Does fishing use stamina or make you sick?

Questions and answers on how to play Harvest Moon 2. [ Game Guide ]
GavinsMustache
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Does fishing contribute to illness on rainy days, or am I free to fish up as much as I want? I noticed I never get the stamina-down animations while fishing, so IDK if it's even using up stamina.
FarmingForDaysMan
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Yes, I’m pretty sure fishing uses up stamina since you’re using your fishing rod like a tool. But I don’t know if it would make you sick.
GavinsMustache
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I decided to test it and after 250 swings with the fishing rod in my house, I did not seem to deplete any stamina. However, it might be because I was not using it in the water...? Similarly, brushing my table didn't seem to use stamina either. But again that could be because I was not brushing a cow. But using other tools as a failed action still seems to consume stamina (shaking the watering can at the table with an empty watering can still uses the same amount of stamina as watering properly on the field).

ETA: But trying to use fishing rod after depleting my stamina with another tool makes it so I can't use it. So you do at least need to have some stamina to use the fishing rod.

Other findings, using Super tools only uses SLIGHTLY more stamina than a regular tool. If we assume 100 max stamina at the beginning of the game, it seems like it uses 2 stamina to use a regular tool and 3 stamina to use a super tool, or something around there. It seems to be not exact/round numbers that add up to 100 though for things... for example dipping in the hot springs once lets you use a tool 9 more times while dipping twice lets you use it 19 times. Maybe it's restoring an odd amount of stamina though so you get an additional use every two times?? IDK, I'm not actually smart about this stuff I'm just trying to figure it out by hitting buttons and guessing :shock: :shock: :lol:
GavinsMustache
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I did some more testing... apparently using the fishing pole in the rain WILL make you sick. I used the fishing pole all day in the rain and got sick the next day.