Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

   * Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 16, 2018 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Author Message
Syvle
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Nov 29, 2016 7:18 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 3752

Offline
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Quote:
Some pics and tidbits about Inari's kid.
Spoiler:


Can't check Stephanie's since I haven't progressed a lot in my boy data.


Ah...

Spoiler:
That's pretty disappointing that Inari doesn't seem to have any child related lines. Having a child now is nice, but the parent not acknowledging the child even exist between you two after "birth" lessens that impact. I hope that Inari eventually is found to say some lines about their child. The child only praying to Inari and not actually speaking with her/him is also strange, but perhaps they meant it in a way that the child is aware of Inari as a parent but doesn't have the power to see/interact with them?

Does the child say anything about Inari in reverse?


I decided to check the script dump since I haven't been able to see any baby related line from Inari despite that I could see their child related lines after their kid has grown up, and it seems that Inari does have 3 child related lines (in comparison to 6 for the other candidates, as you won't see pregnancy scene with them).

However regarding this:
Spoiler:
The child only praying to Inari and not actually speaking with her/him is also strange, but perhaps they meant it in a way that the child is aware of Inari as a parent but doesn't have the power to see/interact with them?


The kid does interact with Inari during the special events, like crawling and grown up event. In fact
Spoiler:
Inari states that they come to visit their kid during those special events because they could hear their kid calling for them. So, Inari's kid should have known who their Father/Mother is as they will refer Inari as Papa/Mama there.

Still can't see the kid interacts with Inari aside of during special scenes though. Also, you can't have meals with Inari either, so there's no meals conversations between Inari and their kid available....aside of during special events like Birthday of course.


And for this question
Spoiler:
Does the child say anything about Inari in reverse?


You raised a good point here, and I would never have thought about checking this one specific line if you hadn't brought it up.

You see, there is this one friendship line with your kid...
Spoiler:
Image
Image

If you marry another candidates aside of Inari, your kid will always say how their friends have told them they just look like your spouse (probably because of their hair, skin and eyes colour). This is also the only spouse related line your kid will talk about, because aside of some locations related lines, your kid have generic lines regardless whom you marry.

However, if you marry Inari, your kid will say how their friends have told them the resemblance between your kid and you instead of your spouse. That is logical, considering how the other people can't see Inari. Yet at the same time, Woofio's kid will still say that people think they look like Woofio despite that only Fem!MC, her family and Woofio's own kid who have seen his real appearance? That's pretty weird....

So, at the same time, Inari's kid will also lose their only your spouse/kid resemblance line and it's pretty hilarious in one way or another, because it appears that the townspeople knows that he/she is your kid....despite that they never actually have acknowledged their birth (no congratulations/presents)....So, one day, a grown up boy/girl just start wandering around Tsuyukusa and suddenly everyone knows that he/she is your kid xD


Anyway now to Woofio's topic...Even though I'm kinda disappointed they won't show us his face or real name (heck he still even wears his costume when he sleeps lmao), I don't really get all the complaints because first of all, he is a BONUS candidate. You got to befriend him, see his events, marry him, have kid with his own colour palette with him and see family events (you can even get 'A Hectic Day' event with him and his existence as your spouse will be acknowledged during 'Chit-Chat with Everyone' event) with him FOR FREE. It doesn't cost us a penny, so why would one complaints and demands more for something that was given FOR FREE to us. Also, he's not even difficult to befriend with and his events are even easier to trigger than some other candidates tbh because it doesn't really have many specific weekend day/weather requirement.

Second, I honestly prefer a joke candidate with Dog Costume like him better because he has better background story and he has better character growth/changes than say.....
Spoiler:
Ludus, whom I just having hard time find anything interesting about, be it about his past, his future dream (does he even have one...Building a ship is probably the closest thing I can find?), or his character growth (Sorry, but I don't consider having some 'not so big brotherly impulse' growing when he is around Fem!MC as a 'Character Growth'). Everything feels so...static about him and nothing he says/his events never made me feel curious so that I have an urge that 'DAMN, I need to know more about him!'

