Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Nov 27, 2020 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2297 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 154  Next

Which village are you most interested in so far?
Lulucoco Village 37%  37%  [ 56 ]
Wes Town 12%  12%  [ 18 ]
Tsuyukusa Village 52%  52%  [ 79 ]
Total votes : 153
FoolishGhoul
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 6:34 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Story of Seasons: Precious Friends of Three Towns
**Title subject to change**
牧場物語 3つの里の大切な友だち
"Bokujou Monogatari 3tsu no Sato no Taisetsuna Tomodachi"
Developers: Marvelous AQL
Localization: XSEED Games

Thread Disclaimer

Console: Nintendo 3DS only--Reminder that the 3DS is REGION LOCKED so you cannot play games from other regions.

Release Dates for:
Japan – June 23, 2016
United States – Unknown
Europe – Unknown

General Game Information

Nintendo Everything via 1/13/16 wrote:
A few hours ago, Famitsu unveiled Story of Seasons: Good Friends of Three Villages. Leaks from the magazine provide a few more details about the project.

We mentioned earlier today that Lulucoco Town, Tsuyukusa Village, and Wes Town are in the game. The first one is tropical based, the second features a Japanese style, and the third one has a western theme. Famitsu seems to have character details about Wes Town this week. We’re waiting to hear about marriage candidates as this information has not yet leaked. Reports also mention “cute pets and animals”, though we’ll need to wait for tomorrow’s scans to see them for ourselves.

Just like in the past, players can choose their gender and appearance. This extends to skin color, hair color, facial expressions, and more.

One new element in Story of Seasons: Good Friends of Three Villages is a “Farm Circle” system. This allows players to increase efficiency by placing certain buildings and facilities in the farm.

Story of Seasons: Good Friends of Three Villages is 80 percent complete. It’ll be released early summer in Japan.

(X)

Some info thanks to Emurii’s translations!
Emurii wrote:
Some tidbits:

- Looks like you will befriend pets and then you can have (more than?) one live with you. They will give you gifts.
- You can bring your pet with you anywhere around town
- There is a pet contest festival
- Part time jobs are back, with jobs in each of the three towns
- There is a jump button
- You can change the appearance of/rearrange your house
- There's a system called "Farm Circle," where it seems you plant your crops around a scarecrow (that is movable), and those crops around it get some kind of bonus

Gonna go back to the first two pages now...

- FeMC and MC have both wanted to own a farm since they were kids. The FeMC's personality is described as being a bit strong willed, but kind, and the MC's is described as kind but kind of wishy-washy/changes his mind easily.
- There is a feature in character customization where you change what "type" of person you are/what you are good at, and it affects your character's life. Hmmm???
- Lulukoko Town: Mysterious, exotic, resort-type seaside town. You can get southern fruits and ocean produce.
- Tsuyukusa Town: Nostalgic, Asian-influenced town with a river and a bridge. Paddy crops. You feel like you want to wear a kimono there.
- Wes Town: This is the first town you are invited to (implies that there is some kind of unlock order). IT IS A MINING TOWN.
- FRANK IS YOUR UNCLE

About the Game

The Country-Style ‘Wes Town’
Image Image
A village lined with wooden buildings and that exudes the atmosphere of the West.
In the past, it flourished as a mine town, and traces of that period still exist in various places.
As far as activities go, you can go to the river and fish, or mine for minerals at one of the mining locations (provided you have a hammer).
This is the village you start out in; however, your farm neighbors all three towns so you can easily access all of them.
There is the Postino (post office) in this town as well that you can use to send letters to family and friends in all three villages. The letters come with predetermined things that they will say and you get to choose an option of what you would like your letter to say.

The Asian-Style ‘Tsuyukusa Village’
Image Image
A village with tiled roof buildings and an arched bridge over a flowing river that exudes a nostalgic atmosphere.
It has a vast source of water, and is prosperous in paddy fields and cultivated land.
You’ll find people wearing kimonos in this village.

The Tropical-Style ‘Lulucoco Village’
Image Image
An exotic village where a mysterious ruin exists and with a beach that echoes the pleasant sound of the waves.
Tropical fruits and marine products are aplenty here, and you’ll find people wearing colorful ethnic outfits.

