* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 29, 2020 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Zellie
  Post subject: Pets
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2017 10:27 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

There were a few other threads that had questions about the pets but none that were just for talking about them so I wanted to change that!

I really love the pets in this game, though a few of the models look a little wonky most of them are downright adorable. Plus the choice to own so many and how their abilities aren't species locked or anything is great! The slow affection gain/leveling is a bit of a gripe, but they're very low maintenance to balance that.

So what sort of pets do you have in your game? What are their names? Is there a name theme among them? Do you have a furrmiliar? Have any funny stories or headcanons about your pets? Just wanna gush about them? Share here!

Saffy
  Post subject: Re: Pets
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2017 10:40 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers

I have two dogs and two cats and two Capybara's!!

I actually have a really generic naming scheme but I have no shame in it lol. My cats are a koneko and nekomi. A main coon and a gray cat.. Thingy... xD Koneko is my familiar :heart: and she has won 2 pet shows :heart:

My dogs are a collie named kori and a husky named Hasuki :heart: I recently adopted them along with the Capybara's :bunny: I've been walking and playing with them alot daily along with treasure hunting :lala:

Nurylon
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2017 10:57 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

I have two giant!!! dogs (a Pyrenees and a Mastiff); a Shiba since their little cream dots are super cute; and a Calico cat who reminds me of my housemate's cat who is the best most wonderful kitty I love her very much.
They're all named after food! My Pyrenees is named Somen for Sōmen noodles; the Mastiff is named Umeplu, for the Ume plums; Shiba is Matcha for the best tea and ice cream flavour~; Calico is Lomein for, well, lo mein. My regular farm animals are all named after food, too. And my farmer. Can I still say even my spouse is named after food? I mean Inari, Inarizushi, hnn hnn~....

I don't do very much with them, embarassingly--I don't have a house pet (they sit in front of the door), and I don't normally pet them, and once I forgot to feed Somen and Matcha for two weeks and they got fat only a bit before the Pet Pommerade....--but I do make sure that they have their Pet Play farm circle to keep them at least a little enriched!
Somen and Matcha were my first two pets, and accordingly are my herders. I got Umeplu and Lomein later, because I just really love those two pet breeds... but I didn't really *need* them for anything. They're both ore gatherers; sometimes I take them on walks to try and raise their skill level when I'm fishing, but recently not because I want to be able to ride my horse. The Mastiff and Calico are also the main pets that I've considered making my furmilliar, if I decide to do that fun little feature, but they only have one heart right now.

Also, hello welcome to the forums, Zellie! I really like your avatar, the colour coordination is so pretty >w<

Saffy
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2017 11:05 pm 

^naughty lol. Don't starve the poor babies :lol: Ooh ooh!! You made me remember to add something..

I have pet fun zones one, two, and three and they love it!! My dogs go crazy with them lol. I am doing so well with them that they are already at 2 hearts almost :heart: 3 hour walks are actually really fun and not grindy feeling. I am glad the farm tips and such are done so we can spend this much time together :heart:

quigley
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2017 11:19 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I love your pets' names, Nurylon. ^^

I have a Pyrenees named Oscar (just seemed like a fitting name) who's my furmilliar. I love waking up to his happy face, and now whenever I go near him he rolls over like he's asking for a belly rub. I wish you could give you dogs belly rubs (not cats, though, unless you wanted your hands mangled). When I try to pet Oscar while he's rolled over, he immediately gets back up like when you pet big dogs normally.

I also have an orange tabby cat named Jinja, 'cause she's ginger and a ninja.

I just got a brown capybara named Rhoda (short for....Rhodent).

Can I just say I love how the pets (especially the dogs) jump? When I see my giant Pyrenees leaping over the fences to herd the animals, it always puts a smile on my face.

