Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

   * Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 20, 2020 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next
Author Message
Blue Leafeon
  Post subject: The minor annoyances thread
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 4:04 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

User avatar
Posts: 797

Offline
Okay, surely I'm not the only one who could rant a little about a few aspects of the game. It's been a great game so far, but like every harvest moon, there's always onnnnnnnnnne little thing we as players would definitely love to change.

My thing is that they force a cow on you and then don't give you the pitchfork you need to take proper care of it. Supposedly you can get it from Silk Country but I haven't seen any signs of it yet. <<
 
Reply with quote  
cinnamon_yuki
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 4:12 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1530

Offline
Blue Leafeon wrote:
Okay, surely I'm not the only one who could rant a little about a few aspects of the game. It's been a great game so far, but like every harvest moon, there's always onnnnnnnnnne little thing we as players would definitely love to change.

My thing is that they force a cow on you and then don't give you the pitchfork you need to take proper care of it. Supposedly you can get it from Silk Country but I haven't seen any signs of it yet. <<


Have you check the blueprint section? I bought a blueprint to make one.

As for the minor annoyance, I just wished there was a rotate button so that I could see where those lumbers jumping off to when there's another obscuring your view.
 
Reply with quote  
Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 4:13 am 
Anonymous Fish

Blue Leafeon wrote:
My thing is that they force a cow on you and then don't give you the pitchfork you need to take proper care of it. Supposedly you can get it from Silk Country but I haven't seen any signs of it yet. <<


It is a blueprint you have to buy. They don't sell the tool itself. You'll need to collect materials and 'build' one.

There are 2 things that that bother me about this game (I've played the Japanese version already so I know what to expect):
1. They took out the outdoor bell to graze all your animals at once. Now you have to depend on pets instead & I don't normally care for pets.
2. They took out the fish-raising buildings & I don't like the fish-net method they replaced it with. >.<
 
Reply with quote  
Musashi
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 4:15 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Posts: 343

Offline
Blue Leafeon wrote:
My thing is that they force a cow on you and then don't give you the pitchfork you need to take proper care of it. Supposedly you can get it from Silk Country but I haven't seen any signs of it yet. <<


You can buy the blueprint from the Silk country vendor. You have to craft it yourself. It requires 5 iron.

For the post not to be offtopic, in my case, I would like to be able to buy dogs to herd my animals earlier. I think I will just get one chicken, one rabbit and one sheep to be able to take part on the corresponding festivals and focus on crops until I can get dogs, and I will start focusing more on animals then.
 
Reply with quote  
Kutsai Chan
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 4:18 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

User avatar
Posts: 52

Offline
I love Harvest Moon and I do sometimes have a complaint or two, but it doesn't affect my experience. This one though I can say the military time bugs me, and the six letter naming restrictions :c
 
Reply with quote  
Yamichan16
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 4:29 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

User avatar
Posts: 248

Offline
The fact that time doesn't stop indoors. That's been missing in recent games. I don't get why they took it out.

The week long tutorial. That was unnecessary. A day or two would have been fine.

Shipping. Okay I get the whole trade thing, but it would be nice if you can ship stuff locally. I had three days of rain and the vendor didnt show up.
 
Reply with quote  
Blue Leafeon
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 4:55 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

User avatar
Posts: 797

Offline
cinnamon_yuki wrote:

Have you check the blueprint section? I bought a blueprint to make one.

Didn't realize there was a blueprint section.

Which brings me to another minor annoyance. Why does so many people think that putting white text on a light colored background is okay? :roll: It might be okay when the text is HUGE and you can tell the shapes apart, but I keep having to grab my x30 magnifying lens to look at the prices of things because I honestly can't see a THING about those white numbers on those light backgrounds. x_x
 
Reply with quote  
Ratiasu_0380
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 5:00 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1089

Offline
If I could complain about something, it's that villagers keep moving around when you're talking to someone, even though time is stopped. If there's a group of people in one area and I want to talk to them all, I have to rush to finish talking with one person in order to catch the next person before they leave the map.
 
Reply with quote  
Elle
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 5:07 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

User avatar
Posts: 21

Offline
Only played the first couple of training days.

