Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 19, 2020 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1736 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 116  Next
Blademaster_Aio
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 10:03 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Where I gush about the game. I mean, playthrough topic.

The opening scene is full of win.

The best part is the whole, 'Yaaay' session when your mom says she'll take you here again.

Also I am so happy to have a family. Dad's reaction was hilariously appropriate, and definitely what my real life dad would've said if I told him I wanted to be a farmer.

Uncle Frank is great.

By the way, after spending lots of time on the customisation screen, I now have a this picture of my female MC, Holly, being a bookworm. A rich bookworm. Which is also why daddy opposed me. Hmph, I'll show you old man. The power of video game farming.

Also, I was gonna comment on the hugs, but nevermind.

Actually I have the word for it: Awkward. Hugging Wayne as Holly was awkward. Hugging Lisette as the male MC was weird too.

By the way, your house was called a 'shack' in the stream. It's not great, but the house in SoS was much worse. It literally was broken down and not weather proof, with cobwebs. This one is much better.

Mecha-Lollipop
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 10:32 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

I'm just so happy to play it. I love how much easier it is to play in English.

Pluupy
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 10:52 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Welp. Day 10. Didn't save. Already i've lost everything thanks to a glitch.

Apparently, during the part time brushing job you must wait until the character completely equips the tool or the tool will disappear. If you interrupt the equip animation by moving, the brush will not be equipped. Forever stuck in brushing part time job because pressing A does nothing. Need to start over save file again because last time I saved was Day 3.

Thank you game.

Edit: Great. So apparently "Moondrop Flowers" aren't considered flowers by the shipping part time jobs too. I have the best luck with this game so far. Already failed two jobs and lost save file progress.

Last edited by Pluupy on Feb 28, 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 11:36 am 
Anonymous Fish

Pluupy wrote:

Apparently, during the part time brushing job you must wait until the character completely equips the tool or the tool will disappear. Forever stuck in brushing part time job because pressing A does nothing. Need to start over save file again because last time I saved was Day 3.

Thank you game.

Edit: Great. So apparently "Moondrop Flowers" aren't considered flowers by the shipping part time jobs too. I have the best luck with this game so far. Already failed two jobs and lost save file progress.

I am pretty sure that if you look at the whole text of the flowers quest, it does specify that they have to be flowers that you've grown. It did in the Japanese version, at least.

I thought they gave you the tools to complete the part time jobs, but I guess maybe they don't. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Pluupy
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 11:47 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Pluupy wrote:

Apparently, during the part time brushing job you must wait until the character completely equips the tool or the tool will disappear. Forever stuck in brushing part time job because pressing A does nothing. Need to start over save file again because last time I saved was Day 3.

Thank you game.

I am pretty sure that if you look at the whole text of the flowers quest, it does specify that they have to be flowers that you've grown. It did in the Japanese version, at least.

I thought they gave you the tools to complete the part time jobs, but I guess maybe they don't. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Oh great the translation is leaving out the important information.

As for the part-time quest, they give you a brush. I actually own a brush too but they force you with their own brush.

cinnamon_yuki
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 3:10 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I restarted my file today to change from Veteran mode to Seedling mode and from Sport Enthusiast to Tycoon. :P

Blademaster_Aio
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 3:18 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

That sounds like pretty bad luck. Thanks for the heads up. Remember to save often.

I gave Frank and egg, and Hector Moondrop flowers.

I also bought a cow and chicken (because you know, I'm rich)

The hoe eats so much stamina. Like so much. It took me a few days to plant the crops I wanted. Starting out rich is so nice.

Also, part time jobs are a lot of fun.

The spicy fodder is nice but it is so expensive.

Celestrian
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 3:21 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Just started the game. Finally picked a damn name and now I'm set to go!

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 3:25 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Soooo...this thread is for your initial thoughts on first playing Trio, right? This will all be spoilers if you're still trying to avoid any details on the game, of course.

