The Unofficial E3 Story of Seasons Thread

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
Dravalon Code
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

But seriously, it would be an excellent idea if all willing Ushians pitched in to create an ideal "Bokumono" game (although it would be, as Uriah cleverly named, more of an "Ushi no Tane" game). I don't want to stray too off the intended topic of this thread, but perhaps I could start a thread just to gauge the interest of Ushians?

If Bokumono games were just a little more daring in terms of character traits/background, it would be even more of an engaging franchise than it already is.

And the answer is yes Mari. Yes.
Ureiah
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Marinnetta wrote:
Ureiah wrote:
Dravalon Code wrote:
Marinnetta wrote:after this discussion i'm starting to feel that if foguers teamed up for making a game with romance options and here we just missed the rpgmaker sale, damn it would have probably some of the most diverse options ever in a lil game. :')

WHY DON'T WE?! It's as simple as that! :lol:
o_o what hath science wrought?!
Spoiler:
The title would be "Ushi no Tane" xD
Spoiler:
doesn't ushi no tane translate to cow seed

are u sayin we should name this romance game COW SEED ureiah
Yes. Yes, i am.
Marinnetta
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Dravalon Code wrote:But seriously, it would be an excellent idea if all willing Ushians pitched in to create an ideal "Bokumono" game (although it would be, as Uriah cleverly named, more of an "Ushi no Tane" game). I don't want to stray too off the intended topic of this thread, but perhaps I could start a thread just to gauge the interest of Ushians?

If Bokumono games were just a little more daring in terms of character traits/background, it would be even more of an engaging franchise than it already is.

i would be so interested in a thread for that you don't even know i would like to call designing a chubby character if this takes off chubby characters are very important to me

we shouldn't stray off the topic anymore, yeah, so a thread would be good. SO WOULD NAMING A ROMANCE GAME COW SEED, APPARENTLY
Ureiah
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Marinnetta wrote:
Dravalon Code wrote:But seriously, it would be an excellent idea if all willing Ushians pitched in to create an ideal "Bokumono" game (although it would be, as Uriah cleverly named, more of an "Ushi no Tane" game). I don't want to stray too off the intended topic of this thread, but perhaps I could start a thread just to gauge the interest of Ushians?

i would be so interested in a thread for that you don't even know i would like to call designing a chubby character if this takes off chubby characters are very important to me

we shouldn't stray off the topic anymore, yeah, so a thread would be good. SO WOULD NAMING A ROMANCE GAME COW SEED, APPARENTLY
I'm sleep deprived. :lala: In any case, a new thread would be good.
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That would be an interesting concept.
Just remember that fan games often don't live up to the hype that brought them about.
And most fall apart shortly after they begin.
Not saying that should dissuade you from doing it. Just trying to point out some hurdles.

But getting back on topic, I wonder just how much will we be able to affect the landscape in TLV.
I wonder if we will be able to make underground farms.
That would be a great idea for setting up a mushroom farm.
And possibly being able to make shallow pools for rice paddies.
Last edited by Osuchin on Jun 13, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juri-puff
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Osuchin wrote: But getting back on topic, I wonder just how much will we be able to affect the landscape in TLV.
Don't mean to be a debbie downer but I feel like we won't be able to make a farm under ground... I feel like it will just be a landscape. But if they went as far as to make that an available option that would be pretty darn awesome. I honestly just don't see it happening, I see it just as an above level kind of change the shape kind of thing.
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

juri-puff wrote:
Osuchin wrote: But getting back on topic, I wonder just how much will we be able to affect the landscape in TLV.
Don't mean to be a debbie downer but I feel like we won't be able to make a farm under ground... I feel like it will just be a landscape. But if they went as far as to make that an available option that would be pretty darn awesome. I honestly just don't see it happening, I see it just as an above level kind of change the shape kind of thing.
Hence why I was wondering it. It's more a theory of possibility, than an assertion.
There was mentions of crops being affected by planting them on ground level.
Which means there is a below ground level.
That doesn't necessarily mean an enclosed underground, but it is a theory.
For all we know "ground level" may just be a set point in height.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really hate to be "that one" but is there any news going on for either game? Had a rough evening, so I don't feel like traversing all the pages I missed.

Thanks in advance! :D
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The screens and impressions we have seen so far seem to indicate that we can only dig down and pile up.

No minecraft-like caves or putting floating roofs.
Marinnetta
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:I really hate to be "that one" but is there any news going on for either game? Had a rough evening, so I don't feel like traversing all the pages I missed.

the only thing i can think of is that the crop growth in TLV is affected by the altitude you grow it at! where pumpkins when grown on higher ground can sprout as jack-o-lanterns, although i'm not sure if you were here for that?

i hope your evening gets better though, rope!
Night Owl
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:I really hate to be "that one" but is there any news going on for either game? Had a rough evening, so I don't feel like traversing all the pages I missed.

Not much. But there is some news on Hatsuu's Tumblr and such. Like barn dirt being translated to manure now, and that besides Mistel/Michael and Lillie/Lyla all the names are pretty much set in stone. And I believe CeeCee said she'd get back to answering questions on Monday.

I hope things get better for you tonight.
Ureiah
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Sorry you had a rough evening. :(

Recap: All names are set in stone, except for Mistel/Micheal and Lillie/Lyla.; Barn dirt is now call manure.; Hatsuu was dubbed Queen.

Ninja'd by Night Owl. x3
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I am so happy that the other names are set in stone! I am excited over Licorice and Kamil!!

To comment on pages I missed:
Backtracking, but aside from HG and WP in HM DS, I LOVE how dofficult it is to woo the magicals. It's too damn easy in most games/for the regular candidates, imho. Give us who want a challenge a challenge! Some of us like taking 3+ years to woo someone. But I also love HoLV and how hard it is; it is probably my favorite HM or one of them.

I want more magical ones, but actually magical. We've gotten a lot of "special" candidates that weren't magical (Amir, ToTT violin guy, all the other returning "hidden heart characters"). I would love another mermaid or merman.

Really, I just want more diversity in general, such as racial, disability/ability (as long as done respectfully), weight (maybe a heavy character who wants to stay heavy, unlike Eunice debating over it?), magical/"not human" ones, etc. We get the same types of "specials" over and over. And while WP is my baby, I wouldn't mind variety for the specials.

As for the ideal Bokumono, it MIGHT work, but the words of the pokemon creator echo in my head, where he said something like "If I put what all the fans wanted in the games, everyone would hate them".
Dravalon Code
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Hey, Rope, feel better! Sorry about you having a turbulent night. :(

I've only briefly dabbled in Minecraft, and I was meh on the whole thing, so I'll just have to wait and see what kind of control we have over crafting our farming world. And I didn't catch that plant growth is determined by altitude! That's actually pretty cool.

@Mari + Uriah
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, the funny truth is that fans rarely know what they want.

Listening too much to them would most likely kill the thing they're fans of.