Watering Can Woes

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Is it just me, or is the 3 x 3 can randomly weird in watering. I'm not running out of water, I'm holding until it stops. I'm lined up. Yet sometimes it will either not water a group at all, or it will not water it fully. Just 1 or 2 in the whole 3 x 3 set.

Am I missing something? I'm so lost.
Ranranhinotori
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It is kinda weird, you need to be standing in a certain spot for it to water properly. I just recently got the one that waters 25 patches I believe and it uses up water so fast and some times it misses some or doesn't completely waters them, but it is super useful and waters a lot of spots and it doesn't use all the water if you have to water the missed areas or water the ones that didn't get enoug water
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

That's actually less convenient for me. :lol:

And the kicker is I'm lining up the same and what doesn't get watered doesn't add up. The middle and sides get watered for the first 2 rows but not the last. If it were line up issues wouldn't all the sides be missed and every time? And it fully water or not at all? That's what confuses me, especially the last part because if the water is hitting it and fully getting other parts why is it not fully getting everything it hits?

Seems kinda off and wonky and very unfortunate in that regard to me.
Ranranhinotori
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I had the horizontal 3 x 3 watering can, I noticed that if I stood on the line that separated the areas I tilled then it watered them horizontally like I wanted but if I was even a little off then it would water like a ninety degree angle. It is pretty wonky, I'm still trying to get used to the one I have now x.x
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Seems a little unfortunate. :/
Thanks for the input though, don't mistake my disappointment for blame to you in any way or something.

It's just... Confusing. Which is rather unfortunate since I was under the impression there weren't little tricky issues like this and not something I'm a big fan of or needing currently.

I know it probably a minor thing, but I really hate having to worry about things like this. What makes it worse is the inability to see what's being watered/the area because how the camera is. I'm not trying to troll, or start anything, or make a game vs game statement or this game suck one or whatever. This is something STV dealt with a little better, and I'm a little disappointed now to know my tools are going to be a wonky pain in my « Mr.Gourmet's hat ».
Pokiehl
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

3x3 worked fine with me.
My nightmare was the 3x1 area, I wanted to water a straight line and it would bend for no reason and water an "L" shape.

5x5 is where they joy is truly at tho, the new watering/rain animation is lovely, and you can go to the middle of the field and just water everything without worries.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Still trying to figure out my 3x3 too but I use the Super water so it's easy to make. May be wasting but watevs. Saves time and energy, imo.
eifel105
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I stand in the the far left or right corner and face my gal so she is looking diagonally across the 3x3 area. Unless I have a weird shape it works out pretty well.
BlueTrillium1
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I only just upgraded my can to 1x2 recently and that one is extremely wonky too. I will stand next to my field, in the middle of a side not a corner. My MC is facing straight in the direction I want it to go. But sometimes (often!) for absolutely no apparent reason it will water sideways instead - like, the field immediately in front of my MC and then one to the SIDE, instead of the second one in front of the MC in a straight line. Sometimes I spend more time trying to line up a shot than it would've taken to just water each plot individually. *sigh*
Darumy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Definitely difficult to work with. I have to waste time double checking all my plots haha, and i still sometimes get uneven growth. For 3x3, you have to stand basically exactly in the middle of the bottom middle plot to have it line up in a 3x3 grid.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

BlueTrillium1 wrote:I only just upgraded my can to 1x2 recently and that one is extremely wonky too. I will stand next to my field, in the middle of a side not a corner. My MC is facing straight in the direction I want it to go. But sometimes (often!) for absolutely no apparent reason it will water sideways instead - like, the field immediately in front of my MC and then one to the SIDE, instead of the second one in front of the MC in a straight line. Sometimes I spend more time trying to line up a shot than it would've taken to just water each plot individually. *sigh*
Darumy wrote:Definitely difficult to work with. I have to waste time double checking all my plots haha, and i still sometimes get uneven growth. For 3x3, you have to stand basically exactly in the middle of the bottom middle plot to have it line up in a 3x3 grid.
I line up the top or bottom middle, same way each time, yet sometimes it works right and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not getting consistent results, and that's the worst part.

I'm... Not really sure what would cause this, as this is the first game I've had these issues but... Given this is the first one I've had these issues I'm extra not happy with this. It feels finicky and wonky and... IDK maybe I'm being whiny and ungrateful and picky or w/e but I feel like that's a little more frustrating in newer, more 'polished' games. And going backwards in the tool feels like defeat.

Honestly, the old run and water of the previous SoS was better, if only for the fact that there weren't issues like this. I feel like there's something with the new grid/crop system of SoS that doesn't play well with this kind of tool upgrading.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I have very few complaints about this game, but the watering can and its dynamic watering area is one of them. WHY they give you upgrades like 1x2 and so on and don't have them actually LOCKED to that configuration.....aaaaarrrrggggghhhh.

I have the 5x5 now, and it's still the same thing...only the area is large enough that even zoomed all the way out, you can easily not notice that one corner didn't get watered. GAAAAH.
Emurii
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I have 1x2 right now -- with the issues with not watering evenly, can that be fixed by refilling your can prior to every watering?
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Emurii wrote:I have 1x2 right now -- with the issues with not watering evenly, can that be fixed by refilling your can prior to every watering?
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you running out of water in the middle of watering?

Otherwise refilling doesn't make much sense, and if that's the case watering's more broken than I thought... :lol:

In my case as annoying as it is it'd be easier to go back over than do that. especially in the basement given I'm using liquid fertilizer.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Zoom out map, approach from the bottom, be finicky with my positioning, and make sure the outline is good before holding the A button worked for me. I found that's the only way that let me be precise with watering with the 1x3 and 3x3 upgrades. The 5x5 pre-watering outline can't all be seen at once, but it waters so quickly that it doesn't really matter either.