Well, to begin with, the one and only bad thing, as I like to get the negative out of the way first and then go to the good stuff. And that is, like the first game season of ANB, Trio is a bit dull in the start cuz there's just not enough to do. Mostly that you can't build anything yet to make more crop fields or save progress on your seeds with the seed maker. BUT...I think that's pretty standard with any bokumono game. This quiet stage is certainly letting me concentrate on the basics so I get good at them before it starts to get more complicated. So on that hand, not so much a complaint...I just want to get to the good stuff, lol. Once Lulukoko is available my farmer is going to get pretty busy, I think. By the time I get Tsuyukusa unlocked I think I'll probably wish I had food to eat that has the 'slow time down' bonus to it. :)

But otherwise, it's awesome! I love the decor of the game world, and the colourfulness and detail. I like how the characters will say hi (or etc) to you without you saying something first. I do NOT hate fishing in this game, and so far the animal care is super easy. (Btw, at Spring 12 I already have THREE hearts with my animals and I did NOT choose 'animal lover' so I'd say the person who said the animal lover personality isn't very useful was right.) The animals are very cute and easy to take care of, so far, though this is just the beginning. I also like how much the characters have to say from day to day, and that what they say to quick greet is always different to what they say to a regular greeting.

At Spring 12 I also progressed 1 town link rank with Westown, and I wasn't really even trying, so it could definitely be done earlier than that. I suspect that each link takes longer than the one previous, though. Still, this means I've unlocked some new stock, so yay...gonna to see that after this.

Gotta say, putting aside how slow it is to begin, this game is awfully promising of future fun. I can't wait to see a few events. I like the maps, too! All in all, I'm very pleased.

I haven't encountered any bugs yet, though I do remember to save not only every night, but also before I take on any PT jobs, so even if it did bug out on me, it wouldn't matter.

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 3:42 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

I did my playing in Japanese on Seedling mode, because y'know...I figured not being able to read was enough of a handicap LOL.

Started in on Original, and yeah, the stamina drain at first is just nuts. Having the Charmer perk is so, so handy for those free meals! I did get "lunch-blocked" by a cut scene once though. Thanks a lot, WAYNE.

Original on NG+ with the weakling stat would be so, so brutal until tool upgrades open up. Yikes.

And since I can actually read and understand now...your animals CAN graze. Though I think if there is food in the tray that will get eaten first unless you are super speedy getting them outside. I think pets start their herding after nom time as well. Still, very helpful because I misremembered the cost of chicken feed and sort of ended up without any food. Good ol' Uncle Frank fixed that for me by giving me some the next day though.

Also, is it just me or in Waynes' first scene
Spoiler:
does Uncle Frank have a HUGE mancrush on Wayne?

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 3:55 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

The animation on fishing does look like you need to multi press even though you don't.

I hate how much the hoe takes too.

And I'm trying but not progressing town rank fast as some people or I'd like to be so feeling a little insecure there.

Celestrian
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 3:58 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Wayne seems rather flirtatious in that first scene. :shock:

Kikki
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 4:00 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

ChaosAzerothCat wrote:
And I'm trying but not progressing town rank fast as some people or I'd like to be so feeling a little insecure there.

To get the town link to go quickly I did as many PT jobs as I could easily do every day, usually about three of them, and I also ate at the restaurant every day, too, or very nearly. Those two things alone seem to get you through the first rank in 10 to 15 days.

AllisAurora
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 4:06 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Celestrian wrote:
Wayne seems rather flirtatious in that first scene. :shock:

I thought that too! I can picture in my head that even if my MC doesn't marry Wayne, they are going to be best friends and she is gonna make fun of how much of a flirt he is.

ryume
Post Posted: Feb 28, 2017 4:06 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Loving how colorful and detailed, esp. for a BM game, 3oT is! I feel like the game is teeming with life, and there are lots of charming little details everywhere I look, right down to the swing next to your house that I found by accident lol. I messed up on a couple of the part time job shipping mechanics since I iddn't read anything on this forum until now, but figured it out quickly enough after the second time I failed (flower requests must be fulfilled with ones you've wctually grown).

Spoiler:
IMO: Hector is a big old GRUMP :lol: Wayne is indeed flirtatious, but even though I don't tend to like guys like that IRL (my husband certainly isn't), I find him charming. And I instantly liked Ford. Exactly what I expected from his cahracter so far, and I'm looking forward to his events. Just unlocked Lulukoko, and my initial impression of Iluka is that she's a brat, so hopefully friend events are amusing with her.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1736 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 116  Next