Spouse talk

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
Rose Petals
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Who did you marry?
Why did you choose him/her?
Were they your first choice?

You don't have to answer those questions, they're just a couple of prompts to get the conversation going.

On my first file I married Mistel. He was my first and only choice in that file. He is generally the type I choose.
On my guy file which I ended up deleting, I married Licorice. She wasn't much different than her ToTT version, so I got bored with that file quick.
My current file I married Nadi. Before this file I wouldn't consider him or Fritz, because I find the latter annoying and for Nadi collecting Grass Drink through requests is was annoying because I can't be bothered to wait for the recipe. On this file I challenged myself to marry someone I normally wouldn't choose, and Fritz was completely excluded. I don't regret it. Nadi is a sweet husband, and totally adorkable when he talks about the twins Amir and Lilac. I now like him more than Mistel.
Madara
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I married and am still married to Mistel.
When I first saw the images before the game came out, I thought Mistel was the most visually appealing. Klaus was a very close second.

Initially I was freaking out about Mistel but was torn between him and Klaus so I did Klaus's first flower events just to check (I loved the second one xD) but I couldn't take the time to date him so I watched the others on YouTube and found that he was the type to "subtlety" mention is age ALL the time. I really hate that which lead me to marry Mistel.

He is really short... and when he hits on me super hard with all his needy nonsense I feel like a pedo and he looks just like the kids but a few of his flower events were awesome.

This is my only save and I just unlocked Tropical Country. The other file is my RL fiance's so I can't remarry anyway. Mistel and I are going for the 30 year achievement :p
Lenna36
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Who did you marry?
Klaus

He's a big bad wolf. :wink: Seriously though, he appealed to me. There were so many mysteries about his past that kept me intrigued. Klaus is a gentleman and very mature. Even though he's an old man, I like him and he's so cute with Eda and Eben. He was so excited when they were born.

He was. Nadi second and Raeger third. I didn't have enough patience to get through another file or the 30 year achievement.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

*cracks knuckles* this might take a while

Who did you marry?
It was a fight between Raegar and Kamil; in the end, they both won! I ended up splitting my file and married Raegar first, then Kamil second.

(Putting the next two in spoilers; somewhat long responses)
Spoiler:
I'm going to be 100% honest... only chose Raegar for his CG at first. It was too much to handle, I couldn't stop laughing for 3 minutes straight, just from the idea of Marvelous putting that picture in a Bokumono game. Turns out, I liked Raegar more than I thought I would because of his chill and relaxed personality. Bonus points for his so-called handsomeness (but imo, all the bachelors were pretty damn cute in SOS). I think what officially got me though, was the purple flower event.

