Stamina

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
GiodeTheTall
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

So I’ve picked up Story of Seasons again and I’m in Summer of year 1. I have the root crop field and 14 more spaces for crops by my home. I’ve upgraded to the copper watering can (which may be the best I can do for awhile), but I still feel like I’m burning through stamina really quickly. I’ve stopped using fertilizer on all of my plants, but feel like I’m still barely pulling through each day. I know I can go to the restaurant for an extra boost but I don’t want to rely on that because it’s closed some days. Any suggestions for gaining some stamina early on in the game, until I get the safari and the mine unlocked?

It’s always possible I could just be overdoing it :(
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

What mode are you playing on?
GiodeTheTall
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I'm just playing on the normal difficulty
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That explains most of your stamina. At the beginning of the game you’ll lose half just by watering everything.

Playing on seedling you won’t lose as much.
Yuuki_
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Fall year 1 will unlock the Safari, which gives you access to the mine, with a chance to mine gold.
If you can obtain the right blueprint you can upgrade to a gold watering can.

It's been a long while since I started (year 4 now) but I remember I was set on doing A LOT in the first year.
I sometimes ate at the restaurant, but I also cooked my own meals. Turnip soup/salad, tomato salad and boiled egg.

If money is an issue, and you don't mind saving and resetting, try your luck at diving.
See if you can find gems or rare items and sell them for cash. You don't need them this early anyway.
Use that money to sustain your energy.

Having money also allows you to cook food, rather than selling all crops for cash.

PS:
If you can get the [Royal Blue Tri. Ring], [Dark Green Clip-Ons] and [Violet Earrings], you'll unlock a bonus which recovers 5 stamina every 10 seconds.
Last edited by Yuuki_ on Mar 23, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GiodeTheTall
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I guess I'll just hold back a bit til Fall and can upgrade more. I just wanna dive in and do everything ASAP I guess :bunny:
Boggy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

There's really very little rush in Harvest Moon type games (they're farm/life simulation experiences, so you're not expected to have everything sorted Year 1). Admittedly, I'm more of a methodical, "take-my-time" kind of player, so my advice would be to take it slow. Your farmer is always limited at the onset of the game, which forces you to prioritize what you want to tackle and what you want to leave for another day. Days get busier and busier as you progress, so you may want to use the downtime to get better acquainted with game mechanics and improve relations with the town. Once business picks up and you have a family and livestock and loads of crops, you'll be glad you got public relations out of the way. And good rapport with the characters opens up new dialog options and events (and sometimes items).