European Localization?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Karry
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Sorry if this has already been answered a few times, I know there currently isn't really much, if any, information on the European localization, but does anyone know who's probably gonna localize it, and so who to follow for updates on the European localization? I thought it was RSG, but according to Wikipedia, NoE localized the last SoS game, and I know they switched to Marvelous NA for the NA release. Does anyone have any idea about this?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

RSG is publishing Skytree Village so not them. SoS was done by NOE and was announced way after the NA launch. Maybe next year?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Long story short: There is no information on Trio of Towns coming out in Europe, yet.

At the very least, I haven't been able to find even a scrap of information on it. Nintendo of Europe does seem the most likely entity to inquire of, as to the possibility. If the company cares at all about it being a 20th anniversary game, then it'll be out in EU in 2018, but I honestly don't know if they give a hoot about the whole anniversary thing.
Karry
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Alright, thank you!

Gosh, I hope they'll still release it in 2017, rather than 2018. Yes, I guess that's when the first HM game was localized for Europe, but then you have other series being released everywhere at the same time, and it's sort of depressing as a HM/SoS fan...
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't know if the anniversary matters to any but the originator. If they're going to make a big deal of it being the 20th anniversary game then I'd say they wouldn't release it until 2018, but if they don't want to make a deal out of it, I see no reason for it to matter. I'm not even sure if XSEED has mentioned '20th anniversary' when talking about Trio, yet. They made a big deal of it in Japan, but that doesn't mean they will anywhere else. I can't remember if it's come up.

I know it's possible for other producers to buy the rights to a localization done by another company and then simply release that version to their own area, so I suppose it's possible for the game to be released in EU almost any time after XSEED is finished, if they made a deal with XSEED.

I'll cross my fingers for you and the rest of the EU, Karry. I always feel sorry seeing the EU dates come out so long after we get ours. It seems so unnecessary. But...does a game released to the EU need to have more than English language options? If it does, that probably takes them all the extra time...
Karry
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

It doesn't have to be in English, which is what they did with ANB. However, if it isn't in other languages, then it won't be as popular anywhere except the UK, so then they only sell it in the UK and through UK sites.
FuranSuwa
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Story of Seasons 1 one localized in multiple languages. I played it in French, and it was really good, better than the games before. The problem is most of the fans don't know the game changed its name, since it is not very popular there was almost no news about it on games websites. And many bought HM Lost Valley, and were disappointed (the translation was very bad)

I hope they will localize SoS ToT the same way as SoS. And maybe we'll have it late 2017 ? But 2018 is more probable.