I kind of get the feeling...

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Blue Leafeon
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

...that you're actually not supposed to be going for Town Link Ranks ASAP.

I am in fall (1st year) and recently got the eastern town to rank C. At this point, I unlock a busload of Tofu recipes. So I went to check out where I could find tofu and the only thing I could find was the pickler machine, which unlocks spring of year 2.

What's the point of giving us recipes to things we can't even make yet? Is it because they expect us to go for Farming Tips first, and focus on Town Ranks later? ._.
Pawserve
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Blue Leafeon wrote:...that you're actually not supposed to be going for Town Link Ranks ASAP.

I am in fall (1st year) and recently got the eastern town to rank C. At this point, I unlock a busload of Tofu recipes. So I went to check out where I could find tofu and the only thing I could find was the pickler machine, which unlocks spring of year 2.

What's the point of giving us recipes to things we can't even make yet? Is it because they expect us to go for Farming Tips first, and focus on Town Ranks later? ._.
Interesting, I'm not sure.. I tried not to spoil to much info on what we get later on with ranks. I know in SoS1 they tried really hard to gate a lot of stuff.
Rei Ann
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

That kinda sucks considering, I'm not even trying for farm ranks and it's like bam got them.

This is what I get for choosing charmer though.
Tabby935
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Yeah i'm plowing through the town ranks pretty fast myself. Hopefully in the final stages, the challenge will get a lot tougher to unlock them.
Liliana93
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Yeah I've been doing the same, lulukoko is at rank c, eastern town is at rank d, and westown is almost rank b and i'm in summer 20th, I guess they didn't want everything to progress quickly. I am glad though in some ways because it does allow us to play further on than we might have, and in addition some romanceable characters prevent an insta-romance (like ludus whose second friendship event is fall 17th)
Blue Leafeon

Post  Posted:

I've been intentionally trying to get the town ranks higher for two of the towns because I want pets from them, although this is taking so long, I think I'll go for the alternative route of 15 farm animals to get the dog and 20 for the cat. lol
I know in SoS1 they tried really hard to gate a lot of stuff.
Yeah. Couldn't even get certain pets until year three. At least we don't have that kind of problem this time. (Although it might BE year 3 by the time I get the towns to A rank haha)
I am glad though that some romanceable characters prevent an insta-romance (like ludus whose second friendship event is fall 17th)
Hinata's second friend event couldn't happen until summer 25/26-ish. Which proved to be bad news for me because his heart event calls for sunny in both his village AND my farm. I didn't get that until Fall 10th lol. (Darn RNG and weather)
Achelexus
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Pawserve wrote:
Blue Leafeon wrote:...that you're actually not supposed to be going for Town Link Ranks ASAP.

Interesting, I'm not sure.. I tried not to spoil to much info on what we get later on with ranks. I know in SoS1 they tried really hard to gate a lot of stuff.
Well it's way better to gate these things behind Town Ranks than time.
Liliana93
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Blue Leafeon wrote:
I am glad though that some romanceable characters prevent an insta-romance (like ludus whose second friendship event is fall 17th)
Hinata's second friend event couldn't happen until summer 25/26-ish. Which proved to be bad news for me because his heart event calls for sunny in both his village AND my farm. I didn't get that until Fall 10th lol. (Darn RNG and weather)
yeah the weather isn't so nice sometimes...

@Achelexus agreed
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
you guys aren't supposed to play for 24/7 :P
Seriously it depends how you play the game.
Rei Ann
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:
Spoiler:
you guys aren't supposed to play for 24/7 :P
Seriously it depends how you play the game.
But game is life. XD
Ladyjovia
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

hrm... this might be a bit of a spoiler so if you want to know later town link rank unlocks stuff...
Spoiler:
apparently at the lock before becoming b rank each town wants some crops from another town... however you can only get those crops from a D or C rank town... like i'm at west town lock and it calls for 20 sweet potato from tsuyu(i guess 50 on the other mode) and i've heard one of the other town b locks requires crops from another town with the same numbers.
Nurylon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

.w. I'm only at Rank D for each town and am in Autumn of Year 1... though I *did* just decide I *really* want to rank up Lulukoko so that I can get a Jersey cow, so I started buying a bunch of milk and turning it into hot milk. (See: Kikki's Hot Milk trick thread).
It probably won't take me forever to naturally unlock this stuff, though. I was keeping my animals and plants minimal to a T until I got Inari unlocked, so that I could 'speedplay' (read: play around in the towns until like 1800 every day anyway lol).
But, yeah there's definitely a curve to the locks. Some are just easier to do after the tips, I think.
Ladyjovia
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

yeah.... >_> i'm not even a week into summer and i got westie at the lock for b rank, tsuyu is either at d or c rank and soon to be near the next lock.... and lulukoko is near the b rank lock if not already.

I haven't even unlocked any more farm areas and i'm crying due to not having enough room for all my trees XD
Blue Leafeon

Post  Posted:

Achelexus wrote: Well it's way better to gate these things behind Town Ranks than time.
Oh my gosh yes. Or Farming Tips.

I just wish the pickler machine was that way, too. Ah well, I can make sashimi for Hinata, at least.
Anna_Lynn

Post  Posted:

This game may be a bit too easy on seedling mode this time around. It's day 1 of Autumn, and all towns are rank C, with Westown at a lock while I wait for my yams to grow. (Better start growing fruit trees, or I'm gonna really hate myself at future town locks.)
Blue Leafeon wrote:I just wish the pickler machine was that way, too. Ah well, I can make sashimi for Hinata, at least.
IDK if you need to unlock this recipe or not, but white rice is a very cheap thing you can make for him, and it give +500 FP. I've been buying rice from Ittetsu's store and making it into white rice at my kitchen, and he's already at a light green flower at the start of Autumn.