What's even funnier is if you bring up your menu while they're jumping over the fence. They stop moving forward and just keep bouncing on the fence. Try it, it's hilarious! :)

rava_ananaso
Post Posted: Mar 24, 2017 11:30 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I love my pets! I have eight currently and I'm going to eventually get the max of twelve, aha. It seems to mostly just be common to just have a couple pets, based on when I view people's profiles from their pets wandering around in my game, but I love seeing all my pets everyday. The ones with high friendship come at you with musical notes. :lala: :heart:

I mostly name them after irl pets of mine, simplifying a few to fit into the six character limit. There's Skiper (Bernese), Ziggy (Chihuahua), Dan (Shiba), and Ringo(Jack Russell), and then my cats are Daisy (Calico), Pearl (Maine Coon), Grey (Grey Shorthair), and Bill (Black cat). The only ones not named after irl pets is Dan named after a Youtuber, and Pearl is just random, but love that name. She's my furmiliar, since a glitch prevents me from using Daisy, my beautiful calico cat. But Pearl is still my second favourite, so all's good. :heart:

The other pets that I want to eventually get are the three extra pets that my spouse reacts to after the dlc comes out, but since they don't react to the additional three yet, I've been lazy and keep forgetting to purchase them. I guess I don't have good names yet.

Kitsuneko
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2017 12:11 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

I really like the pets too. I have a chihuahua, a white cat, a black cat, and a capybara -- the white cat is an ore finder, while the other 3 are herders. I really wish we could build a bigger pet house to keep them all with a proper roof, or allow all of them to move into your own house.

Anyway, yeah... getting a pet past lv6 for the herding jobs take a while. And just today, after 1 year and 3 seasons with feeding and holding them everyday that it finally reached lv7, and is able to herd 7 animals. I also played with them when I have spare in game time to increase it further.

I have 7 livestock animals on my main farm (4 cows and 3 chickens) and the chihuahua is able to herd them all. While on the southern farm plot, I have 8 livestock animals on it (2 alpaca, 2 rabbits, 2 sheep, a llama, and a buffalo). The black cat and capybara are at lv4 for each at the moment, so they're able to split the job on herding them all out.

I also made the chihuahua my furmiliar. It's pretty silly, but I really like it with these events involving it and random animals. Yay random pet adventures.
Spoiler:

Cal
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2017 3:56 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I have one pet so far, a Great Pyrenees named Iekika!! All of the animals named on my farm are Hawaiian names.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2017 4:20 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I have a beautiful silvery weimaraner with bright blue eyes, all slim and pretty when it runs...but I haaaate the way they draw the dog sitting. It's like it's front legs are snapped and have rusty hinges that can't go all the way down, too. Yuck...

Zellie
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2017 5:52 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I love reading all your guys' different pet set ups :heart:
And I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who enjoys the pet system so much! I just bought the first pet playground farm circle and watching Teddie, my bernese pup, play on it gave me a ridiculously goofy grin, it's so cute!

I also can't get over how cute the cat meow is-- I have a house pet himalyan cat and every morning when I pick her up and put her down for the affection gain, the little squeaky mew she makes :lala: Makes me wanna get a cat myself!

(and thank you for the greeting & compliment nurylon!)

Last edited by Zellie on Mar 25, 2017 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

DreamDictionary
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2017 6:34 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

So far, I've got a Great Pyrenees, Fluff, for herding and a Siamese cat, Sebass. It would have been Sebastian, but character limits y'know. My cat is still only at a few hearts, but I'm planning on making him my furmiliar. Until then he's my ore collector. Fluff's pretty useful, though sometimes she derps out and somehow gets stuck in between the fences for my barns.
My favorite part about the new pet system by far is the walking feature since I can just call them over if I need anything. The pets last game would wander around the farm and I hated having to wait until my cat was done with sleeping on a roof just to play with it.

Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2017 7:16 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I only have a Great Pyrenees named Alpine so far but I'm planning to eventually have the limit of 12 pets, much like my house in real life! I'm super excited about getting capybaras because I've wanted a pet capybara for a long time and they're like giant guinea pigs.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2017 8:26 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Speaking of how SLOOOOOW it is to raise pet affection...

Besides the cat or dog king statues (can't remember which) and petting/playing with them, the only way I know of to increase pet affection is the 'essence' potions...but I don't know how they work. My feMC ate one and then her dog followed her around (even when not on a leash) but...it didn't make any other indicator? Does anyone know how they work? How much affection they give?

And taking a walk with them...does it do anything? Other than let you treasure hunt with them, of course. Does it help build skill or affection or anything? I'm thinking it doesn't, but I'm not sure how to tell.