Does Kasumi ever change her stance on men?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
ConfusedBlonde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

anon pLEASE make an account or hit me up on tumblr I wanna be friends w/ u

As for when you unlock tsuyukusa, it should be before the end of your first summer. I can't remember exactly what the requirements are because I unlocked it so long ago, but just from reading what everyone has been saying now that the game is out in NA it seems like it happens a lot sooner than i remembered. What's your date?

Edit: Beat to the punch
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

geez that's so far off! is that the last town to be unlocked or do they all take forever? like, I know they want to start slow since the game's kinda complicated (easing us into all the new features and characters so it isn't overwhelming) but that seems a bit ridiculous..

@blonde, I guess I'm gonna have to lol I'm a lil tired of the "fill in the blank" not-a-bot tests after every post. give me a min and I'll drop you a private message with my tumblr.
ConfusedBlonde
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

tsuyukusa is the last one. Lulucoco is the second one you'll unlock, mostly because Ludus has to fix your crappy house
Nurylon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Woah now, why are we talking about getting IP banned for asking Cher questions now???
Cher's not some awful dictator, it's not like if you try to have a reasonable conversation with her 'Hey I noticed this thing that concerned me. Can we talk about it and maybe reach a consensus?' is gonna get you banned. The only reason to maybe get banned is if you literally harass and scream at [anyone], not just Cher, and that is pretty much 0 a useful technique for getting anywhere anyway.

I've been on so many pet site forums with esoteric slurs up the kazoo banned and it mostly just got people in trouble when they tried to name their pets things they didn't know were slurs, and then they make threads about it, 'I couldn't name my ____ this name!! How come? What's wrong with it?' and then they learn through someone else's google search that it's a slur and everyone is scarred for life. It's really not that great to ban slurs the majority doesn't know because otherwise it just results in confusion, which would be my reason for not blocking 50+ slurs if I ran a censor, anyway. Can't put those same words in this forum's mouth, obviously, but it's not like one person responsible for the filter is gonna know all slurs. When I see 'dyke' the only thing I think of is 'type of lesbian', not slur, and I'm the same (~) age as y'all talking about it here, or at least the Fishie.

On 'gay' being blocked with 'homosexual', my take on it was that 'gay' being used as a slur is actually way, way more rampant, and so it was blocked to prevent its use as a slur. <<Homosexual>> still gets the point across in the 'correct' context, and in the 'bad, slur' context, it makes a fool out of the person who tried to use it.

Obviously those are just my personal opinions, but I saw only similar opinions on the topic here, so wanted to toss in my 2 cents in case seeing a different perspective did anything good for people's morale(?).

At any rate I'm glad to see the 'post review' that keeps coming up as I'm making my post bringing this topic back on-topic, if only for OP's sake... Originally I just wanted to playfully add a link to a quote from the gameplay topic here, about how a couple forum users and I agreed Kasumi would make the beeesssst flf character.
Pluupy
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Why not just censor non-heterosexual terms with LGBT? That makes it a very general blanket so nobody is butthurt.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

@blonde, account made. waiting for a mod to accept it so I can log in.
Nurylon wrote:Woah now, why are we talking about getting IP banned for asking Cher questions now???
Cher's not some awful dictator, it's not like if you try to have a reasonable conversation with her 'Hey I noticed this thing that concerned me. Can we talk about it and maybe reach a consensus?' is gonna get you banned. The only reason to maybe get banned is if you literally harass and scream at [anyone], not just Cher, and that is pretty much 0 a useful technique for getting anywhere anyway.

I've been on so many pet site forums with esoteric slurs up the kazoo banned and it mostly just got people in trouble when they tried to name their pets things they didn't know were slurs, and then they make threads about it, 'I couldn't name my ____ this name!! How come? What's wrong with it?' and then they learn through someone else's google search that it's a slur and everyone is scarred for life. It's really not that great to ban slurs the majority doesn't know because otherwise it just results in confusion, which would be my reason for not blocking 50+ slurs if I ran a censor, anyway. Can't put those same words in this forum's mouth, obviously, but it's not like one person responsible for the filter is gonna know all slurs. When I see 'dyke' the only thing I think of is 'type of lesbian', not slur, and I'm the same (~) age as y'all talking about it here, or at least the Fishie.

