot of the newer games are lacking in character development and other substance, they already are a lot like many of the older games. The old games started as originally just a farming simulator and while characters may have been more in depth then, the newer games are, in my opinion, better with the farming. I haven't played A New Beginning yet (nor have I played HM2 but I have played GBC3) but each installment does pretty well with the farming and improving it. I loved the trenches in ToTT for instance, and the sun and water point system in IoH, while flawed, tried to introduce some difficulty (if only it didn't need to rely on forcing the gamer to use pen and paper outside the game in order to document what was happening).

Personally I'd just like to see more character development in new games. The older games were pretty good about their character substance, but unfortunately some of them (I say this with GBC3 in mind) just stopped having things to do after even just a year or so. The festivals in previous games though were a lot more sweeter though as well.

Psst, you may also get more responses in All Other Harvest Moon as that's usually checked more often.
blaze_fire12
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I don't think the new games are lazy, but I don't really think they could make a mature game.

Harvest Moon has become invaded with younger children and a more mature game would not do too well. I'd love it though.