The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 19, 2020 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

MintyMint
Post Posted: Feb 21, 2017 5:34 pm 
Anonymous Fish

For those of you that imported, got any tips for those who will be getting the game next week? (Resources to save, easy gifts to give to candidates, etc.)

I remember not saving certain forage items in ANB and not being able to complete the two renovation solely because I didn't save enough flowers or something. :roll:

Blademaster_Aio
Post Posted: Feb 21, 2017 5:38 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

I read on tumblr that you should save Thyme (found in Westown).

Mecha-Lollipop
Post Posted: Feb 21, 2017 5:45 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Invest in animal treats. I make so much money from my animals that I don't even have to grow crops unless I want to or for winning festivals.
Also don't forget to work on increasing town ranks. You unlock a lot that way.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Feb 21, 2017 6:10 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

We don't have to save say.....5 Turnip seeds for certain buildings do we? Yeah I'm looking at you seed maker.

Mecha-Lollipop
Post Posted: Feb 21, 2017 6:22 pm 

Shan O 123 wrote:
We don't have to save say.....5 Turnip seeds for certain buildings do we? Yeah I'm looking at you seed maker.

Not that I can recall.

cinnamon_yuki
Post Posted: Feb 21, 2017 8:29 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Mecha-Lollipop wrote:
Invest in animal treats. I make so much money from my animals that I don't even have to grow crops unless I want to or for winning festivals.
Also don't forget to work on increasing town ranks. You unlock a lot that way.

Based from my previous games, I usually have more crops than livestocks since it's less time consuming. XD
Is it easier to take care of live stocks this time around?

Nurse Fin
Post Posted: Feb 21, 2017 8:40 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Save 15 vanilla and try to get some coconuts from the fruit festival if you can.

Mecha-Lollipop
Post Posted: Feb 21, 2017 9:46 pm 

cinnamon_yuki wrote:
Based from my previous games, I usually have more crops than livestocks since it's less time consuming. XD
Is it easier to take care of live stocks this time around?

I find it to be easier. Mainly because it's quite easy to raise the number of products produced in livestock and the milk and wool go directly to your inventory. I tend to care for all my livestock (9 animals total) then fertilize my trees and water my crops and still have time to talk to everyone. If I did more with crops it might be a bit of a pinch but I put a majority of my focus into trees for crops so it saves time.
Clearing things like boulders and trees is super time consuming and takes a lot of stamina until you upgrade your tools though so keep that in mind when planning crops.

Arcy
Post Posted: Feb 21, 2017 10:06 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I've heard to save: Vanilla, Thyme, Butterbur Sprouts, and Cactus. I think the final two are optional but nice (they're for Power Circle items?).

I'm glad that Coconuts knowledge is being spread far and wide too. It almost seems like a programming check present in BokuMono games.

If game = coconuts THEN
HOARD coconuts

:lol:

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 2:38 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I hoard everything anyway. It's probably why I end up making money really slowly for the first year...I never sell anything that I don't have to sell to meet a job/requirement/etc, I just keep it all.

If you aren't interested in the Wizard exterior or interior then this does not apply to you, but...

A lot of people seem to have the Wizard house exterior as a favourite, and if anyone wants that, I'd suggest hoarding Ellie Grass and Sage Stones (I suspect this is the 'Philosopher's Stone' from SoS), since both are rare and are required for that exterior. You can use a pet with a treasure-hunting ability at Level 7 to find Ellie Grass in the Lulukoko kitchen area, apparently. Philosopher's stones are the rarest metal drop according to talesofthreetowns, but by the time you get to choosing a final house style you'll probably have collected enough of them naturally anyway...as long as you kept them.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also for the Wizard house if you want it...between interior and exterior if you like a matching set it requires 97 moonstones, which are not as rare as sage stones but still...97 of them. o.o And you can't buy moonstone or philosopher's stone from anywhere...you can only either mine them, or chance into winning them from a festival.

