Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 27, 2020 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
modernmorphling
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 4:59 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Okay, other than the characters of Stephanie and Woofio, what is the DLC of 3oT? Is there a page link that tells what all the DLC is?

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 5:02 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

You betcha, I asked about it once on tumblr and here's the reply post.

TehyaFaye
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 5:07 pm 
Anonymous Fish

The DLC will be available to purchase via the eShop, right? Definitely excited that they've decided to localize it - gonna buy all three for sure when they become available. :)

BKero
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 5:12 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

YESSSSSSS :!: xseed u done gr8

Can't wait to marry Woofio! That'll be a great incentive to use the Miracle trait :heart:

They did mention that they don't have a set price yet but honestly I don't care how much I have to pay to support them in this!

gossipstone
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 5:15 pm 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

TehyaFaye wrote:
The DLC will be available to purchase via the eShop, right? Definitely excited that they've decided to localize it - gonna buy all three for sure when they become available. :)

I've never bought DLC on the 3DS, but I'm assuming it'll be available in the eShop, and the main menu of the game may even pop up saying that DLC is available when it is. All the DLC I've bought on the Wii U has been through the eShop.

Anyway, I'm excited! I'll probably woo Inari now, though not in my first file. I'm mostly looking forward to the added events, like others have said.

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 5:20 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I wonder how they are going to deal with the Inari pronouns. I'd prefer 3rd person to he/she personally but I can see why others would not. They would be great.

Then again since I'm on the fence about Inari as I had to get all sad about the maybe no DLC I don't think I'm going after them first but Ford instead. :lol:

Mecha-Lollipop
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 5:22 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Woofio! :heart:
I'm pawsitive that we will have a punderful life together.
I wish we could give our spouse nicknames. I'd totally call him Pupper.
I'm actually extremely excited about Stephanie too. She seems really interesting.

gossipstone
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 5:23 pm 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

ChaosAzerothCat wrote:
I wonder how they are going to deal with the Inari pronouns. I'd prefer 3rd person to he/she personally but I can see why others would not. They would be great.

Then again since I'm on the fence about Inari as I had to get all sad about the maybe no DLC I don't think I'm going after them first but Ford instead. :lol:

From what they said in the newest localization blog, they tried to avoid pronouns altogether for the most part, but Inari will still refer to themself as your husband/wife, depending on your gender.

Last edited by gossipstone on Feb 24, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 5:30 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

modernmorphling wrote:
Okay, pardon my dumb question Will the NA 3oT game be released in 4 days with ALL the DLC included? I'd rather have a longer wait to buy a complete video game, than buy a incomplete game released on the promised due date.

FWIW, the game we are getting on Tuesday is the complete game as it was released in Japan (minus the Hamtaro). The DLC is just that--stuff that was added to the Japanese game LATER. They didn't get it on launch either. But the game is complete and great without it as well.

We don't know when the DLC will release--but it will not be out in 4 days. It probably will come out in a few months. There's a LOT of text. The DLC is basically equal to another whole game worth of dialogue, so it will take time.

Even if you aren't marrying one of the three affected candidates, the DLC added more text for characters, new scenes with your family, new events, a whole new puppet show play, etc etc.

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 5:32 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

gossipstone wrote:
TehyaFaye wrote:

I've never bought DLC on the 3DS, but I'm assuming it'll be available in the eShop, and the main menu of the game may even pop up saying that DLC is available when it is. All the DLC I've bought on the Wii U has been through the eShop.

Anyway, I'm excited! I'll probably woo Inari now, though not in my first file. I'm mostly looking forward to the added events, like others have said.

This is a good point. The DLC in Japan was not paid; so basically it just pushed to the system/game, which would prompt you to make the download. There is no in-game DLC store, so I am guessing we'll buy them as DLC packs in the eshop.

I imagine they'll iron all that out without too much difficulty.

JunkerFarmer
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 5:35 pm 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

modernmorphling wrote:
Okay, pardon my dumb question Will the NA 3oT game be released in 4 days with ALL the DLC included? I'd rather have a longer wait to buy a complete video game, than buy a incomplete game released on the promised due date.

The DLC is extra content that will not come at launch. It didn't even come at launch in Japan. The only difference is that ours will be paid, whereas Japan's was free, because XSeed is much smaller and not as rich as MAQL JP.

modernmorphling
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 5:38 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Okay thank you, so when you mentioned the 3 affected characters, did you mean Stephanie, Inari, and Woofio? How do I add the DLC to my game? Is that done through the 3DS wi fi?

Does the DLC for NA come with a payment cost?

Last edited by modernmorphling on Feb 24, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JunkerFarmer
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 5:39 pm 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

irulethegalaxy wrote:
gossipstone wrote:
TehyaFaye wrote:

This is a good point. The DLC in Japan was not paid; so basically it just pushed to the system/game, which would prompt you to make the download. There is no in-game DLC store, so I am guessing we'll buy them as DLC packs in the eshop.

I imagine they'll iron all that out without too much difficulty.

In Japan, it came in free updates, which I assume you could choose to download off the eShop OR from the Home menu, as in North America. In North America, if there isn't a DLC option on the main menu from the beginning, then they'll probably update it with one once the first pack is done and ready for release. At least, in all the games I've ever played with DLC (albeit only Nintendo games), there's been a DLC shop on the main menu (Etrian Odyssey, 7th Dragon III, Sm4sh Bros., FEif) or within the game itself (FE3DS).

Mecha-Lollipop
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 5:45 pm 

modernmorphling wrote:
Okay thank you, so when you mentioned the 3 affected characters, did you mean Stephanie, Inari, and Woofio? How do I add the DLC to my game? Is that done through the 3DS wi fi?

Does the DLC for NA come with a payment cost?

It's paid DLC but they haven't ironed out the cost yet. You would download it via wifi for your game.

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 24, 2017 5:46 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

JunkerFarmer wrote:
modernmorphling wrote:

The DLC is extra content that will not come at launch. It didn't even come at launch in Japan. The only difference is that ours will be paid, whereas Japan's was free, because XSeed is much smaller and not as rich as MAQL JP.

Also, games cost quite a bit more in Japan, so the Japanese players coughed up more cash. And Marvelous doesn't have to translate their stuff for their own audience.

All in all, it's utterly fair that it's paid for us; it brings us up to the same amount-ish spent for the same content, if Xseed charges about what they anticipated originally. Though I do sort of wonder why Marvelous doesn't help to foot the bill given that Xseed is their in-house localization team. Probably complicated reasons involving law and copyright and WHO CARES WE ARE GETTING THE DLC! LOL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next