Note that I am not one who always thinks that tragic past is the best past for a character. Heck, in fact some of my favorite characters are the happy go lucky type with normal family or background whom people like to call boring because they don't have any sob story behind them. But, I honestly think that Ludus' background is pale in comparison to some other candidates (or even townspeople) we have in 3oT.


At the end of note, everyone have their own opinions and that is why we have 13 candidates to choose that hopefully will suit everyone's taste. But for me, Hilarious/Interesting/Intriguing Lines and Events >>>> Visual Design.
 
 
OctavieKnite88
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Nov 29, 2016 8:54 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 335

Offline
@Sylve:

We're people, people will complain about everything and anything as long as there's something. But you have a point, that's why I'm just going to avoid the DLC altogether. No point in continuing to whine over something that isn't a requirement to have in the game.

I had a huge feeling from the beginning that Ludus would be a flat character. There's always one candidate for me that I think I'll like but end up not even marrying (i.e Angela from SoS, I instead married Elise who I was slightly wary of but now adore). The more I read about him, the more it seems like Ford is the exact type of character I'm looking for, which is immensely unfortunate to someone like me considering what I said before. It's a good thing that none of the girls interest me enough to make a boy file so that I have time to get to know more of them. Elise was at least cute to me, a bonus that made it easier to like her. Hopefully Xseed either somehow makes Ludus less boring, or Ford's personality and events are worth it...
 
 
Celestrian
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Nov 30, 2016 6:47 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1085

Offline
I'm gonna adopt a wait and see approach and see the bachelor dialouge for everything and make my choice then. I'll get the DLC anyway because I'd like to befriend Woofio. Just don't wanna marry him you know. If I marry Inari, I'll do it while playing as a boy because I like the female version of them better for some reason. I can't wait to see what you guys will end up doing in the game!
 
 
Ronin19
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Nov 30, 2016 7:12 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 5562

Offline
Celestrian wrote:
I can't wait to see what you guys will end up doing in the game!

Same with me. It always surprises me how much a person's mind changes when they have the game vs. waiting and reading other people's opinions. SoS, for example, I thought I was going to be with Nadi or Fritz and ended up with Kamil. I always thought in my boy file, however, that I would end up with Elise.
 
 
Celestrian
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Nov 30, 2016 7:24 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1085

Offline
Exactly. That's why I haven't made a for sure choice yet, but I know it will be one of the main guys for sure. It's all a matter of which one it would be.
 
 
gossipstone
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 02, 2016 1:03 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 331

Offline
I'm guessing they just threw in Inari and their child to appease fans for now and are going to go back and tweak the finer details (such as child interaction) at some point, or, if people outside of this forum feel the same way, will add it in due to fan demand. I think just adding in Inari interacting with their child in some ways would be fine, as having them attend dinner every night kind of takes away from them being a deity candidate imo. It makes more sense for Stephanie and Woofio to eat dinner with you, though, so I'm curious as to why that doesn't seem to be the case.
 
 
OctavieKnite88
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 02, 2016 8:37 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 335

Offline
gossipstone wrote:
I'm guessing they just threw in Inari and their child to appease fans for now and are going to go back and tweak the finer details (such as child interaction) at some point, or, if people outside of this forum feel the same way, will add it in due to fan demand. I think just adding in Inari interacting with their child in some ways would be fine, as having them attend dinner every night kind of takes away from them being a deity candidate imo. It makes more sense for Stephanie and Woofio to eat dinner with you, though, so I'm curious as to why that doesn't seem to be the case.


I can understand Inari not eating with you or living with you, but having the child and parent acknowledge each other is pretty much the only reason to have the kid in the first place-to unlock more dialogue and some events. Hopefully they do add this in so we get it by the time the game is out here. However, as far as I know....

Spoiler:
Woofio and Stephanie seem to live in town, and Stephanie has been shown having lunch with Lisette from time to time. They also live with you. So why can they not eat with you?
 
