Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Sep 17, 2019 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Firehawke
  Post subject: Re: Looking for images
Post Posted: Apr 05, 2016 10:24 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Thanks, Arcy!

Not sure when the next update will be. Just started another annual charity craft that I do...and got the reading lists for the state award committees I'm on. Still trying to figure out when I'm going to fit everything in...including playing some more SoS. I'm SO close to being done with Fall, Year 1 (slow progress for me on this one!)

Firehawke
Post Posted: May 04, 2016 10:13 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Update time! To be honest, I was hoping to finish the first page already, but I'm SUPER close!

Spoiler:

Arcy
Post Posted: May 04, 2016 3:44 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Wow, that's really coming together! Your stitches are very dainty and consistent!

Firehawke
Post Posted: May 09, 2016 10:30 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Thanks Arcy!!! :)

I finished page 1 and moved on to page 3...it's coming along, even though a color got switched (one shade of brown off :P )

Spoiler:

StrawberryAlpaca
Post Posted: May 09, 2016 11:07 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Wow, this is so cool!

I've always wondered, is cross stitching difficult to get into? I love to knit so I think doing something like that would be fun, but I'd be so concerned with getting my thread all tangled up.

Sorry if that's a bad question, I know I like when people ask about things I like so I thought you might feel the same.

Firehawke
Post Posted: May 10, 2016 10:30 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Thanks! :)

Ask away...I love getting questions! :)

Cross stitching takes a bit of getting used to, but since you are a knitter, I think you have a bit of an advantage! My mom tried to teach me to cross stitch when I was younger, but I just couldn't get the hang of it. But, once I started knitting, it was easier for me to pick up cross stitching many years after that failed attempt.

Thread getting tangled up is something that you will run into, but like with yarn, you figure out ways to prevent the tangles and how to take care of those knots.

On an interesting note, someone posted on SpriteStitch the other day that they have taken a cross stitch pattern and are knitting it!
http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/viewt ... 151#p97126

Happy crafting!

StrawberryAlpaca
Post Posted: May 10, 2016 11:43 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Woah, that knit work you sent is really cool! :o

I still haven't been able to wrap my mind around working with multiple colors in my knitting (unless it's double knitting or I'm adding some stripes), so I feel like I wouldn't be able to do the same thing. I usually stick with simple knit/purl patterns anyways as it's most relaxing for me to just kick back and spend some time mindlessly doing something. I should maybe focus on it more but just using my hands feels nice.

This was my last project, but I ended up getting really frustrated and frogging the entire thing because undoing my work just felt so good in that moment. Haven't been able to start again though, something about losing all that progress is pretty disheartening.

Anyways! Thank you for answering my questions. I actually remembered that I've done some cross stitching as a kid on those big plastic ones, and I remember it being pretty pleasing. I thought it would be easiest to decide if it's something I could do by trying it out, so I'm actually on the way to the craft store to pick up a kit to play with. It's a Hobby Lobby, they seemed to have a wide selection online.

Thought starting out with something guided would be good.

Hope your projects are going well! By the way, I sent my boyfriend a picture of your SoS project and saw your knitting projects. They look really good!

Firehawke
Post Posted: May 11, 2016 10:24 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

I get a bit intimidated with colorwork in knitting! (oddly, not so much in crocheting :P). I've recently gotten back into double knitting! Have you checked out the projects on Lattes and Llamas? http://lattesandllamas.com/

That is an impressive looking blanket! You are braver than I am to give it a try! Too bad about the frogging...I totally know how that goes! Usually when I do that, the yarn ends up going to another project :P

I LOVE Hobby Lobby! It's a really good thing that my local HL is about 1.5 miles away and uphill (I walk everywhere)! What did you end up getting? Hope it goes well!

That is SO sweet of you! Thanks!

My projects are going well...finally back to some knitting (my Special Olympics scarves on my size 50 needles). Still have to wear my brace with my craft gloves, but that's okay. And I'm about 1/2 way done with page three (yay for it only being about 50x20 stitches). Hoping to have it done for next week's update!

Firehawke
Post Posted: May 19, 2016 10:19 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Latest update...got page 3 done! Now just pages 2 and 4!

Spoiler:

AllHarvestMoon
Post Posted: May 19, 2016 3:36 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Firehawke wrote:
Latest update...got page 3 done! Now just pages 2 and 4!

Spoiler:

Whoa, you're SO COOL!!!! Is wish I could've given you a picture, but I'm not a member, I'm just a harvest moon lover. Anyway, good luck!

Firehawke
Post Posted: May 24, 2016 10:20 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Thanks!!! :)

You never know...I might need more pics in the future!

Arcy
Post Posted: May 24, 2016 4:23 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It is coming along so well. Definitely going to stand out in a crowd!

Firehawke
Post Posted: May 25, 2016 10:16 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Thanks, Arcy!

I've done a few more stitches. May work on it some more after the 3 day weekend.

Firehawke
Post Posted: Jun 01, 2016 10:29 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

I was busy last night! Most of what you see done on page three wasn't there 24 hours ago :P

Spoiler:

Firehawke
Post Posted: Jun 07, 2016 10:05 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

A busy week! My fingers were flying :P

Spoiler:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next