Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon
https://fogu.com/hmforum/

does livestock need to see the light of day?
https://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171519
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Tabby935 [ Feb 26, 2017 7:24 pm ]
Post subject:  does livestock need to see the light of day?

so maybe this is a cruel question, lol. But i usually never let my animals outside in order to save time. Can I do that in this game too? Or is this going to have majorly negative results? Also, do the pets and horse have a limited life span, or do they never die? Thanks in advance! :)

Author:  Ladyjovia [ Feb 26, 2017 7:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: does livestock need to see the light of day?

i've read somewhere the pets don't have a lifespan so forever... but dunno

i do know the livestock like cow and sheep have a lifespan from xseed answering questions while streaming... as for the light of day i dunno, but the horse i best is forever since most games are like that with a horse

Author:  ConfusedBlonde [ Feb 26, 2017 7:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: does livestock need to see the light of day?

They can survive inside long enough for you to get a dog and train it to take them out. Their stress will build up slightly while inside, but it never got high enough for me at least to get them sick. Just keep an eye on it, and if they really seem to be getting stressed, just push them outside for a day to reset their stress levels.

Author:  Celestrian [ Feb 26, 2017 7:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: does livestock need to see the light of day?

I do the same thing with my animals except for AP because in AP I could just easily call them back in. FomT/MfomT is the only game I know of that has a lifespan for livestock.

Author:  ConfusedBlonde [ Feb 26, 2017 7:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: does livestock need to see the light of day?

Celestrian wrote:
I do the same thing with my animals except for AP because in AP I could just easily call them back in. FomT/MfomT is the only game I know of that has a lifespan for livestock.

livestock have a limited lifespan in all of the games as far as I'm aware, but I think OP just meant pets.

Tbh i'm not sure about the pet thing. I mean, I would assume they live forever? Pets have never died in past games, I don't see why they would now.

Author:  Mecha-Lollipop [ Feb 26, 2017 7:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: does livestock need to see the light of day?

In a year I haven't taken any of my animals out at all. None are stressed or have ever gotten sick. Though I think their friendship raises faster when you herd them outside. To me it wasn't worth the time and I had plenty of money so just used treats.

Author:  Anna_Lynn [ Feb 26, 2017 9:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: does livestock need to see the light of day?

Kind of off topic, but does anyone know if villagers lose friendship points if an animal dies in this game? I recall playing HMDS recently, and a couple animals died of sickness from a typhoon. Long story short, I ended up dropping a heart color with some bachelorettes, so I hope this annoying feature didn't carry over to 3oT.

Author:  Nurse Fin [ Feb 26, 2017 9:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: does livestock need to see the light of day?

I keep my animals locked in the dungeon forever... and they LIKE it. fwiw I've had cows for 4 game years that were never let out.

I don't see how there's any point in letting animals out in this game which is why the barns (that only hold 4 animals) taking up 9 spaces is so annoying.

Author:  Nurylon [ Feb 26, 2017 9:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: does livestock need to see the light of day?

If they don't *gain* stress for being outside, then my train of thought is... barring friendship, that the only reason it'd be convenient to herd them outside is so that you can take care of all your animals on one screen, instead of having to load into a billion areas to take care of them. Esp since the products don't hop into the great beyond and they won't be all crowded and horrible together.
I read in one place that they actually gain stress if they're put outside more than every other day, but I don't remember the source, and hope that's not the case because that'd be stupid.

Author:  Shan O 123 [ Feb 26, 2017 10:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: does livestock need to see the light of day?

I always leave my animals inside in past games (besides ToTT) because I don't see the point of it. It took forever.




Edit, 5000th post.

Author:  Blademaster_Aio [ Feb 26, 2017 11:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: does livestock need to see the light of day?

Anna_Lynn wrote:
Kind of off topic, but does anyone know if villagers lose friendship points if an animal dies in this game? I recall playing HMDS recently, and a couple animals died of sickness from a typhoon. Long story short, I ended up dropping a heart color with some bachelorettes, so I hope this annoying feature didn't carry over to 3oT.


Actually, I think dying of sickness is bad in every game? You have animal medicine to cure it.

Dying of old age isn't.

Anyway, you can go out in typhoons now.

Author:  Shan O 123 [ Feb 26, 2017 11:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: does livestock need to see the light of day?

Blademaster_Aio wrote:
Anna_Lynn wrote:
Kind of off topic, but does anyone know if villagers lose friendship points if an animal dies in this game? I recall playing HMDS recently, and a couple animals died of sickness from a typhoon. Long story short, I ended up dropping a heart color with some bachelorettes, so I hope this annoying feature didn't carry over to 3oT.


Actually, I think dying of sickness is bad in every game? You have animal medicine to cure it.

Dying of old age isn't.

Anyway, you can go out in typhoons now.

I think Neil actually scolds you for letting a animal die even though it's not my fault you idiot.

Author:  Ladyjovia [ Feb 26, 2017 11:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: does livestock need to see the light of day?

then maybe letting the animal out here and there helps it gain faster friendship/easier for a short time or something?

Author:  Shan O 123 [ Feb 26, 2017 11:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: does livestock need to see the light of day?

Ladyjovia wrote:
then maybe letting the animal out here and there helps it gain faster friendship/easier for a short time or something?

I'd say it's for friendship.

Author:  Ophelia11 [ Feb 27, 2017 1:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: does livestock need to see the light of day?

do animals still have personality traits? If I remember correctly in SoS active animals gained hearts faster when they were outside and cowardly animals slower

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/