On '« homosexual »' being blocked with 'homosexual', my take on it was that '« homosexual »' being used as a slur is actually way, way more rampant, and so it was blocked to prevent its use as a slur. <<Homosexual>> still gets the point across in the 'correct' context, and in the 'bad, slur' context, it makes a fool out of the person who tried to use it.

Obviously those are just my personal opinions, but I saw only similar opinions on the topic here, so wanted to toss in my 2 cents in case seeing a different perspective did anything good for people's morale(?).

At any rate I'm glad to see the 'post review' that keeps coming up as I'm making my post bringing this topic back on-topic, if only for OP's sake... Originally I just wanted to playfully add a link to a quote from the gameplay topic here, about how a couple forum users and I agreed Kasumi would make the beeesssst flf character.
it isn't so much "people getting banned for asking Cher questions", but if she feels she's made all the statement she needs to and someone continues to press when she no longer wants to talk about it, I've seen it happen. I don't remember if the person was actually banned, but I know she threatened to. she may feel like someone continuing to ask/push and questioning why an acceptable word was replaced with one that isn't is accusing her of being homophobic, and that would certainly be enough to ban someone.

this censor isn't a ban though. it simply gets replaced, so there would be no "I can't name my pet this word", it becomes "how come that word was changed?" and I don't think anyone expects EVERY slur to be censored, but it isn't out of line to expect the most commonly used ones to be.

also, I'd like to ask that anyone who isn't a lesbian not use dyke. it isn't just "a type of lesbian", it isn't like butch or femme, it's a violent slur that hurts all of us and is for us alone to reclaim.

gay is only used negatively in the same way lesbian is. a straight person can spit those words at us with venom in their tone or use it to hurt someone else (by calling them gay/lesbian), but that doesn't make it a slur or a negative thing to be. the history of "homosexual" though, would actually make it fit the definition of a slur, and therefor makes no sense as to why it'd be replaced.

what's an flf character? and what's the quote? I'm eager to learn more about her tbh, esp since it's gonna take so long before I can meet her.
Jeunesse
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

i think you'd really like kasumi anon, even if you do have to play for awhile until you meet her. she's a teacher who teaches basic english and writing to the village kids-- which is already cool on its own, but she also trains herself in martial arts, like you can actually watch her train with a naginata, it's looks so cool... like she belongs in a rune factory game instead lol

other than that she can be a little stern and no nonsense, sorta a female equivalent to ford.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Jeunesse wrote:i think you'd really like kasumi anon, even if you do have to play for awhile until you meet her. she's a teacher who teaches basic english and writing to the village kids-- which is already cool on its own, but she also trains herself in martial arts, like you can actually watch her train with a naginata, it's looks so cool... like she belongs in a rune factory game instead lol

other than that she can be a little stern and no nonsense, sorta a female equivalent to ford.
so I've heard. I adore Impa (and how gay she is lol) in Hyrule Warriors, so having another female warrior who uses a naginata was exciting to hear. I seriously contemplated marrying her in a crosdressing file, but if she's gonna constantly remind me that I'm playing a male character by talking about how much she hates men, but made an exception for me, I think I'd rather just befriend her as a girl lol

besides, that's what fanfiction and fanart is for =P

sounds like I'm gonna like her as much as I hate him lol
Nurylon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:@blonde, account made. waiting for a mod to accept it so I can log in.
Nurylon wrote:Spoiler'd for quote length
Spoiler:
Woah now, why are we talking about getting IP banned for asking Cher questions now???

