* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 19, 2020 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 1:24 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Well...none of the stuff I mentioned matters at all unless you're going for the Wizard house interior or exterior. But so many people love the Wizard style that I figured those items were worth mentioning :)

Aw. They had poison mushroom as an item you could turn into seeds in the Japanese version but they deliberately took it out of the English version? Why? Or was that just a misunderstanding and they never could be?

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 1:34 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Poison Mushroom [b]has always been a forage only item[/b] and not cultivable. It's not tradeable either, just like the most precious gems and King Fish.

You can get 10 of them as reward in Westown & Lulukoko DLC event, but considering we don't even know if we'd ever get that event in english, then your best bet is only getting it with the help of your pet.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 2:33 pm 
Anonymous Fish

[quote="Anonymous Fish"]Poison Mushroom [b]has always been a forage only item[/b] and not cultivable. It's not tradeable either, just like the most precious gems and King Fish.

You can get 10 of them as reward in Westown & Lulukoko DLC event, but considering we don't even know if we'd ever get that event in english, then your best bet is only getting it with the help of your pet.[/quote]

I'd have to check my copy of 3oT, but you could cultivate poison mushrooms in both ANB and SOS once you found a wild one growing. I just...I guess seeded is the correct term...a log in SOS with poison mushroom seeds I made today. I am FAIRLY certain that I did see them in the seed menu in 3oT as well, but I wouldn't swear by it.

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 2:37 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Arcy wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:
As for the poison mushrooms...yeah, I don't recall seeing one BUT I think they are on the list of the seedmaker, so you really only need to get a hold of one. If they are that rare, I'll have to try to remember to make them a gift item if I use the multiplayer.

Unless XSEED got the dev team to include it in the NA version, you can't process them through the Seed Maker. According to that datamined list anyway. *points at second link in sig*

I thought I saw them there, but I could quite frankly be wrong on that. I know for a fact you can in both ANB and SOS. Weird that they would change that in 30T.

*grumbles* Why is it that whenever I want to check my copy of the game it's at home? Because I NEVER remember to actually look when I have it. Okay, I know why, it's because I've totally stopped playing with the English release less than a week away (!!!!!) at this point, but...dangit.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 2:45 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Or we can always consult wiki, and here are two pages about mushrooms and seed making. Poison mushroom is not included there. Also, poison mushroom is written as doku kinoko, so please do not confuse it with the mushroom written in katakana there.

http://wikiwiki.jp/boku3sato/?%A4%AD%A4%CE%A4%B3%BA%CF%C7%DD

http://wikiwiki.jp/boku3sato/?%B3%C6%BC%EF%A5%E1%A1%BC%A5%AB%A1%BC#q7b07f2a

Poison mushroom belongs to the Diverse/Etc/Other category in this game, rather than the Crops category like previous titles. That is also why a pet with diverse forage skill can bring them home.

AllisAurora
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 4:00 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

irulethegalaxy wrote:
ETA: one of the early makers you'll want to have calls for 20 milk as well--hoarding your early milk means giving up money you need desperately at the beginning of the game, but using your later leveled milk means sacrificing a more valuable item. Something to keep in mind, adapt as you will to your favored playstyle :).

Thank you for this bit of information about the milk. I usually sell it right off the bat, but I might hoard it this time, if I can (don't know how long it takes to get a refrigerator, and I don't want to take up necessary space in my rucksack.) I'd rather not use higher quality milk in a blueprint item and make a profit instead.

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 4:06 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

AllisAurora wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:
ETA: one of the early makers you'll want to have calls for 20 milk as well--hoarding your early milk means giving up money you need desperately at the beginning of the game, but using your later leveled milk means sacrificing a more valuable item. Something to keep in mind, adapt as you will to your favored playstyle :).

Thank you for this bit of information about the milk. I usually sell it right off the bat, but I might hoard it this time, if I can (don't know how long it takes to get a refrigerator, and I don't want to take up necessary space in my rucksack.) I'd rather not use higher quality milk in a blueprint item and make a profit instead.

FWIW, early storage space seems pretty generous. Your bag is a decent size, and you have storage in your house as well. I actually haven't gotten a fridge yet (if it exists--it probably does, I only have the first house upgrade so I could access the closet and kitchen), but I haven't needed it as the house storage seems to be general storage for everything. It honestly took a couple seasons before I had to weed through my hoard of items to make more space. So you should be pretty okay. And if you're just hoarding it for the maker, you can always merge the quality stack. I think that is still a feature.

WeirdRG
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 4:13 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Knowing that there's generous storage early on is such a relief :) Also very glad this thread exists, cause I'm definitely bookmarking it :wink:

AllisAurora
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 4:15 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

irulethegalaxy wrote:
AllisAurora wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:

FWIW, early storage space seems pretty generous. Your bag is a decent size, and you have storage in your house as well. I actually haven't gotten a fridge yet (if it exists--it probably does, I only have the first house upgrade so I could access the closet and kitchen), but I haven't needed it as the house storage seems to be general storage for everything. It honestly took a couple seasons before I had to weed through my hoard of items to make more space. So you should be pretty okay. And if you're just hoarding it for the maker, you can always merge the quality stack. I think that is still a feature.

Ah, this helps a lot. Some BM games were stingy with storage, so it always frustrated me (Tale of Two Towns is one that comes to mind)

hanajimaismycat
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 4:23 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

For some reason, I think there is maybe not a fridge in this game as wouldn't it be included in the kitchen? I thought I read somewhere that the storage system is greatly simplified in this as opposed to my 2 fridges/storage/toolboxes of SoS?