The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 19, 2020 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 9:02 am 
Anonymous Fish

Hi everyone! Sorry if this topic has been done before, I tried to scan through a few pages to check, but I got lost in a sea of threads. I thought it would be fun to share our "wishlists" in regards to pets, clothing, and decor. I know my ideas will probably NEVER happen (due to copyrights, licensing, etc.), but I still think it would be fun!

How about this? Luna the cat from Sailor Moon (with a Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask outfit for the MC)!

And I'd absolutely love a horse that looked like Epona with a matching Link tunic and Zelda dress for our characters. Oooh... Maybe even a miniature Hyrule Castle for the house?

I'm going off on a limb here, but I'd totally love a dog that looks like Amaterasu from Okami (such a beautiful and unique game).

And while I'm content with the Super Mario collaboration they did, I'm a little sad about no Yoshi. I can't really picture our MC riding around on a Yoshi, but wouldn't it be cute to have a baby Yoshi for a special pet? It's too bad they couldn't do a Super Mario themed house as well, but we'll take what we can get, right? (Fingers crossed for the DLC with Frey and Lest outfits).

Oh! What about Halloween outfits? But... the Japanese don't celebrate Halloween... Maybe it could be for Westown?

Does anyone else have any wishlists? I'd love to hear them.

Lenna36
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 12:26 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

I think you're good. There's one on crops, but not pets. Well, none that I could find.

Yoshi's a good idea. They could be a mount and egg producer. I like animals that have double duty.

For pets, I really want an Australian Cattle Dog. They're one of my favorite breeds.

For farm decor, automatic sprinkler. Though in between the plus product adjustment and the fields being closer, I should have time to water all my crops this game. I would like a livestock wash station instead of brushing. Maybe have each wash last a season. I'm not a big fan of brushing digital animals.

For clothes, I want to be able to choose the color for the starting outfit. Why did it have to be orange? :(

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 1:04 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

For those of us who are lovers of mixed breed instead of purebred animals, I'd love to see a bit of a pet customizer. Choose a size, fur type, and from one of several different coloring variations. However, I second Lenna36's cattle dog suggestion. I mean...honestly. Makes more sense than a chihuahua, right?

(before anyone riots, my current dog is a chihuahua mix, and I honestly can't see him being anything other than the local nuisance egg thief dog in a HM game LOL)

For clothing, it'd be nice if we got to start with more than one outfit, or choose from a few different ones at the beginning of the game. I honestly really hate the default girl outfit >_< (actually, I don't really like most of the clothes in the game; but that's probably a me thing).

And this is a nitpick, but I really wish your avatar marker would match your in-game appearance. "Who is that blonde chick in the stupid haa----oh, wait, that's me." Even though my in-game character has blue hair, a totally different hairstyle, different face, and burned the hat in a fire. This has honestly bugged me since ANB, and it seems like it wouldn't be THAT hard to program in a map marker that matched the customized appearance. Or instead change it to a symbol like an arrow.

Also, I'd love irrigation trenches and ostriches to return. I don't want a horse. Let me ride an ostrich that also lays eggs.

ETA because I forgot one: It'd be nice if after marriage you could choose what your spouse (and later children) wear. Not like a thousand varieties or anything, but a choice of 2-3 outfits. And this goes back to my earlier thing, but an option to make them remove hats. What is her name, Komari? The waitress girl? She's so cute, but I hate the waitress outfit. I know, it's nitpicking

Lenna36
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 1:34 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

irulethegalaxy wrote:
For those of us who are lovers of mixed breed instead of purebred animals, I'd love to see a bit of a pet customizer. Choose a size, fur type, and from one of several different coloring variations. However, I second Lenna36's cattle dog suggestion. I mean...honestly. Makes more sense than a chihuahua, right?

(before anyone riots, my current dog is a chihuahua mix, and I honestly can't see him being anything other than the local nuisance egg thief dog in a HM game LOL)

For clothing, it'd be nice if we got to start with more than one outfit, or choose from a few different ones at the beginning of the game. I honestly really hate the default girl outfit >_< (actually, I don't really like most of the clothes in the game; but that's probably a me thing).

And this is a nitpick, but I really wish your avatar marker would match your in-game appearance. "Who is that blonde chick in the stupid haa----oh, wait, that's me." Even though my in-game character has blue hair, a totally different hairstyle, different face, and burned the hat in a fire. This has honestly bugged me since ANB, and it seems like it wouldn't be THAT hard to program in a map marker that matched the customized appearance. Or instead change it to a symbol like an arrow.

Also, I'd love irrigation trenches and ostriches to return. I don't want a horse. Let me ride an ostrich that also lays eggs.

I thought I would see you here. :)

Mixes are a good idea. I prefer them over purebreds in real life as well. The pet customizer would be even more interesting. I would probably add skill as one of the options to choose.

