(Event Spoiler) Literally just cried into my DS...

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Starrynight28
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

PeachyKeen wrote:
Nurylon wrote: It's pretty surprising to me how many folks like Colin o.o He seems boring to me compared to Alma or Sumomo(sp?) but I also just find those kids cuter. I don't actually know much anything about much of the kids...
tbh a little shocked you think Sumomo is more interesting than Colin. personally, i think Colin is by far one of the more interesting characters in the game, admittedly, i'm also a sucker for his design and family which helps his case lol.

idk, I like Alma and Schalk alright, Tatsumi and his bro are precious, but Sumomo really does nothing for me haha.
Also why is a 6 year old working in a shop and living alone in a dorm with a grown-« Mr.Gourmet's hat » man?
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Starrynight28 wrote:
PeachyKeen wrote:
Nurylon wrote: It's pretty surprising to me how many folks like Colin o.o He seems boring to me compared to Alma or Sumomo(sp?) but I also just find those kids cuter. I don't actually know much anything about much of the kids...
tbh a little shocked you think Sumomo is more interesting than Colin. personally, i think Colin is by far one of the more interesting characters in the game, admittedly, i'm also a sucker for his design and family which helps his case lol.

idk, I like Alma and Schalk alright, Tatsumi and his bro are precious, but Sumomo really does nothing for me haha.
Also why is a 6 year old working in a shop and living alone in a dorm with a grown-« Mr.Gourmet's hat » man?
i'm sure this wasn't intended to be funny but im sitting in my college's library laughing so hard at this comment right now.

but yeah seriously. child labor laws must not be a thing in HM. iirc, she does mention in dialogue that she is the same age as tatsumi who i see around being 12, but still...why is a 12 year old working in a shop and living in a dorm with a grown-« Mr.Gourmet's hat » man?
GemiMini
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Sumomo's very... typical. The cute clumsy girl who tries her best, a trope that's been overdone about a thousand times in the past year probably. Doesn't help that she's away for most of the time I visit Tsuyukusa and she doesn't have the charm that Tatsumi has. But tbh I thought she was around Yaichi's age pre-release and then I found out that she's closer to Tatsumi and I was like ???????
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I have a soft spot for smol hardworking girls and I think she's adorable but I wouldn't say she's my favorite. I think Alma and Colin are my favorite of the kiddies, but I haven't unlocked Tigre yet so we'll see what happens once I finally manage to do that
Lenna36
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Nate McCloud wrote:And I don't know who I feel sorrier for: Colin or Hector. Colin's a young child whose mother is dead...but Hector seems more broken up about it than Colin.
Well, I've seen it with my sister and dad. Colin may not even remember his mom. I know my sister doesn't remember what our mom was like. She was eight when mom died. Of course she grieved just like the rest of the family. My memories of her are actually a bit more negative. It could be that I was a teenager at the time and it affected how I viewed her. Out of all of us my dad remembers her the best. They were married for 20 years before she died. Their 23th anniversary was 22 days away at the time of her death.

As for Hector being an available bachelor, I have mixed feelings on this. One of his lines mention that he couldn't love another the same as his wife. It's the same thing my dad said when we were discussing whether he wanted to get married again. He never got into another relationship because that was his choice. Hector could be the same way. His deep love for his wife is preventing him from forming those feelings for another.