EDIT 2: Ugh, this Wizard house...just saw that the poison mushrooms that it requires are also a very rare foraging item. They are so uncommon that talesofthreetowns said that in Year 3, not one had yet been spotted in the wild in that game file...but you can get them from a pet who has a 'collecting various stuff' skill. I'm going to assume that means their skill is 'foraging'.

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 10:15 am 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Generally, hang onto decent amounts of any forage only items. Minerals you can't buy (like glittering stone and the like) should be kept, same as other BM games.

Early on, you'll want to hang onto 5 topaz and 2 rubies. But these aren't seasonal, so if you derp and sell them by mistake, it'll probably only hold you up a day or two. Or you can savescum for them, but honestly...game is pretty generous with them.

Upgrading your hammer ASAP is helpful for farm clearing and to get access to more mining for free goods.

And yeah, though they seem expensive, don't skimp on the animal food and treats. Better quality/more products will pay for itself fast enough. Though I'd also recommend having a plot or two of grass for the early game "I'm broke"s.

For those of you who still feel the burn from the limited fertilizers and lumber in SOS (WHY? WHY? WHYYYYYYY?), be at ease. Some of the highest level stuff is forage only, but your base lumber, stone, most minerals etc will be easily buyable. YAAAAAAY. (Game logic nitpick: if we're mining out already cut gems, coins, and bricks...is it mining or is it actually bank robbery? Just saying.)

ETA: one of the early makers you'll want to have calls for 20 milk as well--hoarding your early milk means giving up money you need desperately at the beginning of the game, but using your later leveled milk means sacrificing a more valuable item. Something to keep in mind, adapt as you will to your favored playstyle :).

Moon-Cookie
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 11:42 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

So...We're supposed to save Coconuts I think? :lol: I've seen it mentioned like every time someone asks if we need to hoard things. Thyme is good to know too.

I was planning to go with the rich personality trait just to have a little extra money the first few game months so I could hoard some milks and gems etc.

I really do like the Wizard exterior (with a country style inside, lol) It's going to be a save-scum of a time to get all those materials. Plus training up some pets to find me those dang mushrooms. They always have to make the really pretty ones the hardest to get.

I've heard that animal treats are worth it from multiple blogs, if I'm not mistaken, you can get your animals to make up to twenty of an item if you do it right. That's amazing! With being able to sub in plus items for normal as well, it is going to be such a boon.

Celestrian
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 12:20 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I thought about making a thread like this. Now I don't have to. Yay! Ha ha.

But yeah I'll have to remember these and any other tips that you all have. Now Im even more excited for this game!

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 12:39 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Kikki wrote:

EDIT: Oh yeah, also for the Wizard house if you want it...between interior and exterior if you like a matching set it requires 97 moonstones, which are not as rare as sage stones but still...97 of them. o.o And you can't buy moonstone or philosopher's stone from anywhere...you can only either mine them, or chance into winning them from a festival.

EDIT 2: Ugh, this Wizard house...just saw that the poison mushrooms that it requires are also a very rare foraging item. They are so uncommon that talesofthreetowns said that in Year 3, not one had yet been spotted in the wild in that game file...but you can get them from a pet who has a 'collecting various stuff' skill. I'm going to assume that means their skill is 'foraging'.

I think moonstones show up fairly commonly (unlike in STV...*grumbles*); though 97 is a LOT of them.

As for the poison mushrooms...yeah, I don't recall seeing one BUT I think they are on the list of the seedmaker, so you really only need to get a hold of one. If they are that rare, I'll have to try to remember to make them a gift item if I use the multiplayer.

Arcy
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 1:20 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

irulethegalaxy wrote:
As for the poison mushrooms...yeah, I don't recall seeing one BUT I think they are on the list of the seedmaker, so you really only need to get a hold of one. If they are that rare, I'll have to try to remember to make them a gift item if I use the multiplayer.

Unless XSEED got the dev team to include it in the NA version, you can't process them through the Seed Maker. According to that datamined list anyway. *points at second link in sig*