I second the map symbol. Maybe add an option to choose which arrow and color. Then throw a hat burning party. :lol:

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 2:02 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm really happy with the clothes in this game so far. If I could have what I wanted, I'd make the boy's body especially a bit of a different shape. (He has a wide waist and big hips with a weeny chest and tiny shoulders...it's very odd. It's cute in a way, yet really weird, lol.) I'd love to be able to customize body shape. Not in tiny detail but just basic shape alteration. Though the girl's body is good enough as it is, imo.

Can I include faces and hair sort of as a part of clothing? The hair is good in this game, too, but I'd like more 'make-up' faces. There's only one face with what I see as make-up. (I don't think of the ones with streaks on the cheek as make-up but more like war paint or tribal markings or something.) I can't wear make-up any more irl but I'd like to do so in the game, lol, and change it up as I pleased. The 'make-up' look makes me feel free to change faces since make-up can make you look really different. Otherwise I won't ever change faces after I select one in the beginning as it disassociated me from the feeling that my MC is a real character in the game rather than just a customizable tool that I can control to take part in the game. (Which is what the MC IS, but I like to think of him/her as a real person, a character like any of the others, and they don't suddenly change their face or etc, so...well, I just don't do it for that reason.)

I'm glad we got one make-up face, though. I won't mind my feMC wearing it once in a while if I get tired of what I select at the start. :)

Oh hey...it'd be nice if the other characters (Wayne, Collin, Frank, etc) could change their clothes in the game, at least by season. :) These are just fanciful, unimportant 'if I could have anything' wishes, though, not anything I actually think it'd be reasonable to ask for, lol.

modernmorphling
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 2:06 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

For the clothing and house décor, I'm hoping for most to everything having a lot of Blue or Maritime/Nautical themed items.

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 2:42 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

modernmorphling wrote:
For the clothing and house décor, I'm hoping for most to everything having a lot of Blue or Maritime/Nautical themed items.

Spoiler if you don't want to see anything, but: http://talesofthreetowns.tumblr.com/pos ... ea-mansion

WeirdRG
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 2:54 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Kikki wrote:
Oh hey...it'd be nice if the other characters (Wayne, Collin, Frank, etc) could change their clothes in the game, at least by season. :)

The villagers changing outfits from Spring/Summer to Fall/Winter in ToT and AP has always been one of my fav minor details, and it's really too bad that it's not in more games.

Lenna36
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 3:12 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

WeirdRG wrote:
Kikki wrote:
Oh hey...it'd be nice if the other characters (Wayne, Collin, Frank, etc) could change their clothes in the game, at least by season. :)

The villagers changing outfits from Spring/Summer to Fall/Winter in ToT and AP has always been one of my fav minor details, and it's really too bad that it's not in more games.

I agree with both of you. Although ToT and AP didn't have to worry about portraits. Still it would have been nice to see the seasonal clothes again.

AllisAurora
Post Posted: Feb 22, 2017 3:34 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Lenna36 wrote:
For pets, I really want an Australian Cattle Dog. They're one of my favorite breeds.

Yes!!! I want this! My dog in real is an Australian Cattle Dog (Blue heeler variety, but I wouldn't mind if they put in the Red heeler) ACDs are herding dogs, and they are bred specifically to herd cattle and the like, so it makes sense to have them in the game!

OctavieKnite88
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 2:49 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

I wish they had put Pomeranians and Aussies in. Of course I also wish the animals looked less weird...they just look odd. The eyes and foreheads maybe? I also wish we could have owls, foxes and pigs as pets. In magical melody and SI you could have them (pigs I mean). I miss my teleporting owl...

In DS cute the candidates outfits would change colors daily, and in AP/ToT they had seasonal outfits. I wish they would implement this. Or at least let you choose your child's outfit.

Celestrian
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 2:51 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

AllisAurora wrote:
Lenna36 wrote:

Yes!!! I want this! My dog in real is an Australian Cattle Dog (Blue heeler variety, but I wouldn't mind if they put in the Red heeler) ACDs are herding dogs, and they are bred specifically to herd cattle and the like, so it makes sense to have them in the game!

Ooh, those are among the most beautiful dogs on earth! I'd totally get one! :heart:

gekkouga
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 3:29 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Is a samoyed one of the dog breeds available? I would love to have a samoyed.

Sailor scout outfits would be adorable. I would love to run around as Jupiter. Or even just princess serenity.

HlaineL
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 5:20 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Seasonal villager clothing and post-marriage spouse clothing all sound like potentially viable things I'd love to see in future games.

Alexaius
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 6:20 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

For pets I'd really love some more unorthadox ones. I love dogs and cats but it would be cool to have some more variety, owl, fox, hedgehog and ferrets are a few I'd love off the top of my head.