Ford's Post-Marriage Event

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
BriarRosethorn
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Fogu says in addition to having the third house upgrade and the King Bed, I need to see a post-marriage event with my spouse before I can trigger the pregnancy event. I'm married to Ford and the guide on Fogu says his event triggers by walking into the farmhouse after 7am on a sunny day after you've been married for 31 days.

Well I've done that on multiple days but nothing's ever happened; however, I did see an event with Ford roughly a season after we got married but it didn't happen at 7am from me walking into the farmhouse. The event happened in the middle of the night after I went to bed.
Spoiler:
Miranda woke us up in the middle of the night, banging on the door, saying she needed a doctor to come help Noel because she was very sick. Ford asked me to come with him in case he needed a hand with anything.

We went to Miranda's house and Ford diagnosed Noel with a high fever. He had me make her some food and wet a few towels to try and cool her down to break the fever.

Ford eventually concluded that Noel would be fine with rest but to call him back if anything changes. Miranda thanked us and we went home. Ford apologised to me for having to get out of bed so late on account of him and warned me that because he's the only doctor for miles and I'm his wife, this sort of thing is likely to happen again, but I assured him I was fine with it, which he was really touched by. He hugged me and told me he loves me and is glad he married me.
Was that the post-marriage event Fogu's talking about? Have I already seen it or do I still need to keep trying to trigger the right event by walking into my farmhouse after 7am?
Ilmoran
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

That was the post-marriage event for Ford.
Nurylon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Oh nice!
You're still working on getting the Wool+ and Flax for your King Bed, right Rosethorn? So that means we don't have to have the King bed in order to see the spousal event?
Thank goodness, really. I didn't want to have to wait for super forever i.e. an in-game year after the DLC is released to see Inari's spousal event ;w;
BriarRosethorn
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Nurylon wrote:Oh nice!
You're still working on getting the Wool+ and Flax for your King Bed, right Rosethorn? So that means we don't have to have the King bed in order to see the spousal event?
Thank goodness, really. I didn't want to have to wait for super forever i.e. an in-game year after the DLC is released to see Inari's spousal event ;w;
Yep! You're right, Nurylon. :) I don't have the King Bed yet but I saw Ford's post-marriage event anyway.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That means once you get your king bed you'll be all set!
BriarRosethorn
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:That means once you get your king bed you'll be all set!
Yup! So happy, been working my butt off for that dang bed for a while now, ha! I just unlocked soft fields, too, so I can grow the cotton and flax twice as fast now.