Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 19, 2020 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
princesszelda
  Post subject: Re: Is your MC 'you'?
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 9:32 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I guess she is sort of a "fantasy me." I tend to keep the hair colour, eyes and facial expression accurate to me, but some of the hairstyles and outfits that I have my character wear, I would never, ever wear myself.

Taya3211
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 10:15 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I always self-insert for the first file, but the second file is always an OC.

imnotabanana
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 2:14 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Not actually 'me' but some what like an OC to me. I usually make 'myself' with the blonde hair color and blue eyes.
I also switch between 'Nana' and 'Nagisa' as my names in most games.

PeachyKeen
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 2:19 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

they're not me, but rather just someone i project my farm life onto and identify as me within the game if that makes sense?

i never stick with a certain name either. my irl name doesn't fit in the character limit, so i can't name the character after myself anyway

Delverite
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 3:12 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

The only time I felt like I was the MC was mystic messenger as I giggled in the corner flirting with Korean anime boys.

Previous Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons MCs were named after the children I do not have yet. The only personal opinion I seem to apply to is who they marry like a bad parent if I see dialogue I dislike. Some characters do seem rude to me and those are out of the question.

Slowpoke
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 3:39 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

For ANB and SoS I have named my character Maria so I probably will do that again haha

I do like to create a back story with my characters but I cant remember what the OG Maria's was lol

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 3:43 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

My farmer is definitely not me. I am far too lazy, and I can't keep a plant alive to save my life.

Chrom
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 5:00 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Nah. I always feel uncomfortable inserting myself in games, especially farming games. Usually I go with my internet alias, but for games like these, I like to make OCs (can't wait for the OC thread to come back :P).

Hazysummerskies
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 5:21 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I've named my farmer after myself fairly often in the past.

In Story of Seasons though, I named my farmer Holly, which is apparently the localized default name on Trio of Towns, funny how that goes. I'm not planning on using Holly again anyway, as my character for her was designed for Mistel, but I'm in the process of deciding a name for my farmer now. I do know that I'm not planning to name her after myself.

Ida
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 5:51 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yep. Named Ida and has brown hair and brown eyes. My farm name is my last name~

Iri
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 8:49 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

PokeFarmer wrote:
Am I the only one that doesn't find it weird to put your own name? I feel so alone... :(
Joking aside, I always name my first file by my real name, then the 2nd after the MC. If the name was too big I'd shorten it (Lillian -> Lilly).

I don't either. I'd really prefer to self-insert, actually!

But it's a little bit difficult to do that when you're a guy playing as a girl primarily to romance guys. I could kinda get away with it in Story of Seasons, since the Stamina meter was generic and dialogue didn't call quite as much attention to it, but this game seems a lot more determined to remind the player that no matter how they want to look they're actually the default blonde girl seen on both screens at all times. So I think I'm going to have to give up the illusion in this game and just play as the default MC, heh.

Ida
Post Posted: Mar 01, 2017 12:17 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Iri wrote:
PokeFarmer wrote:
Am I the only one that doesn't find it weird to put your own name? I feel so alone... :(
Joking aside, I always name my first file by my real name, then the 2nd after the MC. If the name was too big I'd shorten it (Lillian -> Lilly).

But it's a little bit difficult to do that when you're a guy playing as a girl primarily to romance guys. I could kinda get away with it in Story of Seasons, since the Stamina meter was generic and dialogue didn't call quite as much attention to it, but this game seems a lot more determined to remind the player that no matter how they want to look they're actually the default blonde girl seen on both screens at all times. So I think I'm going to have to give up the illusion in this game and just play as the default MC, heh.

Yeah I'm actually not a fan of the blonde hair blue eyed photo because my character doesn't look like that and I have to constantly go "Ooooh, right, that's me!" I wish they had the avatar change according to how you customize your character.

princesszelda
Post Posted: Mar 01, 2017 1:10 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Ida wrote:
Iri wrote:
PokeFarmer wrote:

Yeah I'm actually not a fan of the blonde hair blue eyed photo because my character doesn't look like that and I have to constantly go "Ooooh, right, that's me!" I wish they had the avatar change according to how you customize your character.

I really, really wish this as well. Or just no avatar. My MC looks nothing like the blonde hair, blue eyed avatar. IDK why it bothers me so much, but it does.

I never use my name IRL because it rarely fits (Courtney), so I tend to use my typical online persona (Dove).

GoldFish
Post Posted: Mar 01, 2017 1:36 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Partially. I think she's idealized. Also I don't have purple eyes. :bunny:

The blonde avatar looks like a chipmunk kinda on the map and it amuses me.

AmaaDivine
Post Posted: Mar 01, 2017 1:53 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Well considering the MC's mother shares my name, except I have two R's instead of one, I guess i'll have to go with another name. Also, I don't think I'd pretty cool looking, as I just have brown pixie hair cut. I guess I mean I could wear a dress, as I do like lolita dresses.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next