The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 22, 2020 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 10, 2017 1:48 am 
Anonymous Fish

Hi! Just a quick question. I've been having some trouble trying to marry Ford because he won't accept the ring and only comments on it. It is currently...

- Winter of Year 1
- Ford's at a red flower/maxed hearts
- It is not a festival day
- It is sunny
- House is upgraded to level 3
- I am offering him the Wedding Ring from Westown
- Ford is not working (I've tried giving the ring to him while he's upstairs, walking outside, and downstairs but not working)

I'm not sure what else I could be missing, but any help would be great! Thank you!

Terra575
Post Posted: Mar 10, 2017 2:11 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Every guide I've read about marriage hasn't mentioned that it has to be beyond year one, but I guess that's possible, given that you've hit every other requirement that Cher lists on fogu, as well as the requirements I've read on other game guides. I have a feeling that's not the problem, though.
Are you sure that you've seen all of his events?

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 10, 2017 2:16 am 
Anonymous Fish

I've definitely seen all of his events up to the pink flower! I'm not sure what else it could possibly be, but I guess all I can do at this point is finish up the season and see if it lets me marry him. I'll just sporadically try to propose to him throughout winter to see if it works by chance until then!

Fishy
Post Posted: Mar 10, 2017 2:32 am 
Anonymous Fish

Maybe try upgrading your bed. You need the double bed to get married. I'm not sure if it comes automatically with the house upgrade, so check Ludus' shop.

~Milotic~
Post Posted: Mar 10, 2017 4:19 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

The double bed comes automatically with the house upgrades. Is your house level 3 or higher? I married ludus spring 10th of year 2. So i don't know if it works in year one and he did the reverse proposal on me.

Katherine1973
Post Posted: Mar 10, 2017 5:21 am 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

~Milotic~ wrote:
The double bed comes automatically with the house upgrades. Is your house level 3 or higher? I married ludus spring 10th of year 2. So i don't know if it works in year one and he did the reverse proposal on me.

Uh, the double bed does NOT come automatically with the level 3 house. It has to be built separately.

SakunoHaru
Post Posted: Mar 10, 2017 5:36 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Err double bed come automatically if you build your house into lvl 2 (when you can choose your house style), if you want the child you need to build lvl 3 house+king bed from Ludus.

I'm already marriage with Yuzuki lvl 2 house, and no upgrading bed. Cher must be make a mistake in the marriage guide.

PS:
Your starting house - lvl 0
First renovated house - lvl 1
Second renovate house (you can choose house style) - lvl 2
Third renovate house - lvl 3

Celestrian
Post Posted: Mar 10, 2017 5:42 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I am glad I knew this was a problem ahead of time. It would suck just a little if I had to wait until Year 2 but I guess it makes sense. I'll pay very close attention to all the marriage requirements.

Katherine1973
Post Posted: Mar 10, 2017 11:00 am 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

SakunoHaru wrote:
Err double bed come automatically if you build your house into lvl 2 (when you can choose your house style), if you want the child you need to build lvl 3 house+king bed from Ludus.

I'm already marriage with Yuzuki lvl 2 house, and no upgrading bed. Cher must be make a mistake in the marriage guide.

PS:
Your starting house - lvl 0
First renovated house - lvl 1
Second renovate house (you can choose house style) - lvl 2
Third renovate house - lvl 3

Oooooohhhhhhh, so the bed Ludus sells is for the kid, not marraige! Sorry for my post then, I didn't realize the bed I got was the double bed.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 10, 2017 11:52 am 
Anonymous Fish

Yuzuki proposed at the end of Year 1 but the wedding happened at the start of Year 2, so I'm not sure.