Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

   * Search  * Register
It is currently May 10, 2021 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
Nurylon
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 1:22 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

User avatar
Posts: 517

Offline
Ophelia11 wrote:
do animals still have personality traits? If I remember correctly in SoS active animals gained hearts faster when they were outside and cowardly animals slower

They do; this is all from memory (I'll try and find the source in a bit) but there were 6~ or so personality traits and they were things like 'produces +5 more products' 'produces .5 stars more in products' 'gains friendship faster' etc. Similar to pet personalities, they come up in the shop when you're buying the animal, and you can probably exit and re-enter the shop menu to reset them until you get what you want instead of buying/reselling or savescumming.
 
Reply with quote  
Ophelia11
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 1:31 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

User avatar
Posts: 539

Offline
Nurylon wrote:
Ophelia11 wrote:
do animals still have personality traits? If I remember correctly in SoS active animals gained hearts faster when they were outside and cowardly animals slower

They do; this is all from memory (I'll try and find the source in a bit) but there were 6~ or so personality traits and they were things like 'produces +5 more products' 'produces .5 stars more in products' 'gains friendship faster' etc. Similar to pet personalities, they come up in the shop when you're buying the animal, and you can probably exit and re-enter the shop menu to reset them until you get what you want instead of buying/reselling or savescumming.


thanks :)

I found this on Thonky:
Timid: +5 to by-product yield
Lively: +5 to by-product level
Docile: +2 to coat
Cheerful: +1 to friendship
Relaxed: +1 to health

It seems that the personality bonus for each one is the same. I hated that there were different ones for each animal type in SoS
 
Reply with quote  
Nurylon
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 1:43 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

User avatar
Posts: 517

Offline
Ophelia11 wrote:
Nurylon wrote:
Ophelia11 wrote:
do animals still have personality traits? If I remember correctly in SoS active animals gained hearts faster when they were outside and cowardly animals slower

They do; this is all from memory (I'll try and find the source in a bit) but there were 6~ or so personality traits and they were things like 'produces +5 more products' 'produces .5 stars more in products' 'gains friendship faster' etc. Similar to pet personalities, they come up in the shop when you're buying the animal, and you can probably exit and re-enter the shop menu to reset them until you get what you want instead of buying/reselling or savescumming.


thanks :)

I found this on Thonky:
Timid: +5 to by-product yield
Lively: +5 to by-product level
Docile: +2 to coat
Cheerful: +1 to friendship
Relaxed: +1 to health

It seems that the personality bonus for each one is the same. I hated that there were different ones for each animal type in SoS

Oh thank you, I was trying to find it on friendsof3villages and was on page 11 of the trio of towns tag ;w;
I wonder which one is 'better'? Timid looks fantastic (especially) if it goes over the 20 product normal max, and Cheerful would probably be great for an early Year 1 festival!
 
Reply with quote  
Ophelia11
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 2:06 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

User avatar
Posts: 539

Offline
Nurylon wrote:
Oh thank you, I was trying to find it on friendsof3villages and was on page 11 of the trio of towns tag ;w;
I wonder which one is 'better'? Timid looks fantastic (especially) if it goes over the 20 product normal max, and Cheerful would probably be great for an early Year 1 festival!


well, I read that you need two cows at the beginning for the first farm tip. So I'm getting one with the cheerful personality (for early festivals) and one with the timid. And then at some point sell the cheerful probably
 
Reply with quote  
AllisAurora
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 10:13 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

User avatar
Posts: 96

Offline
Ophelia11 wrote:

thanks :)

I found this on Thonky:
Timid: +5 to by-product yield
Lively: +5 to by-product level
Docile: +2 to coat
Cheerful: +1 to friendship
Relaxed: +1 to health

It seems that the personality bonus for each one is the same. I hated that there were different ones for each animal type in SoS


I always forget about the animal personalities in the game, so this time around, I am going actually try and make use of them.
 
Reply with quote  
HlaineL
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 10:55 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

User avatar
Posts: 43

Offline
I'm wondering for the animal festival is it better to go for Cheerful: +1 to friendship or Docile: +2 to coat because i'm pretty sure fur quality also counts for points (I assume that's what coat is...?)
Spoiler:
I really want that capybara ASAP. :lol: Imagining it running around herding my giant cows is TOO cute

Also was fur quality something that got better with age?
 
Reply with quote  
Moon-Cookie
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 11:40 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

User avatar
Posts: 35

Offline
Ooohh, I like those traits! I'll go for a Timid and Cheerful cow right off the bat for some early festivals and yield bonuses. Not sure about fur quality traits...Maybe they'd be good for a sheep you plan to enter?
 
Reply with quote  
Ophelia11
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 11:43 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

User avatar
Posts: 539

Offline
Moon-Cookie wrote:
Ooohh, I like those traits! I'll go for a Timid and Cheerful cow right off the bat for some early festivals and yield bonuses. Not sure about fur quality traits...Maybe they'd be good for a sheep you plan to enter?


yeah, I do not really get the fur quality trait. Like I get that it is a factor for the animal festivals, but what effect does better fur have on the products/animals?
 
Reply with quote  
HlaineL
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 1:05 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

User avatar
Posts: 43

Offline
Ophelia11 wrote:
yeah, I do not really get the fur quality trait. Like I get that it is a factor for the animal festivals, but what effect does better fur have on the products/animals?
I would think that the quality of fur sells for more as well as improves the quality of any processed product the fur goes into like cloth maybe? Although I do remember hearing something about some mid-processing step being removed so not sure if cloth even still exists.
 
Reply with quote  
Nurylon
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 3:10 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

User avatar
Posts: 517

Offline
Maybe the fur is a multi factor, like how crops have multiple factors?? But it's really believable to me for it to just be a festival trait, too. I think only beginner difficulty is available at the beginning though, and beginner only ranks for friendship; so it wouldn't be better for the first Festival.
 
Reply with quote  
HlaineL
Post Posted: Feb 27, 2017 5:14 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

User avatar
Posts: 43

Offline
Nurylon wrote:
I think only beginner difficulty is available at the beginning though, and beginner only ranks for friendship; so it wouldn't be better for the first Festival.

Ohhh I some how missed that in all the text, thanks! Guess I'll go for cheerful then! :)
 
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


All times are UTC - 8 hours


 

Search this topic:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group