* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Sep 18, 2020 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

MoDiggity
Post Posted: Jul 14, 2017 7:59 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Hi all!! I'm new to the game, but I mine nearly every day trying to get amethyst to upgrade my hammer for the second time. I have yet to receive a single piece of amethyst. I've raised in West town to B and I have over 50 farm circles and it's not even available for me to buy at the log house. Do I have to have 50 different types of crop circles ?? Can anyone help me get amethyst ?? I feel like I'm stuck in the game because I cannot in mine the other nodes without a more effective hammer. Thank you!! My town is called MoTown Farm.

Tabby935
Post Posted: Jul 14, 2017 8:50 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

if you wait 3 days between mining, you have a better shot at getting higher quality materials. mining every single day usually just gives me rocks, lol. hope that helps! :)

Katherine1973
Post Posted: Jul 15, 2017 8:11 am 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

And you can always do the save/reload trick. Just save your game before hitting the mining node, and if you don't get what you want reload and try again. It might take awhile, but eventually you'll get what you need.

Celestrian
Post Posted: Jul 15, 2017 9:50 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Wait.....three day waits can give you higher quality stuff? I didn't know that was a thing. This is handy knowledge. Lol

Kikki
Post Posted: Jul 15, 2017 10:06 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

You can find how waiting can improve your mining chances here: http://www.thonky.com/story-of-seasons- ... wns/mining

You can only get amethyst from 3 of 5 mining nodes. It is not possible to get it from the node under the Post Office (not the blue one beside it but the plain one under that), nor the node beside Ford's clinic. If you have a hammer with one effectiveness upgrade, then your only way to get amethyst is to mine the black node you find on the staircase on the way up to Ford's clinic, which has a high probability of giving you amethyst if you've waited three days (or more, of course) since the last time you mined it, but has LOW probability of giving you any amethyst at all if you mine it every day or even every other day.

The other two nodes can't be mined until you have the third upgrade on your hammer so no need to bother with those. Hope you get your amethyst soon...one should come out pretty easily if you wait the needed three days, but I also recommend saving first for some extra chances, just in case.

MoDiggity
Post Posted: Jul 15, 2017 6:23 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Tabby935 wrote:
if you wait 3 days between mining, you have a better shot at getting higher quality materials. mining every single day usually just gives me rocks, lol. hope that helps! :)

Thanks I'll try that !!! :P

MoDiggity
Post Posted: Jul 15, 2017 6:48 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Kikki wrote:
You can find how waiting can improve your mining chances here: http://www.thonky.com/story-of-seasons- ... wns/mining

You can only get amethyst from 3 of 5 mining nodes. It is not possible to get it from the node under the Post Office (not the blue one beside it but the plain one under that), nor the node beside Ford's clinic. If you have a hammer with one effectiveness upgrade, then your only way to get amethyst is to mine the black node you find on the staircase on the way up to Ford's clinic, which has a high probability of giving you amethyst if you've waited three days (or more, of course) since the last time you mined it, but has LOW probability of giving you any amethyst at all if you mine it every day or even every other day.

The other two nodes can't be mined until you have the third upgrade on your hammer so no need to bother with those. Hope you get your amethyst soon...one should come out pretty easily if you wait the needed three days, but I also recommend saving first for some extra chances, just in case.

I'm such a boob! I didn't even try that mine as I thought I had to have the second upgrade to do it!! Just got three of them!!! Thank you!!!!

Kikki
Post Posted: Jul 16, 2017 3:30 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

MoDiggity wrote:
I'm such a boob! I didn't even try that mine as I thought I had to have the second upgrade to do it!! Just got three of them!!! Thank you!!!!

No problem. :) I don't think it's uncommon to miss something with mining...like that not mining every day is actually the better option (unless you're specifically looking for one of the more common items, of course) For quite a while in my first playthrough, I missed the entire existence of one of the nodes (the one tucked away beside Ford's office. Poor Ford, that hammering must really be loud.)

Now that you have two upgrades, you can get stuff out of ALL the nodes, but you can't get mithril or pink diamond until you've upgraded one more time, and you can't get philosopher's stone until the last upgrade, iirc. Happy hammering. :)

Pachi
Post Posted: Jul 16, 2017 3:42 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

MoDiggity wrote:
Kikki wrote:

Same case here hahahaha it was Spring Y2 when I finally realized I could actually mine at the node by the stairs with the first upgrade hammer

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Jul 16, 2017 10:17 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Celestrian wrote:
Wait.....three day waits can give you higher quality stuff? I didn't know that was a thing. This is handy knowledge. Lol

Yup. From personal experience it's better to wait.

Granted, since I just added more animals, waiting to mine isn't bad.

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Jul 16, 2017 10:41 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

The more I read the more I realize how blessed I've been with the mine.

I've gotten so many glittering rocks and gems mining every day compared to what I see others talk about getting. I think the RNG is busted if I'm doing this well while this many people are having trouble. :lol:

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Jul 16, 2017 10:47 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The RNG personally hates me. Whenever I need something like glittering stones they don't appear however whenever I don't need them they appear.

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: Jul 16, 2017 12:45 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

See that's why I think this game's RNG is busted, cause normally rNG hates me so much. x3

Though as far as waiting there's enough things at least that you can start to kind early distract yourself from thinking about it. Still the RNG being a pain for so many makes me even more feel like we need both mining types. :lol:

Shoot at this point I'd like any little thing to give people a little more of a chance to get what they need and actively have a little control over it though. I mean beyond wait 3 days for better quality stuff. Old mining took a lot of prep but at least you could go to certain floors and much easier get things. There's got to be a middle ground.

princesszelda
Post Posted: Jul 16, 2017 5:52 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Kikki wrote:

I know this is super off topic but I have to say... you always give the BEST answers to peoples questions.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Jul 16, 2017 6:01 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

At least we can buy most gems.