* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 20, 2020 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

FaerieFarm
  Post subject: Repeating text boxes
Post Posted: Mar 14, 2017 8:54 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

This isn't exactly game breaking but, has anyone gone through some of the villager's friend events and found that some of the dialogue repeats itself? At first I thought maybe it was just me not paying attention since I usually have shows running in the background while I play such a lax game like this. But I started noticing it more. I thought maybe I hit a rewind button (like some dating sims have) but I don't think this game has that feature. It's always just two text boxes worth of dialogue that repeats itself but then the cutscene goes on like normal thank goodness. It would really be a bummer to get into an infinite loop of repeating text.

Just sort of curious to see if anyone else had noticed this. Once again, not really a big deal because it doesn't crash the game, force you to reset, or make the game unplayable.

The Ninja
  Post subject: Re: Repeating text boxes
Post Posted: Mar 14, 2017 8:56 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I haven't encountered this but I've heard of other people having the same issue.

rava_ananaso
Post Posted: Mar 14, 2017 9:01 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I had it happen to me once, during Alma's friend event at the beginning of it. If it had been in a loop and I would have had to reset, I would have been pissed since I often forget to save often.

FaerieFarm
Post Posted: Mar 14, 2017 9:43 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

It's happened to me with Alma, Megan, and Hector's friend event. That I remember anyway. Nice to know I'm not crazy and other people notice it too. Thanks!

BlueTrillium1
Post Posted: Mar 15, 2017 6:05 am 
Anonymous Fish

I've only seen (or noticed, anyway) it happen once in my game so far. It was that event with Marco where you help him catch a huge fish and then you cook it together. xD Brad had two lines that repeated towards the end there. It was really odd but yeah thank goodness it's at least not an infinite loop! That'd be game-breaking.

Kam
Post Posted: Mar 15, 2017 8:22 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

i noticed it in a couple of events (iirc, it was the one where alma makes mud noodles for her dad, and one of the ones with colin and his dad). i found it a bit funny

JunkerFarmer
Post Posted: Mar 15, 2017 9:00 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

I've had it happen a couple of times- I think in one with Hector and the one with the big fish? And the one where Carrie cooks sand tarts as well. It's nothing major, and I just brush it off. (Actually, sometimes I accidentally click through text boxes too quickly, so it's actually kinda helpful for me at times.)

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 15, 2017 1:52 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

This has happened to me multiple times. Three or four events, I think, but I specifically remember Brad saying two of his lines twice each in one of the resident events...I think it was Marco's, but it might have been Carrie's or even Brad's own. It'd be nice if my memory was more exact, but...it's not.

Mecha-Lollipop
Post Posted: Mar 15, 2017 2:38 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

It has happened twice. Once with Brad and once with Frank. Confused me for a second but not a big deal over all. Though if we tell XSeed about glitches they may be able to fix some.

Tabby935
Post Posted: Mar 17, 2017 10:09 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

This has happened to me in more events than not. it's really getting on my nerves and takes me out of whatever event is going on. hopefully a patch comes out to fix this, because it is just incredibly annoying to me.

OctavieKnite88
Post Posted: Mar 20, 2017 5:42 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

FaerieFarm wrote:
This isn't exactly game breaking but, has anyone gone through some of the villager's friend events and found that some of the dialogue repeats itself? At first I thought maybe it was just me not paying attention since I usually have shows running in the background while I play such a lax game like this. But I started noticing it more. I thought maybe I hit a rewind button (like some dating sims have) but I don't think this game has that feature. It's always just two text boxes worth of dialogue that repeats itself but then the cutscene goes on like normal thank goodness. It would really be a bummer to get into an infinite loop of repeating text.

Just sort of curious to see if anyone else had noticed this. Once again, not really a big deal because it doesn't crash the game, force you to reset, or make the game unplayable.

Yup, it's happened to me with Alma mainly...and I think Wayne, Komari and Carrie? It's definitely not your imagination

Celestrian
Post Posted: Mar 20, 2017 5:48 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

It's happened to me several times. I forgot which events, though.

Nurylon
Post Posted: Mar 20, 2017 5:53 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Yeah, I've noticed this. Brad dialogue, during Megan's event, and... Alma did it, but her portrait had a little music note during the second time she said her thing, so I think Alma's was a localization blip more than anything i.e. made way more sense in the Japanese version? I can totally see a kid sing-songing something over again that they just said in a normal voice, anyway.