On 'gay' being blocked with 'homosexual', my take on it was that 'gay' being used as a slur is actually way, way more rampant, and so it was blocked to prevent its use as a slur. <<Homosexual>> still gets the point across in the 'correct' context, and in the 'bad, slur' context, it makes a fool out of the person who tried to use it.

it isn't so much "people getting banned for asking Cher questions", but if she feels she's made all the statement she needs to and someone continues to press when she no longer wants to talk about it, I've seen it happen. I don't remember if the person was actually banned, but I know she threatened to. she may feel like someone continuing to ask/push and questioning why an acceptable word was replaced with one that isn't is accusing her of being homophobic, and that would certainly be enough to ban someone.

this censor isn't a ban though. it simply gets replaced, so there would be no "I can't name my pet this word", it becomes "how come that word was changed?" and I don't think anyone expects EVERY slur to be censored, but it isn't out of line to expect the most commonly used ones to be.

also, I'd like to ask that anyone who isn't a lesbian not use dyke. it isn't just "a type of lesbian", it isn't like butch or femme, it's a violent slur that hurts all of us and is for us alone to reclaim.

gay is only used negatively in the same way lesbian is. a straight person can spit those words at us with venom in their tone or use it to hurt someone else (by calling them gay/lesbian), but that doesn't make it a slur or a negative thing to be. the history of "homosexual" though, would actually make it fit the definition of a slur, and therefor makes no sense as to why it'd be replaced.

what's an flf character? and what's the quote? I'm eager to learn more about her tbh, esp since it's gonna take so long before I can meet her.
Hnnn... I guess so. Maybe I'm just innocent in that I think it wouldn't have a real reciprocation unless it was said in a rude way. Was the example you're thinking of said here?

I agree that homosexual historically has been used as a slur more--heck I'm pretty sure the term was specifically coined by an English queen to be used negatively because of some politic mess..... euh, but when I mean 'gay' as a slur I mean when people say things like 'that's gay!' to mean things are stupid etc. Kind of like how words used to medically describe mentally ill people have also become slurs to mean 'stupid' and that's why they're not used in medicine practice anymore. Which has gotten me in some fights hahaha I grew up with an almost entirely mentally ill generation of my family, so it was suuuper medical to me always.

flf is female love female! So another word tense for lesbianism kind of. It's kind of in reclamation state, I think? I've seen the handful of folks who get mad about it because it was at one point used in (F)LDS (I don't know which one because folks who talk about mormonism on the internet are way too general, it's kinda frustrating tbh) conversion, but it seems to be used generally positively and is doing well from what I can tell. I've seen a couple folks here use it, for instance.
Here's the quote :3!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Nurylon wrote: Hnnn... I guess so. Maybe I'm just innocent in that I think it wouldn't have a real reciprocation unless it was said in a rude way. Was the example you're thinking of said here?

I agree that homosexual historically has been used as a slur more--heck I'm pretty sure the term was specifically coined by an English queen to be used negatively because of some politic mess..... euh, but when I mean '« homosexual »' as a slur I mean when people say things like 'that's « homosexual »!' to mean things are stupid etc. Kind of like how words used to medically describe mentally ill people have also become slurs to mean 'stupid' and that's why they're not used in medicine practice anymore. Which has gotten me in some fights hahaha I grew up with an almost entirely mentally ill generation of my family, so it was suuuper medical to me always.

flf is female love female! So another word tense for lesbianism kind of. It's kind of in reclamation state, I think? I've seen the handful of folks who get mad about it because it was at one point used in (F)LDS (I don't know which one because folks who talk about mormonism on the internet are way too general, it's kinda frustrating tbh) conversion, but it seems to be used generally positively and is doing well from what I can tell. I've seen a couple folks here use it, for instance.
Here's the quote :3!
it may have been a combination of the question itself and when it was asked. I no longer remember the topic exactly, but it was like if you could actually @ someone on here and right after talking about how awful it is that Marvelous is making up « Male Cow Poopoo » excuses to not add same-« Chicken Hugging » marriage ask Cher why she isn't censoring the slur. it has the implication that like Marvelous, her reasoning must be (or even just might be) similarly homophobic, and being that slander is against the user agreement, if Cher felt that person was trying to slander her, she'd have every right to ban them and no one would question it, which is what happened. (well, ether they were banned, or the threat was enough to shut that person up. I don't remember, and I'm not even sure I stuck around long enough to find out tbh)

