* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 19, 2020 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Pawserve
  Post subject: Being ford's test subject
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 9:45 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Has anyone done this one yet? It said the reward was like 150g but after I did it he gave me 2,200g. It was my very first time helping him out with testing stuff

Edit: I also picked the Red ampoule: Raise stamina to maximum one, not sure if that matters.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 9:49 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yup. And he failed me. My poor Stamina...and my poor wallet after eating at the restaurant.

Rancherita
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 9:56 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I discovered you can accept "chore" jobs like this until 11 PM, so I went after all my chores, picked the wrong one, but only lost half a heart and made more money for my troubles.

No wonder poor Ford says he can barely break even, he's financing my farm on the side. But we're becoming better friends over it. Win-win!

Also, you can just save before taking the job and reset if you don't like the result.

princesszelda
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 9:57 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Pawserve wrote:
Has anyone done this one yet? It said the reward was like 150g but after I did it he gave me 2,200g. It was my very first time helping him out with testing stuff

Edit: I also picked the Red ampoule: Raise stamina to maximum one, not sure if that matters.

I thought when I did his part time job the reward was 1,500 G. Regardless, yeah, he paid me 2,200G. The more jobs you do, you increase your rank, and the better your payout.

Starrynight28
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 10:04 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I purposely wait until my hearts are at their lowest before taking that job because he won't make you unconscious and anything is an improvement. Plus he pays more if he lowers your stamina I think.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 10:07 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Rancherita wrote:
I discovered you can accept "chore" jobs like this until 11 PM, so I went after all my chores, picked the wrong one, but only lost half a heart and made more money for my troubles.

No wonder poor Ford says he can barely break even, he's financing my farm on the side. But we're becoming better friends over it. Win-win!

Also, you can just save before taking the job and reset if you don't like the result.

I hate reloading though.

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 10:17 am 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Okay, first of all, Ford should have his medical license revoked. Clearly unethical. Tsk tsk.

But anyway, generally this one works out well for me, only hit the whammy once. FWIW, this (and all the part time jobs) seem to pay more based probably on character affection and possibly on town rank. Starting with the Popular trait meant that I was getting over 2k for this quest right off the bat.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 10:27 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Ford, I am a human being who wants to live. Not your guinea pig!

princesszelda
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 10:31 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Starrynight28 wrote:
I purposely wait until my hearts are at their lowest before taking that job because he won't make you unconscious and anything is an improvement. Plus he pays more if he lowers your stamina I think.

Oooh smart. I've only done his job once but yea, I was at full hearts when he took me down to 1/2 a heart. Damn you, Ford! :!:

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 10:55 am 
Anonymous Fish

Shan O 123 wrote:

irulethegalaxy wrote:
Okay, first of all, Ford should have his medical license revoked. Clearly unethical. Tsk tsk.

Well, to be fair YOU were the one who chose to be his guinea pig, though. He only put a request and YOU took the bait :P

Besides, after research and experiments, all medicines have to be tested on certain samples of human subjects to collect even more datas and observe its effects/side-effects before it can be sold and used by everyone else. That's how it works in real life.

Anyway, ampoules always seem to have best effect out of all three variations. And if you were not so lucky, he already pays well enough so that you can eat at restaurant to restore your stamina and still cash over 1000G.

Don't like how it works, then don't take the quest and lose your money rewards. Easy as that.

anissina
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 10:57 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Always save right before you do that job!

I love that job, once you figure out which ones to choose it's great.

And it is 1,500g reward. Actually I read somewhere if you pick a bad one you get more money.

I'm not sure if it's his heart level or town rank but when I do it now I make almost 5,000g.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 11:06 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Shan O 123 wrote:

irulethegalaxy wrote:

Well, to be fair YOU were the one who chose to be his guinea pig, though. He only put a request and YOU took the bait :P

Besides, after research and experiments, all medicines have to be tested on certain samples of human subjects to collect even more datas and observe its effects/side-effects before it can be sold and used by everyone else. That's how it works in real life.

Anyway, ampoules always seem to have best effect out of all three variations. And if you were not so lucky, he already pays well enough so that you can eat at restaurant to restore your stamina and still cash over 1000G.

Don't like how it works, then don't take the quest and lose your money rewards. Easy as that.

I take the bait because he pays really well and extra money is a good thing.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 11:51 am 
Anonymous Fish

Ford performs experiments on you? Is he from UMBRELLA or something? If I end up turning into Lisa Trevor, I'm shutting off the game.

Pawserve
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 11:56 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Haha yeah he pays very well. Its nice to do a "Push A" part time job and have it not be related to farming as well. :D

FoolishGhoul
Post Posted: Mar 03, 2017 12:10 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Ford performs experiments on you? Is he from UMBRELLA or something? If I end up turning into Lisa Trevor, I'm shutting off the game.

Bless you for this reference