* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 31, 2020 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Anonymous Fish
  Post subject: Older music
Post Posted: Mar 15, 2017 2:52 pm 
Anonymous Fish

I made this thread to find out what all older music this game uses! When I first heard the DS theme for the Goddess Festival, I got really nostalgiaic :lala: , and now I'm curious what other music they reused.

Cesletumi
  Post subject: Re: Older music
Post Posted: Mar 15, 2017 3:04 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

They also play a remixed version of the Bluebell theme from ToTT in some cutscenes; I can't believe it's already been 6 years since it first came out, haha.

memesama
Post Posted: Mar 15, 2017 3:05 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Other people have mentioned that the Festival of Plenty uses the music from AWL, but I wouldn't know if thats true since I've never played it. Other than that, I'm not sure if there's any other returning music.

Celestrian
Post Posted: Mar 15, 2017 3:07 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

memesama wrote:
Other people have mentioned that the Festival of Plenty uses the music from AWL, but I wouldn't know if thats true since I've never played it. Other than that, I'm not sure if there's any other returning music.

I can confirm this since I've been at the Festival of Plenty

HarvestPuzzler
Post Posted: Mar 15, 2017 7:14 pm 
Anonymous Fish

I love it how the game designers decided to use the older music! It brings back memories... :)

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 15, 2017 7:28 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Cesletumi wrote:
They also play a remixed version of the Bluebell theme from ToTT in some cutscenes; I can't believe it's already been 6 years since it first came out, haha.

I love hearing it every time something happens. Must've heard it a lot today.

Anna_Lynn
Post Posted: Mar 15, 2017 7:35 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

For love events, they sometimes use previous game music used for the heart events. So far I've heard remixed versions of HMDS heart event music, and (I think?) TOTT flower event music.

Although this music in particular isn't that old, the festival competition music with Stephanie MC is a remixed version of the fashion fiesta from SOS, and boy is it as groovy as ever, lol. It's probably my favorite music piece in the game.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2017 9:10 am 
Anonymous Fish

I've noticed some remixed music from Grand Bazaar in there, too! For example, the first event theme that we hear is a remix of the Winter theme from GB. I'm pretty sure I heard the Fall theme remixed somewhere too, but I can't recall where/when it played.

PokeFarmer
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2017 11:01 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Cesletumi wrote:

Aw, I love the Bluebell music. And 6 years? Geez.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2017 5:18 pm 
Anonymous Fish

I could swear in SoS, they actually remixed some of the seasonal themes from ANB for events and stuff. Like, I think confessions and some flower events remixed the fall theme from ANB? And I could swear ANB let you play the New Year's/Starry Night/Love Event theme from SNES, which was always one of my favorite tracks. (Though I particularly love the remixes of the seasonal themes you get in ANB when you go somewhere on vacation - the remixed fall theme in the Ancient Ruins is really pretty.)

Hopefully, there's some remixed music in here I'll recognize, too! I like that they do that with newer games, and they go all the way back to the SNES days sometimes. Feels like a love letter. I get the feeling they may have hit a slump for a bit, but something changed and reinvigorated the folks at Marvelous lately, and they're really getting back into it.

FoolishGhoul
Post Posted: Mar 16, 2017 6:17 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I know they've brought it back in the last SoS, but it still makes me happy that they brought back the AWL sound effects for a lot of things <3

Anon
Post Posted: Mar 20, 2017 5:49 pm 
Anonymous Fish

The song played in The 3 Childhood Friends, Part 3 sounds like a softer version of the summer theme from ToTT

PokeFarmer
Post Posted: Mar 21, 2017 9:47 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Anon wrote:
The song played in The 3 Childhood Friends, Part 3 sounds like a softer version of the summer theme from ToTT

Omg, I didn't notice. It sounds very different in the event though.