I don't remember who coined it, but it's still way more offensive than gay. you can use "black" in the same way people use "gay", but we'd never think to censor "black" (even if the word didn't double as a color). but using your mental illness example, censoring gay but not dyke is like censoring stupid but not the r slur. one is WAY more offensive than the other, and the fact that it can be used in a hurtful way doesn't make it an inherently hurtful word like the other one is.

interesting. sounds like another version of "wlw" (women loving women/woman), which was made as a "umbrella term" for lesbians and bi/pan/w/e women. it kinda reminds me of "msm", which is "male « Chicken Hugging » male" which is basically the medical term for men who have « Chicken Hugging » with men (moreso as being like your typical medical term rather than one meant to harm someone like homosexual was used. in fact, if I recall it was made to replace homosexual as a medical term) but that's not particularly important.

what matters more to me (besides slurs being censored) is how friggin gay Kasumi seems to be. and even if she's not, she sounds friggin awesome, which makes me pretty excited for the rest of the game. I've been rather disappointed with the last few games, but this one really seems promising.
Lccorp2
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Edit: was asked not to kick the hornet's nest any further, regardless of how amusing it was.

I shall graciously acquiesce.
Last edited by Lccorp2 on Mar 05, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alolan-Snowpix
Banned: Spoiled Brat

Post  Posted:

damn. as much as I'd ~love~ to hear about how things like slavery, things that very much actually happened, are the same as "original sin", a thing that cannot be proven to have actually happened and to anyone not christian nothing more than a story, but tbh, I'd much rather talk about this governess she had, cause that sounds like a ship waiting to happen.

(and btw, being bared from certain forms of education, but not all, is still being denied education. especially when that thing being denied is something like the ability to write)
Lccorp2

Post  Posted:

[Deleted]
Pokiehl
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Don't know if someone mentioned it, but on Kasumi's first love event she makes it clear that she was bullied by boys when she was younger, thus the aversion to males overall, since it caused an effect on her personality.
I don't think she's lesbian, she just had bad experiences with men and shut herself to them.
I find her to be quite polite with me most of the time, even when her friendship was very low.

Iluka on the hand is a total jerk, I'm 100% sure she was supposed to be lesbian.
When I first started playing and saw being mean with my male MC for no reason I thought that was just her tsundere way of being, but then later I made a female MC and she was all kind and friendly to her at the first moment! :evil:

That alone made me lose all interest in Iluka, I love tsundere/tomboy personalities in Harvest Moon games, but Iluka is just unbearable.
I'm gonna get her to max friendship, see all her love events, then I'll marry her twin sister right in front of her, that will teach her a lesson about being a better person in life. :x :lol:
Alolan-Snowpix
Banned: Spoiled Brat

Post  Posted:

I mean, I was p badly bullied by boys in my childhood too, and I'm about as gay as it gets, so that's really not a real good indicator.

I am a lil worried though that you equate Iluka being a jerk with her being a lesbian....literally nothing about her read as lesbian to me, so if your only 'proof' that she's gay is that she's mean to boys really just sounds like you have a skewed view of lesbians.

Kasumi has many lesbian stereotypes attached to her which is why it was mentioned. Iluka just seems like a genuine tsundere-type to me, esp since these games have always had one, and I can't think of anyone else who fits that bill.
although there's more than just "tsundere", there's yandere, and like 3 others I can't think of off top my head. she could easily be one of the others that are similar to tsundere.

besides, it's not unusual for people to get flustered around someone they see as attractive, even if they don't know that person at all, and still end up in that tsundere mindset where they react to attractive people like a tsundere acts around their crush.

you'd be amazed at the myriad of ways people react when flustered around someone they find attractive. I legit know a girl who passed out when another girl wiped some ice cream off her cheek cause it set off her arrhythmia, and then at the hospital where they were observing her, they said she could go when her heart rate dropped and she was trapped there for hours cause the nurse that kept coming to check on her was also attractive and every time she saw her her heart rate would spike again. she didn't get to leave until that nurse's shift ended and she got a new one.

it really isn't out of the realm of possibility that Iluka's reaction is something like this. I can assure you though, it ain't cause she's gay.