* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 20, 2020 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Code_Name_Geek
  Post subject: Help with sick animal glitch
Post Posted: Mar 13, 2017 6:40 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

So I've been experiencing a glitch where a sick sheep is sitting in front of the animal notebook and any attempt to use medicine causes the animal notebook to open, no matter how much I fiddle with my farmer's position. Has anyone else seen this or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Things I have tried:
-pushing the sheep
-moving the sheep to another barn ("sick animals cannot be moved")
-going to sleep
-saving/reloading the game
-going in and out of the barn
-moving the barn

I can't buy the bell because I'm not far enough in the game yet (does it even work on a sick animal?) and I also have no herding pets.

Normally I'd just let the sheep die and buy a new one haha but it's my little sister's file and she's quite upset so I'd like to save it if possible.

Anna_Lynn
Post Posted: Mar 13, 2017 6:48 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Might I ask how high it's friendship is? If the sheep has 5 hearts or less, I would sell it, and buy a new one. If your really early in the game, selling the sheep and buying a new one won't be a total loss of progress. (But that does suck, I've never ran into this glitch before)

Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Mar 13, 2017 6:56 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I don't think it's very high, I was going to try that once she calms down a bit. I wasn't sure whether a sick animal could be sold, but if it can that's probably the best solution. I can tell her the animal shop will heal it lol.

Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Mar 13, 2017 7:05 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Yeah you can't sell animals when they're sick so I can't see any way out of this. Sucks because one of her cows died already and she's convinced losing this sheep will "ruin her file" (dramatic I know).

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 13, 2017 9:29 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Have you tried moving around so that the sheep's name appears instead of the notebook or is the sheep so close to the notebook that it's impossible for its name to appear?
(I know that when I'm feeding treats, the name has to appear or else my character just throws it and then I have to make her pick it up.)

Panda Parfait
Post Posted: Mar 13, 2017 9:35 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I had a sheep get stuck in that exact spot and she eventually moved away from it on her own by me just standing in the barn for a few minutes, have you tried that?

Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Mar 14, 2017 4:56 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Have you tried moving around so that the sheep's name appears instead of the notebook or is the sheep so close to the notebook that it's impossible for its name to appear?
(I know that when I'm feeding treats, the name has to appear or else my character just throws it and then I have to make her pick it up.)

Yes, I know what you mean about the name and it does appear that the sheep is too close to get the name to appear.

Panda Parfait wrote:
I had a sheep get stuck in that exact spot and she eventually moved away from it on her own by me just standing in the barn for a few minutes, have you tried that?

I did, but I think it won't move because it's sick? None of the other animals have gotten sick yet so I'm not sure if that's why it won't move.