Cam was my favorite bachelor in TOTT, so I figured I'd marry him again. I'm really torn between which Kam I like though. Cam was always a bit more shy and distant, while also being more modest with showing expressions, and even having a calm, smooth demeanor with the MC. Kamil seemed way more talkative and approachable from the beginning, yet I feel like he lost his calm smoothness of speech, as he just seemed more awkward and direct/straight-to-the-point at times. Still married him though with no regrets. Bonus points for wearing purple, it's my favorite color! Plus he looks hella dreamy and hot in his wedding attire; I always had a thing for guys with somewhat long hair.
Spoiler:
Yeah, I guess they both technically were after I evaluated the other candidate options. I always play female, so that narrowed down my choices to 6. I think when the game was released in Japan, I saw Mistel first, and at the time, he was one of those candidates that I'd go for if no one else fit my interests. He did look really young though, which is why I probably didn't chose him (at the time, I was also playing RF4 like crazy, and he looked similar to Kiel, another bachelor to which I probably would not ever marry).
Klaus had a really nice, regal personality, but he was a bit too well in his age for my particular taste. I do like green eyes though, yet I doubt that would have sold me to go for him.
Nadi was just "eh". When it came to dialogue, he was more of an angsty person than a Tsundere at times. One moment he was strangely happy and polite, then he'd become all grumpy for no reason, so there was just too much of a middle ground for me.
And Fritz... just no. From the tutorial, it was like the stereotypical situation of "You two have so much in common! You're both young, ambitious, love farming, and know Eda, so go swim in a river together and become friends!!! :bunny: ". I wanted to marry a man, damn it. Not some crazy, clumsy, lazy, hyperactive kid who probably ate 30 pixie stix packs for breakfast! It just felt like the game kept pushing me towards Fritz as if he was the main bachelor, when I for one am struggling against their grasp to run away. Don't even get me started with the farm rival events, they gave him the worst possible archetype ever! :(
Raegar was pretty cool, since I always was put off by chefs in HM. They were either female candidates (Elli, Katie, Felicity, Laney, etc.) or just bad at cooking in general. Then there's people like Pierre who look 8, or Gormet, who is part fish. I liked his style; he seemed like the kind of guy who you could have a long conversation with if he's having slow business at the restaurant. Poor thing had a lonely, depressing backstory. I nearly cried during his purple event. Though after marriage, he always wants to take a hot bath with the MC, so I'll blame the Japanese cultural differences for that line of dialogue, lmao.
With four shots down and one taken, that left me with Kamil as my last candidate for my second file. Though when comparing him to TOTT, he really did find ways to surprise me in the most awkward ways, by saying stuff like "ciao babe" when I wasn't even dating him, and I think I remember Kamil having a late night dialogue when you're married, about wanting you two to go to bed as soon as possible, so he can hold you tight all night and cuddle with you while falling asleep or something. Can't really say that I made the wrong choice, but I was definately very surprised at his... character development? Sure, I'll call it that. :lol: No complaints here, I found the new side of him to be oddly charming and cute.

So yeah, it was really just an elimination process of the six guys. No regrets here, they all have their own cute and weird perks that make me love them as video game characters.
Holy « Puppy Doodoo », I think I got way too into this response. This always happens when the topic of marriage comes up in a HM/SOS/RF game, rofl.
sharp
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I picked up this game about 7 years after i last played a HM game. I really wanted to make the most out of the experience, so I actually decided to view every single flower event possible before deciding who to marry.

Basically I played till the point where every candidate's flower level was red and I'd already seen all their white/purple events (and even completed EVERY bachelorette's requirement for a reverse confession, though I took care to not trigger any of them until I was done). It was around year 4... when I saved my game at one point and started going through every candidate's confession, yellow/red heart events and the wedding, then closing the game without saving and repeat again with another bachelorette.

It was really hard for me to choose but I went with Licorice eventually since her personality stood out to me the most (she's kinda similar to Kasumi in Trio, which is probably what influenced me to pick Kasumi in the next game). The funny thing is, before meeting Licorice I was almost dead set on picking either Elise or Angela (which is why I had to play till year 3 to see all of Elise's events...) but eventually, no regrets with Licorice, heh :heart:

It was only a while later that I realised that she was a returning character under a different name from ToTT (which I never played, and still haven't). That kinda tempted me to buy ToTT just to marry her but the negative reviews have convinced me otherwise..

Until now, I kind of regret playing through my SoS file this way, waiting for so long just to choose a partner. But then again I probably wouldn't have chosen Licorice if I'd decided on one of the default bachelorettes.
marzipan
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Nadi's the closest thing this game had to a tsundere so I put a ring on it.

That's usually the type I go for in any game with dating sim elements. I kinda have a thing for the "seemingly a total jerk but is really just bad at expressing himself" archetype.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

File 1. I married Raeger.

File 2. I was going to marry Kamil, but 3oT came out.

File 3 (2 copies of the game). I played as a guy and was going after Lillie.

Never started a fourth game but I think I wanted to woo Fritz for amusement.
Sanne
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Who and why?
On my female file I'm going to marry Nadi. Not too big on his archetype and I didn't like his events, but I found his sass hilarious and he was adorable when dating/married. And I think his blushing portrait looks cute!

On my "male" file I'm planning on marrying Angela. She's adorable and her events were great.

I know I haven't married them yet, but I definitely will whenever I can find the time to do so.

Were they my first choice?
Not at all.
When I bought the game I thought I would go for Klaus, but it turned out I didn't like his dialogue as much as I expected.

For the girls I thought it would be Lillie, but I think I prefer her as friend.