terraforming tears

The first mainline Harvest Moon game developed by Natsume. Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2014. EU release = Jun 2015.
noaaa
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

On transferring data to my New 3DS, I lost my save data of 130+ hours :(

I'm not so much upset over losing actual game progress. Worse is that I had the entire Goddess Spring mountain terraformed into beautiful even steps on both sides of the waterfall, and all mines uncovered and easily reachable ;n;

But at least I didn't lose the game itself. Time to get back to digging!
Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Oh man, I am SO SORRY T_T *offers hug* I would be completely devastated if I lost my progress. I don't mind things like clearing the main story again, but MY BEAUTIFUL VALLEEEEEEY T_T I hope you're able to get back to where you were soon!
princesszelda
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Awww ;___;

Good luck getting your Valley back to the way it was! That would be horrible because I am relatively bad at terraforming.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I've NEVER had a problem with a bad save (and I'm pretty much pure digital), but this makes me want to go buy Powersaves.

Especially since my husband has occasionally taken my 3ds out for streetpasses...and LEFT it somewhere. I have a 900+ hour AC save....
Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

irulethegalaxy wrote:I've NEVER had a problem with a bad save (and I'm pretty much pure digital), but this makes me want to go buy Powersaves.

Especially since my husband has occasionally taken my 3ds out for streetpasses...and LEFT it somewhere. I have a 900+ hour AC save....
@______@ Oh my lord, I physically winced when I read that. Losing that kind of progress HURTS @_@ Powersaves only works with physical copies of games; if you're playing digital games, you can back up your saves by copying them from your SD card to your computer.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Lirishae wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:I've NEVER had a problem with a bad save (and I'm pretty much pure digital), but this makes me want to go buy Powersaves.

@______@ Oh my lord, I physically winced when I read that. Losing that kind of progress HURTS @_@ Powersaves only works with physical copies of games; if you're playing digital games, you can back up your saves by copying them from your SD card to your computer.

Heh, or I could if it wasn't a N3ds...It's a royal pain to unscrew that back plate.

Too bad Nintendo doesn't make it easy to locate your save on the card...

I told my husband that the closest he's EVER come to me was leaving my (then about 800 hour) AC save on my ALBW XL at the Starbucks...luckily the Sbux staff swooped in and rescued it, since they knew who it belonged to!
Lirishae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Oh, so you didn't lose it then? PHEW! @_@
noaaa
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Oh my gosh, that Starbucks employee saved a life ...

My copy of the game is digital, and the save was backed up too! I followed the instructions to transfer the system to the letter, but somehow I still ended up losing three save files.

Progress on my valley is slow but steady! Gilbert just showed up again so now I can get rid of those pesky river offshoots. I can't wait until it's done again hahaha.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Lirishae wrote:Oh, so you didn't lose it then? PHEW! @_@

No, but he came home without my console....he left it on a counter there. I thought for sure it had been "adopted", and I was just about in tears. Luckily the Sbux crew knew him (daily coffee/streetpass run LOL), so they rescued it.

It would have been doubly bad because we were heading to Disneyland that day; I would have missed dozens and dozens of streetpasses as well. Assuming I wasn't in jail for murder by that point, that is. :shock:
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

noaaa wrote:Oh my gosh, that Starbucks employee saved a life ...

Agreed, I should have brought them flowers or candy or something. I'm pretty sure my husband thanked them profusely upon retrieving it!