* Search  * Register
It is currently Jun 25, 2019 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

fortunepj
  Post subject: Fashion Show Question
Post Posted: Mar 01, 2019 8:55 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Hello everyone! I'm playing the first Story of Seasons and I'm about to do the year 2 Spring Fashion Show.

I'm a little confused about one aspect. The themes for the fashion shows I have seen so far are "Fashionable" or "Formal". However, when I look at the Fogu website, the attributes it gives to clothing items are "Chic", "Functional", "Casual", "Elegant", and "Gorgeous".

One person on some forums I looked at says the "Fashionable" and "Formal" requirements don't mean anything, and that you should just match color and season. However other people have different opinions on the matter.

My question is simply this: how do I make sure the clothes I select will be acceptable for the "Fashionable" requirement of my upcoming contest? Thank you very much for your help!

Shan O 123
  Post subject: Re: Fashion Show Question
Post Posted: Mar 01, 2019 10:58 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I personally would just match color and season. It’s been forever since I’ve done this but all I know it can be difficult so good luck.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Mar 01, 2019 12:50 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

One more thing... I found a link in an older thread for a tumblr blog that should help. If you scroll down to Spreadsheet 4, "Fashion Data" that's the same one I kept on hand when I was playing.

That and remember to save before the festival so you can try again if it's being finicky. Best of luck! :)

Yuuki_
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2019 8:54 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Fashionable means something your don't wear on a daily basis. So "not functional".
Formal means "not casual".

As long as you combine the right colours you'll be fine. It's not until year 4-5 that your model has to be dressed perfectly if you don't want to end up second place. As said before, save beforehand. Check out the competition and try to copy the ones that get good remarks.