Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

   * Search  * Register
It is currently Jul 14, 2020 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Oct 27, 2019 9:00 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

User avatar
Posts: 229

Offline
Does anyone know who composed the music for Harvest Moon GBC 2? I'm working on an arrangement of a song from this game and I want to properly credit it, but the final credits in the game don't even list anything related to sound and I haven't found any information anywhere else either. :(


Last edited by Code_Name_Geek on Oct 28, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
Reply with quote  
Sir Stardust
Post Posted: Oct 28, 2019 7:46 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

User avatar
Posts: 838

Offline
I thiiiiink that would be Tsuyoshi Tanaka, though I’m not 100% sure.
 
Reply with quote  
Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Oct 28, 2019 7:03 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

User avatar
Posts: 229

Offline
Sir Stardust wrote:
I thiiiiink that would be Tsuyoshi Tanaka, though I’m not 100% sure.
Thanks for the response! I was wondering this as well considering that he did the soundtracks for HM64 and SNES, the latter of which was also reused for GB1. Though I do find it weird that he was credited for those games and not this one (it doesn't show up on this credit page for example).



I have another question that's come up regarding this soundtrack: I think the Winter and Spring themes may be mislabelled on the OST I'm referencing. I looked up a let's play which seemed to confirm my suspicions, but I'm hoping for a confirmation from someone who's actually played this game (unlike me!).

Here are the two tracks:
Track A, labelled as Spring but I believe it to be Winter.
Track B, labelled as Winter but I think it's actually Spring.

Thanks for reading, any help is much appreciated! :)
 
Reply with quote  
Sir Stardust
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2019 12:19 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

User avatar
Posts: 838

Offline
Can’t remember the winter theme so I can’t say for sure about that one, but the second one is definitely the spring theme. If other songs seem in place, those two did probably get swapped.
 
Reply with quote  
Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Oct 29, 2019 2:31 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

User avatar
Posts: 229

Offline
Thanks again!! The others seem to be in place and I’ve since found one soundtrack with identical titles except those two, which are swapped to be right. Still no luck on conclusive proof for the composer but at least I’ve spent a good deal of effort searching for it so I feel like I’ve done what I can.

I knew that Track B sounded far too happy to be a Winter theme! :lol:
 
Reply with quote  
Samansu
Post Posted: Nov 04, 2019 8:55 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

User avatar
Posts: 171

Offline
Code_Name_Geek wrote:
Thanks again!! The others seem to be in place and I’ve since found one soundtrack with identical titles except those two, which are swapped to be right. Still no luck on conclusive proof for the composer but at least I’ve spent a good deal of effort searching for it so I feel like I’ve done what I can.

I knew that Track B sounded far too happy to be a Winter theme! :lol:


Sounds like you got it figured out, but I'm playing right now so I can confirm the 'Winter' theme once I get there if you want. :)
 
Reply with quote  
Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Nov 04, 2019 3:07 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

User avatar
Posts: 229

Offline
Samansu wrote:
Code_Name_Geek wrote:
Thanks again!! The others seem to be in place and I’ve since found one soundtrack with identical titles except those two, which are swapped to be right. Still no luck on conclusive proof for the composer but at least I’ve spent a good deal of effort searching for it so I feel like I’ve done what I can.

I knew that Track B sounded far too happy to be a Winter theme! :lol:


Sounds like you got it figured out, but I'm playing right now so I can confirm the 'Winter' theme once I get there if you want. :)
That would actually be awesome, I couldn’t find a video of winter gameplay anywhere so it would be nice to have proof that my hypothesis is correct. Thanks for offering!
 
Reply with quote  
Samansu
Post Posted: Nov 04, 2019 5:23 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

User avatar
Posts: 171

Offline
Code_Name_Geek wrote:

That would actually be awesome, I couldn’t find a video of winter gameplay anywhere so it would be nice to have proof that my hypothesis is correct. Thanks for offering!

Aye aye captain! Can do!

I am at the beginning of Summer now so it will be a bit, but I will let you know as soon as I get to Winter! :)
 
Reply with quote  
Samansu
Post Posted: Nov 15, 2019 1:24 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

User avatar
Posts: 171

Offline
Howdy howdy! I finally reached Winter! Track A is indeed the Winter music! \o.o/ :lala:
 
Reply with quote  
Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Nov 15, 2019 10:53 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

User avatar
Posts: 229

Offline
Samansu wrote:
Howdy howdy! I finally reached Winter! Track A is indeed the Winter music! \o.o/ :lala:
Thanks so much, it’s great to get confirmation of this! One more thing… if you happen to see the credits and they list a composer/sound designer could you let me know? I’m having trouble finding the video I thought I had seen of them and now I’m wondering if I mixed it up with another game :neutral:

Anyways I hope you’re enjoying the game, I really appreciate all the help! :)
 
Reply with quote  
Samansu
Post Posted: Nov 16, 2019 10:14 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

User avatar
Posts: 171

Offline
Code_Name_Geek wrote:
Thanks so much, it’s great to get confirmation of this! One more thing… if you happen to see the credits and they list a composer/sound designer could you let me know? I’m having trouble finding the video I thought I had seen of them and now I’m wondering if I mixed it up with another game :neutral:

Anyways I hope you’re enjoying the game, I really appreciate all the help! :)

No problem! I will record the credits on my phone when I finish. Can't give an exact time I will be done with the game, but since you have to finish 3 years it will prob be another 2 or 3 weeks. I'll keep you posted!

Game is alright. Not the best, but way better than 1 lol :lol: This one at least has some extras to collect and stuff. :)
 
Reply with quote  
Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Nov 16, 2019 12:17 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

User avatar
Posts: 229

Offline
Samansu wrote:
Code_Name_Geek wrote:
Thanks so much, it’s great to get confirmation of this! One more thing… if you happen to see the credits and they list a composer/sound designer could you let me know? I’m having trouble finding the video I thought I had seen of them and now I’m wondering if I mixed it up with another game :neutral:

Anyways I hope you’re enjoying the game, I really appreciate all the help! :)

No problem! I will record the credits on my phone when I finish. Can't give an exact time I will be done with the game, but since you have to finish 3 years it will prob be another 2 or 3 weeks. I'll keep you posted!

Game is alright. Not the best, but way better than 1 lol :lol: This one at least has some extras to collect and stuff. :)
Thanks!! No rush, just if you happen to finish the game. :)

I've played a little bit of GB1 and I see what you mean, I'm glad there's more to do in this one! I've always heard more about GB1 and GBC3 than this one, it seems to have been glossed over in history for some reason.
 
Reply with quote  
Samansu
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2019 8:02 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

User avatar
Posts: 171

Offline
Slow going, but I'm on Spring of year 2. Gonna keep chugging along lol :lol:
 
Reply with quote  
Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Nov 27, 2019 8:47 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

User avatar
Posts: 229

Offline
Samansu wrote:
Slow going, but I'm on Spring of year 2. Gonna keep chugging along lol :lol:
No worries, thanks for the update!
 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 


All times are UTC - 8 hours


 

Search this topic:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group