* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 20, 2021 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Nikkicat94
  Post subject: Unlocking the Capybara?
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 5:16 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I have never really wanted a pet before in any Harvest Moon game until I set my eyes on the Capybara. I know I need to win either 3 animal festivals or 2 pet festivals, I believe, to unlock the little guy. Realistically, what is the easiest way to do this and long should it probably take? I was pretty terrible at winning festivals in the last game so I'm lacking a bit of confidence in this game as I near the end of Spring.

Kikki
  Post subject: Re: Unlocking the Capybara?
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 5:41 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I've found it very easy to win festivals in Trio. If I'm not confident in winning a Veteran or Expert level (I've done both in the first year, though, so it's not super hard, imo) with what I have on hand, I just enter on 'beginner' to take a lot of the criteria away. I lost a bunch of festivals in SoS in the first year... but haven't lost a single one in Trio.

Pet shows only happen once per year so it's quite a bit faster to win 3 animal contests, which you can do by the end of year one as opposed to having to wait until early in year 3.

Blue Leafeon
  Post subject: Re: Unlocking the Capybara?
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 8:48 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

I'm in winter of year 1 and I already have it unlocked, so it doesn't take long if you win the festivals.