* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 19, 2020 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Musashi
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 8:04 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

One of the fertilizers in the game allows you to increase the number of crops you will get when you harvest them (but only the next time you harvest them; if you apply it on a crop or tree which produces more than one time, the counter resets after the first harvest and the next time you will get the usual number). The normal fertilizer will increase the number by 1, while the super version of it will increase it by 2. However, there is a downside. It will reduce the size parameter of that crop in the same amount of fertilizer you applied. In other words, if you used a normal fertilizer, you need to apply a normal size fertilizer to restore the size parameter value to what it was. If you used a super version, you need to apply either 2 normal size fertilizers or 1 super version of it.

The same applies when you water them with the water+fertilizer mixture you can make using one of the makers.

However, this only applies if your crop has a size parameter. Flowers, grain, water crops, spices... do not have a size parameter, so you can increase their numbers without any worry at all. If you are going to do it, it is advisable that you use the maker to create fertilized water, since you only need 1 number-increasing fertilizer + 1 weed/branch + some fish bait you can buy (I don't know its name in english) to get enough water for 50 crops.

If your crop takes long enough to mature, you can get up to 40 crops per seed you planted. It caps at 39-40, depending on what version of the fertilizers you have been using (I got 40 using only normal ones, but when I watered them with super fertilizer it capped to 39).

This might be useful for those people who want to get all trophies as soon as possible, since some of them require you to harvest 2000 grain crops, 2000 spices, 2000 water crops, etc. By almost filling one of the underground rooms (I had some trees) and using only the fertilized water I was able to get around 1000 crops at once (and get the trophy after only 2 rounds).

It is also useful if you plant things like rice, since it takes 2 months to mature, so you will be able to get a lot with only a few fields.

Rancherita
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 8:18 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Thanks for posting this. I have a wheat harvest coming in 10 days or so, and will get that fertilizer to increase my yield, because long growth period is long. Soybeans take even longer.

Would it work on trees the same way? (Increase number of fruit, reduce size?)

Musashi
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 8:20 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Rancherita wrote:
Thanks for posting this. I have a wheat harvest coming in 10 days or so, and will get that fertilizer to increase my yield, because long growth period is long. Soybeans take even longer.

Would it work on trees the same way? (Increase number of fruit, reduce size?)

Yes. Actually, I found the 40 crops cap by using it on a tree, since I still had some months until it gave fruit again. After that one harvest, it went down to 9 again.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 8:24 am 
Anonymous Fish

Where do you find the fertilizer? Sorry if I missed an obvious answer!

Musashi
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 8:27 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Where do you find the fertilizer? Sorry if I missed an obvious answer!

You can buy the normal one from the usual vendors after you take part in (or win, I'm not sure) one harvest festival. It costs 200G per fertilizer, so it is advisable to wait until you get the fertilized water maker if you want to use it a lot. All super versions of the fertilizers can only be made with the fertilizer maker.

LightHawKnight
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 11:12 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Haven't gotten any new fertilizers yet, but can you apply more than one a day? By that I mean can you apply one of each? Or do you have to fix the size issue the next day?

Musashi
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 11:19 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

LightHawKnight wrote:
Haven't gotten any new fertilizers yet, but can you apply more than one a day? By that I mean can you apply one of each? Or do you have to fix the size issue the next day?

You can apply only one fertilizer per day. However, if you have the fertilized water maker, you can first apply a fertilizer and then water the plants, effectively applying two fertilizers. It does not work the other way around.

You can also use the fertilizer maker to create improved versions of the fertilizers with twice the effect of the normal one. This also applies to the fertilized water. So if you do it correctly, you can get the effect of 4 fertilizers per day (all of the same kind, or 2 of two different kinds). But you will only be able to do this later in the game.

LightHawKnight
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 11:22 am 

Musashi wrote:
LightHawKnight wrote:

You can apply only one fertilizer per day. However, if you have the fertilized water maker, you can first apply a fertilizer and then water the plants, effectively applying two fertilizers. It does not work the other way around.

You can also use the fertilizer maker to create improved versions of the fertilizers with twice the effect of the normal one. This also applies to the fertilized water. So if you do it correctly, you can get the effect of 4 fertilizers per day (all of the same kind, or 2 of two different kinds). But you will only be able to do this later in the game.

That sounds useful. How early can you get the fertilized water maker?

Musashi
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 11:25 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

LightHawKnight wrote:
Musashi wrote:
LightHawKnight wrote:

That sounds useful. How early can you get the fertilized water maker?

It will appear in Ludus' shop after you complete the second set of tasks given by your father. The fertilizer maker appears after completing the first set.

And I kind of implied it in my original post, but you don't need to make the improved fertilizers to make improved fertilized water. It uses the normal version of the fertilizer.

For the water maker you need: 20 glass stone, 20 copper, 15 gold, 5 moonstone, 1 orihalcon (o whatever they are called in the english game)

For the fertilizer maker you need: 15 brown cloth, 10 iron, 5 blue cloth.

Last edited by Musashi on Mar 03, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 11:26 am 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Yeah, the volume fertilizer comes in incredibly handy if you're running up against a season deadline--or just need a lot of something slow growing. For reharvestable stuff, it does wear off, but I think you get extra for a harvest or two.