Farming
Image Image
Plot farming (like in the last installment of SoS) makes a return! Crops are set in a 3x3 plot that is tilled, seeded, watered, and harvested in a bunch.
Moving plots makes a reappearance after disappearing from SoS after ANB. X
A new mechanic called “farm circle” is being introduced. By constructing a building or facility on your farm, you can improve the growth of your crops, and by simply changing the arrangement of these buildings, you can increase the efficiency of your harvest.
There’s a special type of Farm Circles called “Power Circles”, which can impact nearby Farm Circles (they can help raise the crop yield, for example). Some examples of power circles are...
Cactus: raises the sweetness of crops (most likely useful for fruits);
Flower bed in a cart: makes your crops more colourful;
Water fountain with flowers: increase the moisture levels.
New qualities for crops has been introduced such as sweetness, color/sheen, and moisture.

Pets
You can choose your favorite pet and have them live with you in your home as your “Soul Mate Pet.”
Pets can follow you around your farm as well as village to village as you travel. X
You can have your pets compete/participate in certain festivals.

Confirmed types of pets available:
Dogs: Husky, Shiba, Bernese, Doberman, Toy Poodle, Dachshund, Chihuahua, Beagle, and more
Cats: Maine Coon, Scotty, Himalayan, Calico, Siamese, Tabby, American Shorthair, Bengal, and more
Other: Capybara

Part-Time Jobs
Perfectly Nintendo on 2/10/16 wrote:
Finally, we have part-time jobs, which are (more or less) side-quests. You can do those in order to earn some extra money, which can be used on the farm or buy things to woo your sweetheart. They work that way:

thanks to an intermediary, you find a part-time job;
you go see the person who needs your help;
you do what they ask you to do;
you get your reward (money, but also some items occasionally).
There are quite a few different jobs: chopping wood, delivering the mail, transporting crops, and more.

Mining
There will be specific spots for mining that you will be able to hit with a hammer around Wes Town to get minerals from. While there will be multiple spots to mine from, the traditional method of mining of going into a mine and hitting rocks while going down different levels to get more rare stones, will not be returning in this installment.

Available scans thus far:

Page One: {x}
Page Two: {x}
Page Three: {x}
Page Four: {x}

Page Five: {x}
Page Six: {x}
Page Seven: {x}
Page Eight: {x}

Page Nine: {x}
Page Ten: {x}
Page Eleven: {x}
Page Twelve: {x}

Last edited by FoolishGhoul on Apr 09, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 17 times in total.

FoolishGhoul
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 6:34 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Characters

*Click for official art image
Male Protagonist
Personality: Described as kind but kind of wishy-washy/changes his mind easily.
Screenshot: {x}

Female Protagonist
Personality: Described as being a bit strong willed, but kind.
Screenshot: {x}

Marriage Candidates

Bachelors

Name: Ludeus
Personality: A jack of all trades living in Lulucoco Village. He is a childhood friend of the twin sisters (Iuka & Shuka), and is adored by the children of the village. He specializes in home renovations and farm circle creation, and can make anything if you have the material for it. You’ll find him walking around Lulucoco Village checking things out.
In-game Portrait: {x}

Name: Wayne
Location: Lives in Wes town, but due to his job he travels a lot
Personality: A young man with a buoyant personality who works as a postman. He is sociable, friendly, and always smiling. He enjoys teasing others, but while that attitude might make him seem insincere, he’s a big-brother type that people can depend on when he’s needed. Although he thinks “it’s rude if you don’t make a move on her” when it comes to woman, when he meets the (female) protagonist, his way of thinking will change little by little. Due to the nature of his job, he has a wide range of activities.
In-game Portrait: {x} Translation by Nurse Fin: "I always like my home to smell nice. That's why I decorate it with lots of flowers."

Name: Yuzuki
Personality: A young decorative ornament maker. With his gentle and calm disposition, he has an easy-to-talk-to air about him. He was a sickly child, so he was taken to the hot springs a lot to improve his health. He loves sweets.
In-game Portrait: {x} Translation by Chocoboyz: "(You are) the first person to whom I can speak freely (without hesitation) outside my family."

Bachelorettes

Name: Kasumi
Personality: A young woman at the temple school teaching reading. She doesn't talk to men her age a lot, and has a calm personality, but she has a side of her that has a love of horseback riding. Skilled at using a naginata.
In-game Portrait: {x} Translation by Chocoboyz: "Compared to a crowded place, a place of abundant nature like this is more calming."