24 HOUR TIME FORMAT .... nu. ;-;
 
Reply with quote  
Katherine1973
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 5:15 am 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

User avatar
Posts: 582

Offline
Yamichan16 wrote:

Shipping. Okay I get the whole trade thing, but it would be nice if you can ship stuff locally. I had three days of rain and the vendor didnt show up.

The vendors will show up in the rain, but the schedule for the silk country is here 2 days-skip 3 days-here 2 days etc.. So you may have just had the 3 days of rain correspond to the 3 days off.
 
Reply with quote  
LeBurns
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 5:19 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1169

Offline
Yeah the pitchfork thing is really bothering me. I would have thought on animal training day I would have been shown how to clean up after animals and be given a pitchfork. Really odd I have to make my own. I keep missing the vendor though. By the time I get the thing made my cow will be walking all over filth.

Still working on getting my routine in place. I'm still forgetting to do things.

I still don't have any time for socializing and I haven't really even started my farm yet. This is going to be really slow going.

My biggest problem now is that when I'm buying materials I am given no indication how many I already have. I also can't check my blueprints to see what I need. My last day I had to run back to the house twice, once to see how much iron I needed for the Kitchen, then again to see how much I already had in storage. Why the heck is there no indicator of how much of an item you already have when purchasing stuff. I like to keep a nice stock of stuff but keeping things evenly stocked in this game is going to be a nightmare when I have a lot more items to keep track of.
 
Reply with quote  
cinnamon_yuki
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 5:44 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1530

Offline
You can check on the calendar when the vendors will be there. If there is a festival or a birthday, press the Y button to see if there is a next page or just look at the upper screen, lower right area if there Is green circle with a Y on it. That indicates there are more info to look at.
 
Reply with quote  
Beedlebud
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 5:49 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

User avatar
Posts: 762

Offline
The pitchfork thing. I know about the blueprint, but it takes you far too long to get the materials for it since you have to either a) dive for it and hope you get lucky or b) buy it, which is dependent on when the trader comes in. The dirt piles up far too fast in relation to it. It's a pretty important item for them to just make it so cumbersome to get.

Shipping (though I don't think this a minor complaint)- not a fan of how you are dependent on traders to get your money, I prefer the shipping bin. It seems like they set it up so that more traders will comes in on different days for you to sell to on different days, but right now it's really annoying getting close to running out of money but still having to keep all your crops because the trader isn't there today.
 
Reply with quote  
EnvyDreamer
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 6:13 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

User avatar
Posts: 32

Offline
LeBurns wrote:
My biggest problem now is that when I'm buying materials I am given no indication how many I already have. I also can't check my blueprints to see what I need. My last day I had to run back to the house twice, once to see how much iron I needed for the Kitchen, then again to see how much I already had in storage. Why the heck is there no indicator of how much of an item you already have when purchasing stuff. I like to keep a nice stock of stuff but keeping things evenly stocked in this game is going to be a nightmare when I have a lot more items to keep track of


I'm pretty sure you can see the amount you own when purchasing that specific item! When the little window pops up for you to choose how many to purchase, the top right of it has a little tab that says "Owned" and then there should be the number you currently have of that item at home!
 
Reply with quote  
Blue Leafeon
Post Posted: Apr 01, 2015 6:27 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

User avatar
Posts: 797

Offline
Raeger. I'm not in your kitchen. And neither are you. Stop acting like you are and telling me to get out. </3

Quote:
Shipping (though I don't think this a minor complaint)- not a fan of how you are dependent on traders to get your money, I prefer the shipping bin. It seems like they set it up so that more traders will comes in on different days for you to sell to on different days, but right now it's really annoying getting close to running out of money but still having to keep all your crops because the trader isn't there today.

Indeed. Especially when you are trying to get a certain item from their shop. Day 1: They're there but I don't have enough money. Day 2: I finally get enough stuff to sell so that I WOULD have enough money, but they're not there. Day 3: Still not there. It just goes on and on.


Last edited by Blue Leafeon on Apr 01, 2015 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next


All times are UTC - 8 hours


 

Search this topic:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group