* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 19, 2020 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

irulethegalaxy
  Post subject: Dessie rewards?
Post Posted: Mar 01, 2017 2:07 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

So, just wondering. Are the rewards from Dessie for bug hunting randomized? Because a friend and I are getting very, VERY different rewards, and I am getting different stuff than I did on my playthrough.

My friend got topaz and jade; I've gotten nothing but animal treats and fertilizer (both on Original mode). In my Japanese game, I am POSITIVE I got some gems (this was Seedling).

Anyone else want to comment on what they've gotten? Either the RNG absolutely hates me, or I've got a bit of a bug going on.

Musashi
  Post subject: Re: Dessie rewards?
Post Posted: Mar 01, 2017 2:09 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Yes. They are random. If you save before exiting your house and triggering the event, you can reload until you get a better reward.

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Mar 01, 2017 2:13 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Musashi wrote:
Yes. They are random. If you save before exiting your house and triggering the event, you can reload until you get a better reward.

That's what I thought. I won't bother savescumming, I know how available gems are in general with a couple hammer upgrades and I have what I need for the seedmaker. I do find it hilarious how very different the rewards are between playthroughs. Apparently, Dessie doesn't like me very much :(.

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Mar 01, 2017 2:26 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

irulethegalaxy wrote:
Musashi wrote:

That's what I thought. I won't bother savescumming, I know how available gems are in general with a couple hammer upgrades and I have what I need for the seedmaker. I do find it hilarious how very different the rewards are between playthroughs. Apparently, Dessie doesn't like me very much :(.

Personally given how much more of the gems in general than iron I've gotten from mining I was sad I wasn't getting fertilizer from her and thought she hated me for gems...x3