Fish Hatchery Help

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
EnvyDreamer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I can't seem to figure out how to use the fish hatcheries! I'd be grateful for any help!
hikaricities
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Not much of an in depth answer but I do know the fish hatchery is mostly for breeding fish. I know some people have been breeding octopi and squid since they sell for a good amount of money.
zebra
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

They're not like the fish traps from the previous games, they're more like the fish sheds. That took me a while to figure out.

Once you set up the fish hatchery, have a fish you'd like to 'breed' in your inventory. (You only need one.)
Press a next to the hatchery, select the fish, and then leave it for a day or two.

It'll tell you how many fish are in the hatchery if you press a next to it after you put in a fish. You can take em' out whenever, just watch out if you take out any fish because the hatchery might break after the first use.
PedroTheChicken
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

You set up the fish hatchery, put a fish in it, and feed it everyday. The fish will multiply and you'll get more of that same fish you put in. I put in the fish that sell for a lot like the Octopus. Be careful though because they do break after a while so make sure you check them every day and take out the fish.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Wait, you can feed them? Mine were multiplying fine without food...does it help to feed them?
Angelfire900
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

irulethegalaxy wrote:Wait, you can feed them? Mine were multiplying fine without food...does it help to feed them?
Feeding them with Fish Food increases the Star Rank.
EnvyDreamer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Okay I got it all figured out thanks guys!

On a side note does anyone know if squid and octopus are available to catch year round?
HummingGillz
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

EnvyDreamer wrote:Okay I got it all figured out thanks guys!

On a side note does anyone know if squid and octopus are available to catch year round?
The in-game description says that squid is available spring through autumn, while octopus is available spring and summer.

Is there a maximum to the number of "fishes" we can grow in the hatchery before it breaks? Sorry to hijack, just don't want to make a new thread haha.
Rina
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

"a cordoned-off area that lets you cultivate fish and PEARLS in the river"

How do you cultivate pearls???? :?: :shock:
NoraRabbit
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Rina wrote:"a cordoned-off area that lets you cultivate fish and PEARLS in the river"

How do you cultivate pearls???? :?: :shock:
it is said when u cultivate clams or something that they sometimes gives you pearl i don't know probably more than 2 star clam fish (probably)
all i need to use the hatchery fish is for breeding and increase star rank fish for trade request in trade depot