Makers

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

When do the various makers unlock? The reqs? ;-; what should I save? Thanks~
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I can't remember when they unlock, but here's what you'll need:

Liquid Fertilizer Tank (Just built mine--Love it!)
20 x Glass Stone
20 x Copper
15 x Gold
5 x Moonstone
1 x Orichalcum

Dairy Factory (Obtainable pretty early iirc--needed for Farming Tips)
30 x Iron
20 x Stone
20 x Milk

Winery (Needed for Westown Rank B Lock)
30 x Lumber
15 x Coconut
15 x Vanilla
15 x Rosemary
3 x Platinum

Seed Maker (also obtainable early for the 1st or 2nd Farm tips)
20 x Lumber
10 x Small Lumber
10 x Glittering Stone
3 x Topaz
2 x Ruby

Feed Maker
30 x Brick
30 x Lumber
10 x White Cloth

Fertilizer Factory
15 x Brown Cloth
10 x Iron
5 x Blue Cloth

Fermenter
40 x Solid Soil
20 x Black Lumber
15 x Shiso
5 x Jade
5 X Fluorite

Jam Factory
20 x Solid Soil
20 x Copper
15 x Thyme (I have no idea where to get this)
10 x Moonstone
5 x Gold

Textile Mill
20 x Black Lumber
30 x Black Stone
10 x Glittering Stone
5 x Silver

Grinder
30 x Brick
10 x Lumber
5 x Iron
10 x White Cloth
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote: 15 x Thyme (I have no idea where to get this)
Thyme is the bane of this game. Most of us are stuck trying to get enough for the fermenter needed to make dried fruit. It's rare, it's randomly found in Westown or thru pet treasure hunts (zero for me). Vendors won't sell it and it's just a pain when you see one that looks like thyme but it's actually chamomile. smh

I'm reduced to throwing snowballs to see if one is stuck inside one. Need 4 but I don't do the trade game so it's my personal goal and project.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote: 15 x Thyme (I have no idea where to get this)
Thyme is the bane of this game. Most of us are stuck trying to get enough for the fermenter needed to make dried fruit. It's rare, it's randomly found in Westown or thru pet treasure hunts (zero for me). Vendors won't sell it and it's just a pain when you see one that looks like thyme but it's actually chamomile. smh

I'm reduced to throwing snowballs to see if one is stuck inside one. Need 4 but I don't do the trade game so it's my personal goal and project.
Friend I HAVE like 4 of them. x3 They are THE WORST and not really sure why a game that's been generally more organic with less pointless artificial difficulty/hurdles would throw this at us.

By the thyme I mean time I complete the game I'm probably going to be pretty burnt out. There's a few little things that, while not game ruining by a long shot, have kinda hemorrhaged out some of my excitement. Don't get me wrong, the game is really good and fun and WAY better than the first SoS IMHO, but there are quite a few tiny things that are either glitches, unfortunate, or poorly worded and cause complications.
IH Zero
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I spent two whole seasons exactly one short of enough thyme, as the game decided to just stop spawning them at all. It took everything in my power to not punt my 3DS across the room after the 50 millionth time my pet failed to find anything on that one hunting spot.
BlueTrillium1
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

One more place to get thyme (not very useful, as you can only get 1 thyme a year this way) - Colin can give you one on your birthday. I got one this way (only took 3 reloads!). So in total I have 2 now heh xD one from pet treasure hunt and one from Colin.

Other question though - I've never even seen one single rosemary. Not one. Do they not spawn until Year 2? (I'm in winter Year 1 now). Actually... scratch that *found it on Thonky* (Yes, Rosemary is not forageable until Year 2, same with thyme actually for finding it on the ground).

Ah well I won't get my coconuts until Summer Year 2 anyway. Hopefully by then....
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Rosemary is all over Lulu after Year 2 Spring~Fall. Freaked out on Spring 31 when I had 14/15. Found the 15th on Summer 1 so conniption fit avoided.

Bergamot is pretty rare but I dunno what that's used for. Same for the other herbs. We just need more Thyme!

Let us grow them like we could in ANB and SoS dammit!!