 
Anonymous Fish
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 03, 2016 7:53 am 
Anonymous Fish

Isn't it basically just laziness? :P Cmon not like Marvelous hasn't been lazy before, especially when it comes to romance. Usually when I got married in Harvest Moon it all went downhill from there, felt emptier than getting there, exceptions being ToT (and AP too with that logic) and Hm64.
 
 
Cherubae
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 03, 2016 9:38 am 
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

User avatar
Posts: 8015

Offline
Keep in mind that the series is not solely a marriage and child simulator. It was a farming simulation game followed by a social interaction experience with villagers, etc., which included the marriage aspect. The game series has evolved and is less about farming, which seems now to be just a way to earn money or complete in-game achievements, and more about the social factor. With most of its vocal userbase being female, I would expect that at some point it will become more about marriage/child/fashion/etc. and less about its classic core.

It isn't a matter of "laziness" or anything similar; in my opinion, it is a detachment between what its gender-majority userbase expect the game to be and what is actually developed and released. It is a difficult balance for sure.

Honestly, I don't mind the child not recognizing Inari's existence, as Inari is a spiritual deity that the mortal child wouldn't be able to see anyway. The child is magically gifted to the couple to be raised by you. Inari has no parenting involvement that I have read, so the child really has no interaction with them.

I was hoping that Woofio/Stephanie would be challenge candidates where you have to complete X number of requirements before they are available for marriage such as ship one of everything, have a certain farm degree, and so on. If they're just standard candidates, then it makes them a bit less special to me.
 
 
Shan O 123
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 03, 2016 9:55 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 6653

Offline
TBH I just feel like they've added Woofio/Stephanie to make things even. Before they've shown up, there was only one girl in Wes town and one guy in Lulukoko
 
 
Anonymous Fish
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 03, 2016 10:24 am 
Anonymous Fish

Cherubae wrote:
Keep in mind that the series is not solely a marriage and child simulator. It was a farming simulation game followed by a social interaction experience with villagers, etc., which included the marriage aspect. The game series has evolved and is less about farming, which seems now to be just a way to earn money or complete in-game achievements, and more about the social factor. With most of its vocal userbase being female, I would expect that at some point it will become more about marriage/child/fashion/etc. and less about its classic core.

It isn't a matter of "laziness" or anything similar; in my opinion, it is a detachment between what its gender-majority userbase expect the game to be and what is actually developed and released. It is a difficult balance for sure.

Honestly, I don't mind the child not recognizing Inari's existence, as Inari is a spiritual deity that the mortal child wouldn't be able to see anyway. The child is magically gifted to the couple to be raised by you. Inari has no parenting involvement that I have read, so the child really has no interaction with them.

I was hoping that Woofio/Stephanie would be challenge candidates where you have to complete X number of requirements before they are available for marriage such as ship one of everything, have a certain farm degree, and so on. If they're just standard candidates, then it makes them a bit less special to me.


How is it not laziness? Marriage was more interesting in an older game than now, supposedly when the core of the game wasn't marriage. Seems pretty simple to me, if the core is now supposedly the social aspect you'd think that aspect would improve, not become worse. The series, from recent games I've played, feels pretty empty as if it has no soul anymore. :/ It's a shame.
 
 
Anonymous Fish
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 03, 2016 10:28 am 
Anonymous Fish

Maybe core is the wrong word, I'm just saying if they're now trying to focus more on the social aspect because of all these girl gamers, you'd think the social aspect/marriage life would actually...you know...improve. They try so little with child content.
 
 
Ronin19
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 03, 2016 11:09 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 5562

Offline
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Cherubae wrote:
Keep in mind that the series is not solely a marriage and child simulator. It was a farming simulation game followed by a social interaction experience with villagers, etc., which included the marriage aspect. The game series has evolved and is less about farming, which seems now to be just a way to earn money or complete in-game achievements, and more about the social factor. With most of its vocal userbase being female, I would expect that at some point it will become more about marriage/child/fashion/etc. and less about its classic core.

It isn't a matter of "laziness" or anything similar; in my opinion, it is a detachment between what its gender-majority userbase expect the game to be and what is actually developed and released. It is a difficult balance for sure.

