Dessie Marriage Event

Nintendo 3DS. The first Bokujou Monogatari game localized by XSeed Games. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2014. NA release = Mar 2015. EU release = Dec 2015.
Adrie
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I honestly have no idea if anyoen will ever respond to this or even see this cuz this game is so old, but I'm finally coming back to it after years because I loved the game. Turns out I never ended up marrying Kamil, even though I'm at red flower with him. Funnily enough, I remember the reason was because every Sunday for almost two seasons, it was raining, making the last heart event impossible. Now I've finally done the last heart event but when I went to propose to him, he didn't accept. I have the final house upgrade and I've seen all heart events, so the only thing I can be missing is the event where Dessie tries to explain marriage. The problem is I'm in year 4 and unlocked Dessie a long time ago. I have no idea how to trigger the event now.

If you have any ideas, please help.. If someone even sees this xD
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There's always something missing. A lot of people run into this problem with all candidates, that somehow, one tiny trigger condition is missing and they can't find what it is.

The event where Dessie tells you how to get married (giving the feather) is automatic and can't be missed. The only requirements are that she is in town (so after Year 2 begins) and that you be dating someone (aka: have already given someone a ring)...as soon as those two conditions are met, she'll pop up and talk about the blue feather. If it actually didn't happen, your game would have to be glitched, and there wouldn't be anything you could do about it that I know of...but I've never heard of that happening to anyone. Do you have the feather? If you do have it, you already saw that event, afaik, cuz it doesn't unlock in Otmar's shop until Dessie tells you about it at the beginning of year 2.

The only way you could fail to unlock Dessie is if you hadn't gotten to see the 4 nature sprite inspection events. (They happen the first time you walk into each public field.) But you say you already have her, so that can't be the case.

I don't think Kamil even has any special requirements. To get married, all you'd first need is to be dating by having made and then given Kamil a ring on a sunny non-Holiday weekend. (Only sunny Saturdays and Sundays will work.) But you must have already done this or you wouldn't have been able to see the pink event where, when Melanie asks what made you fall in love with him, you tell her it's because you like his kindness.

Then after seeing all events, including the yellow and pink ones, having him at red, and buying the blue feather, and having your house at Big Farm House size (the blueprint costs 100,000G and takes 7 emerald in addition to lumber, stone and glass) you'd need to propose on a weekend again, and on a sunny day with no other events, including festivals/etc. I'm not clear on if you have to do it before 11PM or not, though.

I don't think there are any other conditions than those. Kamil doesn't have a scheduled job, like Raeger does, so you don't have to worry about not asking while he's working. I can't think of a single other condition.
  • Be dating (have given the ring)
    See yellow and pink events
    Be at red heart/flower
    Upgrade house
    Buy blue feather (it will only unlock after Dessie tells you about it...if you have it, that means you've already seen the event)
    Give blue feather on sunny weekend day with no other events happening on it (possibly pre-11PM.)
That's it. I can't think of anything else.
Adrie
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:There's always something missing. A lot of people run into this problem with all candidates, that somehow, one tiny trigger condition is missing and they can't find what it is.

The event where Dessie tells you how to get married (giving the feather) is automatic and can't be missed. The only requirements are that she is in town (so after Year 2 begins) and that you be dating someone (aka: have already given someone a ring)...as soon as those two conditions are met, she'll pop up and talk about the blue feather. If it actually didn't happen, your game would have to be glitched, and there wouldn't be anything you could do about it that I know of...but I've never heard of that happening to anyone. Do you have the feather? If you do have it, you already saw that event, afaik, cuz it doesn't unlock in Otmar's shop until Dessie tells you about it at the beginning of year 2.

The only way you could fail to unlock Dessie is if you hadn't gotten to see the 4 nature sprite inspection events. (They happen the first time you walk into each public field.) But you say you already have her, so that can't be the case.

I don't think Kamil even has any special requirements. To get married, all you'd first need is to be dating by having made and then given Kamil a ring on a sunny non-Holiday weekend. (Only sunny Saturdays and Sundays will work.) But you must have already done this or you wouldn't have been able to see the pink event where, when Melanie asks what made you fall in love with him, you tell her it's because you like his kindness.

Then after seeing all events, including the yellow and pink ones, having him at red, and buying the blue feather, and having your house at Big Farm House size (the blueprint costs 100,000G and takes 7 emerald in addition to lumber, stone and glass) you'd need to propose on a weekend again, and on a sunny day with no other events, including festivals/etc. I'm not clear on if you have to do it before 11PM or not, though.

I don't think there are any other conditions than those. Kamil doesn't have a scheduled job, like Raeger does, so you don't have to worry about not asking while he's working. I can't think of a single other condition.
  • Be dating (have given the ring)
    See yellow and pink events
    Be at red heart/flower
    Upgrade house
    Buy blue feather (it will only unlock after Dessie tells you about it...if you have it, that means you've already seen the event)
    Give blue feather on sunny weekend day with no other events happening on it (possibly pre-11PM.)
That's it. I can't think of anything else.
Thank you, it's fine now. You can't propose on the same day you do a heart event, that was where my issue came up. Thank you so much though!!