* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 20, 2020 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

LeBurns
  Post subject: 2+ star crops
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 5:26 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Fertilizer. Can you put more than one kind of fertilizer on a crop per day? Just to get the star ranking higher is it best to mix it up and use all the different kinds or to just focus on one type of fertilizer?

At the point where I need to ship a 2 star and I figured I'd start putting fertilizer on my tomato plants, but wanted to make sure I did it the most efficient way.

Thanks.

Kikki
  Post subject: Re: 2+ star crops
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 5:37 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

You can only use one fertilizer per day. Though the water fertilizer thing does change things...I haven't gotten it yet, myself.

LeBurns
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 5:54 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Is it better to just focus on one type to raise it up in stars, or should I mix it up best I can to get the stars to increase?

Pokiehl
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 6:11 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

LeBurns wrote:
Is it better to just focus on one type to raise it up in stars, or should I mix it up best I can to get the stars to increase?

From my experience, if you spread stats too much they will eventually lower to even out, unless a stat is maxed, when a stat is maxed, it will be locked and can't be reduced anymore (maybe only storms).

So pick a stat and max it, then focus on the other stats later.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 6:12 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Are you trying to win a festival with your crop? If so, check out what stats the festival will be judging on in the category you plan to enter and fertilizer for that stat (or stats) specifically. If it's beginner, ANY raise is good as it does not judge on theme and will take any points you have added to your crop into account. ALL POINTS added to your crop no matter in which stat will add to the star quality. I like sticking to one type of fertilizer at once because I get confused, otherwise. I have not noticed what Pokeihl said ever happening, so I don't know about that part.

If you're aiming to win the harvest festival, the bottom of this page is very useful to figure out how to do it. :)

LeBurns
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 6:44 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Working on the Farming Tips. I just finished the first one (though sis hasn't visited yet) and I figured I'd start on the second. One of the items in the second I need is the mailing of a 2 star crop.

I didn't figure I'd mess with this until I had the seed maker anyway, which I don't have. Regular lumber is hard to find as I've already chopped all my trees. Don't like buying it but I guess I've got no choice really.

Oddly enough I won my first crop contest (beginners) just using a potato with 12% moisture and 10% everything else. I was actually kind of shocked really.

HM_Jedi
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 7:22 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

One way to raise the crop attributes is growing ones that regrow....I grew tomatoes and raised my juicy as high as like 95%. I won the veteran level with it.

VictaGirl
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 3:25 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I got my 2-star crop for soybeans. They grow long enough

Pokiehl
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 4:19 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

If you water 2 times a day you automatically increase juiciness, that along with a manual fertilizer on a regrowing crop will get you a 2 star pretty easily.

Ladyjovia
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 5:38 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

I did a little trick in spring, that was not watering a crop so it stayed as a seed all season and just fertilized it... so I got a 90 in color for a potato... it was still only a star and a half.

I've read somewhere that if you rotate out the fertilizer, like every day a different type that works on the crop, it will increase the star rate faster... because just maxing out one won't get you a two star. and I only water once a day because i don't have enough time or stamina to water twice a day XD

Hisagiluv
Post Posted: Mar 06, 2017 6:46 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Pokiehl wrote:
If you water 2 times a day you automatically increase juiciness, that along with a manual fertilizer on a regrowing crop will get you a 2 star pretty easily.
This is what I did though I didn't really plan to raise to a 2* crop. I was more focused on the harvest festival. Pretty much just tended to a tomato plant and switched between two types of fertilizer.

CandyCoatedCute
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2017 10:46 am 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Kikki wrote:
You can only use one fertilizer per day. Though the water fertilizer thing does change things...I haven't gotten it yet, myself.

The water fertilizer counts as your daily boost, so you can't use regular fertilizer with it.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2017 10:51 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

But the super fertilizer water lets you up the quality of all stats at once, though a smaller amount. I'm going to switch to it when I can as I hate having to keep all types of fertilizer in my bag all the time. Trees I can take care of separately if they're not maxed out by then.

VictaGirl
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2017 11:42 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

You CAN use fertilizer with water fertilizer. You just have to fertilize first, then water-fertilize

Emurii
Post Posted: Mar 07, 2017 11:45 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

THANK YOU for the tip that watering twice a day auto-increases Juicy. I stopped watering twice a day to extend growing time to put more fertilizer on, but it sounds like that's actually counter productive. I should still have enough time before the Harvest Festival...