Name: Iuka
Personality: The older of the twin sisters that run the beach tea house. She is also a shrine maiden with a mysterious power. Although slightly strong-minded, she has a bright personality and is liked by everyone. She’s often either at the Lulucoco Village beach tea house or at her house.
In-game Portrait: {[url]x[/url]}

Name: Lichette/Lisette
Personality: A girl with a bright personality who works in the flower shop. She took a likening to gardening thanks to her parents and has been familiar with plants since she was a child. She grew up in a comforting home, so she can be somewhat naive. She enjoys knitting and handicrafts, and even at her current age, she likes fairy-tales. She doesn’t leave Wes Town often.
In-game Portrait: {x} Translation by Nurse Fin: "Let me know if you have any questions about raising flowers! I'll help you however I can."

Name: Shuka
Personality:The younger of the twin sisters that run the beach tea house in Lulucoco Village. Just like her sister, she is also a shrine maiden with a mysterious power. She has vast knowledge of medicinal plants, moves at her own pace, and is sometimes absentminded. She spends much of her day at the beach tea house or in the sea.
In-game Portrait: {x}

Getting Married
Info from Cher's guide

Each of the three towns have their own marriage candidates. Each candidate will have a flower on the conversation dialog box that displays their current friendship level and each town has its own flower type: Westown has a rose, Tsuyukusa has a camellia, and Lulukoko Village has a sunflower.

Once you raise a candidate's friendship to a blue flower or higher, you can give a going-steady pendant to confirm your commitment with that person. You may propose marriage once you have completed all of the marriage requirements, with each towns' candidate requiring a specific proposal item. The item you need for proposing to a candidate in Tsuyukusa is the Blue Feather; the other towns' items are not known yet. The wedding will be themed based on the town your fiance is from.

Having a Child

Sometime after you get married to your one true love, you will have a child. However, at this point it is uncertain how many children you can/will have and how gender is chosen. The child's physical look will take after the spouse you marry. How much of your child's appearance is based on your spouse is unknown at this time as well, whether it is just hair color or an entire different design is still to be revealed.

The child shown above is the child you will have should you marry Wayne.

Last edited by FoolishGhoul on Mar 20, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 16 times in total.

FoolishGhoul
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 6:35 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Villagers

WES TOWN

Name: Brad
Personality: Studied cuisine and was asked by his grandpa to manage his restaurant. He likes to challenge himself by coming up with new dishes.
In-game Portrait:

Name: Carrie
Personality: Manages the restaurant in Wes Town with her husband, Brad. She will greet anyone with a smile and isn't the type to leave someone out in the cold.
In-game Portrait:

Name: Frank
Personality: Your uncle who you’ve only met several times since childhood and reunite with again after a number of years. He’ll provide you strict guidance as your farming mentor. He is a cheerful spirit who doesn’t forget anyone’s thoughtfulness, and has an exceeding love for nature.
In-game Portrait: {x} Translation by Emurii: "Oh, what's up? Is there anything you don't understand? Should I explain it to you?"

Name: Marco
Personality: Used to manage the local restaurant but has now retired and left it in the hands of his grandson, Brad and his wife. He's now enjoying a carefree life and enjoys fishing by the river in Wes Town.
In-game Portrait:

Name: Megan
Personality: A level-headed and cheerful old lady who says what’s on her mind and can be scary when she’s angry. Her personality has earned her the love of Wes Town’s inhabitants. In caring for her health, she often goes from Wes Town to Tsuyukusa Village.
In-game Portrait: {x} Translation by Emurii: "I'm a farmer, too, so if there's anything you don't know, you can count on me. I'll be happy to give you advice on anything."

Name: Miranda
Personality: A good-natured woman who runs the general store. She has an eye for pretty things and announces it to everyone when she obtains the latest information. In her youth, she was a soprano singer. You’ll often find her around the general store.
In-game Portrait: {x} Translation by Emurii: "You can count on me if something's troubling you. Taking care of people is almost like a hobby of mine!"

Name: Noel
Personality: Miranda’s talented young daughter. Since she talks to customers at the general store, she’s usually not shy. Seeing the photos of her young mother, she dreams of becoming a soprano singer. While she’s often at home, when she’s practicing song, she’s somewhere outside of the public eye as not to be found.
In-game Portrait: {x} Translation by Emurii: "My mommy always does my hair! Isn't it cute? Haha, thank you!"

