* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Sep 18, 2020 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Anna_Lynn
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 9:14 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers

When you get a furmilliar, can you walk inside buildings with it? One problem I'm having is that I can't go inside a building if I'm walking my pets, which is pretty inconvenient if I'm doing postal carrier part-time jobs, or if I need to talk to a villager for friendship/buying something.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 9:20 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah, I've found dealing with pets in this game to be a huge hassle and so still only have one for herding purposes (plus none of the ones I really want are even unlocked yet...I wanted a weimaraner and I've got to finish off Dad Tips #3 for that, first.) I doubt that furmiliars work differently but it'd be great if they do. I want to take my pet with me to do treasure hunts and hopefully find some Thyme sooner or later but it's such a hassle that I can't go in anywhere to greet anyone when I do. :/

Anna_Lynn
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2017 7:33 am 

Bump (still curious!)

Ida
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2017 8:05 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Eh I can't answer this question because I'm not sure but what I do for my pet is I take him for a walk to my crops (in a different field), water my plants with him, throw a bone, talk to him, and then stop walking. I would take him everywhere if he could go into building but since he can't it's just a hindrance to go into town with him.

Freelance Wolf
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2017 9:34 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

If you'll give me a moment or so, I can make Tigs my Furmiliar and find out for you, but without saving of course.

UPDATE: NO, Furmiliars cannot enter houses still. Lame.

Anna_Lynn
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2017 9:45 am 

Freelance Wolf wrote:
If you'll give me a moment or so, I can make Tigs my Furmiliar and find out for you, but without saving of course.

UPDATE: NO, Furmiliars cannot enter houses still. Lame.

Noooo! Ugh, that sucks, but thanks for checking! : )

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2017 9:46 am 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

They also no longer do the work they used to do; maybe a gatherer will still do that, but my herding capy now just wanders around the house unless I am walking it.

Also, I am fairly sure we are married now.

Nurylon
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2017 9:49 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Laaame.
The whole house entering thing broke pets for me. I was so excited about having a giant bear mastiff following me around pre-game and now I barely care anymore :/
I don't think I could even see the furmilliar animal events without raising the wild animal friendship. But I barely want to raise it, and don't want to turn into a stupid beagel! :x I want to be a cool animal.

Last edited by Nurylon on Mar 11, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

brie204
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2017 9:50 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

irulethegalaxy wrote:
They also no longer do the work they used to do; maybe a gatherer will still do that, but my herding capy now just wanders around the house unless I am walking it.

Strange that, my furmilliar still does the herding. It takes him a little longer to do it then before, but he still does it.

Freelance Wolf
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2017 10:03 am 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

I don't understand why my pets can't enter houses, when I go into peoples' houses all the time and I see their pets roaming around.

irulethegalaxy
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2017 10:07 am 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

brie204 wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:

Strange that, my furmilliar still does the herding. It takes him a little longer to do it then before, but he still does it.

Maybe because I made my capy go live in my house? The game wouldn't let me put him back in the pet house.

brie204
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2017 11:09 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

irulethegalaxy wrote:
brie204 wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:

Maybe because I made my capy go live in my house? The game wouldn't let me put him back in the pet house.

No, my dog lives in my house. I see him enter my barne and coop around 07:00-07:15 to get the animals out and then he goes back into the house. If your capy doesn't do that, have check his pet house ? maybe his ability is not activated ?

Murasaki
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2017 11:32 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

brie204 wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:
brie204 wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:

No, my dog lives in my house. I see him enter my barne and coop around 07:00-07:15 to get the animals out and then he goes back into the house. If your capy doesn't do that, have check his pet house ? maybe his ability is not activated ?

Activate the inbred ability? What?

I made a herding cat my furmiliar and he left out the animals he took out of the barn overnight. So broke the furmiliar link. I'll wait for one of the gatherers to level up.

brie204
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2017 11:43 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Murasaki wrote:
brie204 wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:
brie204 wrote:
irulethegalaxy wrote:

Activate the inbred ability? What?

I made a herding cat my furmiliar and he left out the animals he took out of the barn overnight. So broke the furmiliar link. I'll wait for one of the gatherers to level up.

Here Directly from Cher's guide: You can stop a pet from doing its job by viewing its profile page in any Animal Notebook and then pressing the X Button on your Nintendo 3DS to disable (or enable) the pet's ability

Murasaki
Post Posted: Mar 11, 2017 12:49 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Huh. Didn't realize I had to turn that back on when it turned into a furmiliar. No harm done tho.

It's okay, I'd rather wait for my himalayan to get enough hearts someday. I can wait.