Honestly, I don't mind the child not recognizing Inari's existence, as Inari is a spiritual deity that the mortal child wouldn't be able to see anyway. The child is magically gifted to the couple to be raised by you. Inari has no parenting involvement that I have read, so the child really has no interaction with them.

I was hoping that Woofio/Stephanie would be challenge candidates where you have to complete X number of requirements before they are available for marriage such as ship one of everything, have a certain farm degree, and so on. If they're just standard candidates, then it makes them a bit less special to me.


How is it not laziness? Marriage was more interesting in an older game than now, supposedly when the core of the game wasn't marriage. Seems pretty simple to me, if the core is now supposedly the social aspect you'd think that aspect would improve, not become worse. The series, from recent games I've played, feels pretty empty as if it has no soul anymore. :/ It's a shame.

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Maybe core is the wrong word, I'm just saying if they're now trying to focus more on the social aspect because of all these girl gamers, you'd think the social aspect/marriage life would actually...you know...improve. They try so little with child content.

I think they're improving on the social aspects of the series because it's one of the core features this game has along with farming. You have to admit that the social aspects have improved since previous entries of the series, and I'm not talking about ANB or GrB; more like SNES, BTN or 64.

I'm not a girl, but I love the social aspects of the games; it and farming are why I love the Bokujou Monogatari games. If I want a game focuesed solely on farming I'd get one of the Farming Simulator games. Social interactions aren't just targeted towards girls; that's like saying only guys are interested in CoD, FF or any violent games
 
 
Anonymous Fish
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 03, 2016 12:12 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Ronin19 wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Cherubae wrote:
Keep in mind that the series is not solely a marriage and child simulator. It was a farming simulation game followed by a social interaction experience with villagers, etc., which included the marriage aspect. The game series has evolved and is less about farming, which seems now to be just a way to earn money or complete in-game achievements, and more about the social factor. With most of its vocal userbase being female, I would expect that at some point it will become more about marriage/child/fashion/etc. and less about its classic core.

It isn't a matter of "laziness" or anything similar; in my opinion, it is a detachment between what its gender-majority userbase expect the game to be and what is actually developed and released. It is a difficult balance for sure.

Honestly, I don't mind the child not recognizing Inari's existence, as Inari is a spiritual deity that the mortal child wouldn't be able to see anyway. The child is magically gifted to the couple to be raised by you. Inari has no parenting involvement that I have read, so the child really has no interaction with them.

I was hoping that Woofio/Stephanie would be challenge candidates where you have to complete X number of requirements before they are available for marriage such as ship one of everything, have a certain farm degree, and so on. If they're just standard candidates, then it makes them a bit less special to me.


How is it not laziness? Marriage was more interesting in an older game than now, supposedly when the core of the game wasn't marriage. Seems pretty simple to me, if the core is now supposedly the social aspect you'd think that aspect would improve, not become worse. The series, from recent games I've played, feels pretty empty as if it has no soul anymore. :/ It's a shame.

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Maybe core is the wrong word, I'm just saying if they're now trying to focus more on the social aspect because of all these girl gamers, you'd think the social aspect/marriage life would actually...you know...improve. They try so little with child content.

I think they're improving on the social aspects of the series because it's one of the core features this game has along with farming. You have to admit that the social aspects have improved since previous entries of the series, and I'm not talking about ANB or GrB; more like SNES, BTN or 64.

I'm not a girl, but I love the social aspects of the games; it and farming are why I love the Bokujou Monogatari games. If I want a game focuesed solely on farming I'd get one of the Farming Simulator games. Social interactions aren't just targeted towards girls; that's like saying only guys are interested in CoD, FF or any violent games


That's the thing, rather than improved I think the social aspect has gotten even more shallow. Quality over quantity is what I want.
 
 
Shan O 123
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 03, 2016 12:21 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 6653

Offline
Actually I think it has gotten better with the extra events.
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next


All times are UTC - 8 hours


 

Search this topic:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group