LULUCOCO VILLAGE

Name: Alma
Personality: Sister of Shark; Daughter of Kalira and Zahau

Name: Kalira
Personality: Married to Zahau; Mother of Alma and Shark

Name: Shark
Personality: Alma's brother; Son of Kalira and Zahau

Name: Zahau
Personality: Married to Kalira; Father of Shark and Alma

Last edited by FoolishGhoul on Mar 20, 2016 1:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.

FoolishGhoul
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 6:35 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Special Thanks To…

Being UnoT overlord, making the awesome guide, helping with this thread, and putting up with everything:
Cher

Translations:
Emurii
Icewings
Nurse Fin
RopeMaidenKirie
Satoshi-kun

Posting Scans:
-Tio- - First scan leak
Anon Fishy 'Eep' - Second scan leak

Other helpful people:
Arcy
Ronin19

Thank you to everyone who made putting this thread together possible! Couldn't have done it without everyone's help <3

DISCLAIMER:

If you take information from this thread, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF « Harvest Goddess » CREDIT THE THREAD BY LINKING BACK TO IT. I don't care if you directly give me credit or not, but at least link back to this thread please.

Also, if you take anything from either the front page or the rest of this topic that was translated by someone, credit that person as well. If you don't know who translated what or where I got some specific info, please just ask me and I'll let you know as soon as I can get back to you about it.
Thanks for understanding!

Last edited by FoolishGhoul on Feb 10, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 6:38 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Looks great Ghoul! Thanks for making the thread :D Thanks Cher for opening up the new forum!

I feel like we'll have a bit of a wait until the next update though. I think it was around a month last time between updates, but I don't remember precisely.

FoolishGhoul
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 6:39 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Gosh mom stop you're embarrassing me

but yeah it'll probably be a bit before we get more updates. Marriage candidates section is lookin a little thin rn

GemiMini
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 6:40 pm 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Oh wow, a new subforum! Thanks for making this thread, Ghoul~

The wait to the next update saddens me. Well, I guess having all the info at once would be no fun!

Arcy
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 6:43 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Great thread! Thanks for making it, Ghoul! And to Cher for giving us a board for the game!

So much information to drool on...

Lon Lon
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 6:57 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Thanks for compiling everything! It's way easier to find info this way. I missed Lichette's and Wayne's portraits in the other thread and am happy to see them here. Wayne looks the same but Lichette looks much nicer in-game.

Poppyseed
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 7:02 pm 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Oh! Ghoul it looks so good~! There's no possible way I'll get behind on this one...I think.

Gah, I really love how the interface of the game looks.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 7:14 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

GemiMini wrote:
Oh wow, a new subforum! Thanks for making this thread, Ghoul~

The wait to the next update saddens me. Well, I guess having all the info at once would be no fun!

Lol, I'm with Gemi.

Anyway thanks Ghoul for making the thread.

LushDesert
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 7:23 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Thanks Cher and Ghoul for the shiny new forum and thread! After reading all of the info on the other thread, I am beyond excited for this! Let's hope they're making it extra amazing for their 20th anniversary! I'd say that my biggest wants for this next game would be that we get a wide variety of marriage candidates (Let's mix it up a little and get some types we've never seen before into the game!), easier crafting for clothing or a larger amount of clothing that you can craft without needing crazy ingredients, and, more than anything, I'd LOVE for the game to be more plot driven. The past games where the plot was more complex (ToT and AP had great plots) always held my interest longer, and I'd love to have more of a story rather than just collecting and shipping a million items.

Has anyone translated what the characters are saying in the in-game screenshots?

Also, when can we expect more information about the game? I want to see more potential husbandos! :heart:

Last edited by LushDesert on Jan 18, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 7:42 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Thanks Ghoul and Cher!!!
Page looks great!

I need to start taking Japanese again so I can stalk the websites...

What do you think they will reveal next?

Liliana93
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 7:43 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Thanks guys for all the translations and thanks Cher for making a new sub-forum for it! :heart:

They already interested me with Wayne I love character personalities like hisXD

Nurse Fin
Post Posted: Jan 18, 2016 8:04 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

In the screenshots...

Wayne: I always like my home to smell nice. That's why I decorate it with lots of flowers.
Lichette: Let me know if you have any questions about raising flowers! I'll help you however I can.

Interesting they both talk about flowers in their introductory screenshot. I mean flower girl is a given, but.

How are we going to romanize her name anyway? Lisette, Lichette, Licette...?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2297 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 154  Next