does livestock need to see the light of day?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Tabby935
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

so maybe this is a cruel question, lol. But i usually never let my animals outside in order to save time. Can I do that in this game too? Or is this going to have majorly negative results? Also, do the pets and horse have a limited life span, or do they never die? Thanks in advance! :)
Ladyjovia
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

i've read somewhere the pets don't have a lifespan so forever... but dunno

i do know the livestock like cow and sheep have a lifespan from xseed answering questions while streaming... as for the light of day i dunno, but the horse i best is forever since most games are like that with a horse
ConfusedBlonde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They can survive inside long enough for you to get a dog and train it to take them out. Their stress will build up slightly while inside, but it never got high enough for me at least to get them sick. Just keep an eye on it, and if they really seem to be getting stressed, just push them outside for a day to reset their stress levels.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I do the same thing with my animals except for AP because in AP I could just easily call them back in. FomT/MfomT is the only game I know of that has a lifespan for livestock.
ConfusedBlonde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Celestrian wrote:I do the same thing with my animals except for AP because in AP I could just easily call them back in. FomT/MfomT is the only game I know of that has a lifespan for livestock.
livestock have a limited lifespan in all of the games as far as I'm aware, but I think OP just meant pets.

Tbh i'm not sure about the pet thing. I mean, I would assume they live forever? Pets have never died in past games, I don't see why they would now.
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

In a year I haven't taken any of my animals out at all. None are stressed or have ever gotten sick. Though I think their friendship raises faster when you herd them outside. To me it wasn't worth the time and I had plenty of money so just used treats.
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

Kind of off topic, but does anyone know if villagers lose friendship points if an animal dies in this game? I recall playing HMDS recently, and a couple animals died of sickness from a typhoon. Long story short, I ended up dropping a heart color with some bachelorettes, so I hope this annoying feature didn't carry over to 3oT.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I keep my animals locked in the dungeon forever... and they LIKE it. fwiw I've had cows for 4 game years that were never let out.

I don't see how there's any point in letting animals out in this game which is why the barns (that only hold 4 animals) taking up 9 spaces is so annoying.
Nurylon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

If they don't *gain* stress for being outside, then my train of thought is... barring friendship, that the only reason it'd be convenient to herd them outside is so that you can take care of all your animals on one screen, instead of having to load into a billion areas to take care of them. Esp since the products don't hop into the great beyond and they won't be all crowded and horrible together.
I read in one place that they actually gain stress if they're put outside more than every other day, but I don't remember the source, and hope that's not the case because that'd be stupid.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I always leave my animals inside in past games (besides ToTT) because I don't see the point of it. It took forever.

Edit, 5000th post.
Blademaster_Aio
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote:Kind of off topic, but does anyone know if villagers lose friendship points if an animal dies in this game? I recall playing HMDS recently, and a couple animals died of sickness from a typhoon. Long story short, I ended up dropping a heart color with some bachelorettes, so I hope this annoying feature didn't carry over to 3oT.
Actually, I think dying of sickness is bad in every game? You have animal medicine to cure it.

Dying of old age isn't.

Anyway, you can go out in typhoons now.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Blademaster_Aio wrote:
Anna_Lynn wrote:Kind of off topic, but does anyone know if villagers lose friendship points if an animal dies in this game? I recall playing HMDS recently, and a couple animals died of sickness from a typhoon. Long story short, I ended up dropping a heart color with some bachelorettes, so I hope this annoying feature didn't carry over to 3oT.
Actually, I think dying of sickness is bad in every game? You have animal medicine to cure it.

Dying of old age isn't.

Anyway, you can go out in typhoons now.
I think Neil actually scolds you for letting a animal die even though it's not my fault you idiot.
Ladyjovia
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

then maybe letting the animal out here and there helps it gain faster friendship/easier for a short time or something?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ladyjovia wrote:then maybe letting the animal out here and there helps it gain faster friendship/easier for a short time or something?
I'd say it's for friendship.
Ophelia11
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

do animals still have personality traits? If I remember correctly in SoS active animals gained hearts faster when they were outside and cowardly animals slower