What to do on your 2nd playthrough?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Tabby935
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Hello! I'm pretty much done on my first file, other than collecting the last bit of clothing from the town shops. I planned on doing another playthrough, but now i'm wondering if it's even worth it. With almost everything finished in my first file, what would even be the point of a second?

My question to you is, what do you plan to achieve in your second file? (or what have you done with your second file, if you have one already?)
Suzume
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I think the main thing people go for with their second file would be marrying someone else/ playing as opposite gender to see different events? Other than that, I'd say it's just for fun.

Personally, I haven't done a second playthough and probably won't for a long time; my second file is just a backup from before I started dating so I can mess around lol.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think I’m going to play as a guy once I get my game +/Get the outfit I want for the mentioned file.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

When the DLC comes out here in NA, my plan is to do NG+ with the "hardcore" mode personality in my file 2. I forgot what it's officially called, but I know it's the one that gives you 2 stamina hearts at the start, for a total of 7 by the end. Then I may marry Woofio, or remarry my original husband to see new events and dialogue.

For now, I'm just slowly cruising by to year 15 or so, hoping to unlock things from festivals. I find it annoying that you essentially "win" the same stuff in NG+, so I'm getting the nitty-gritty out of the way. I find working on trophies to be a fun pastime but that's just me, lol.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, the story goals will always be the same, but...I feel like my game gets built differently each time I play. I end up arranging my farm differently and concentrating on different crops, except the 'have-to-grow-it' stuff for requirements. In my second game I got all the fish but in the first I got almost none...hardly did any fishing. I often forget about cultivating fish.

Depending on if I give my game a theme or not...say having my farmer grow mostly tea bushes, or an orchard, or all flowers, I feel like each of my farmers is living a different life. They all wanted to be farmers....but one of them also wants to be a florist and arrange flowers and make wreathes for a living. Another one likes to grow food crops because they love to cook and they make most of their income from their fabulous food and preserves and cheeses. Another farmer is actually really into fashion and concentrates on textile crops and turning them into beautiful bolts of fabric.

I don't know if that makes sense, but I feel like I play a different game each time. The framework is the same, but the way my farmer lives and moves within that framework is always at least a little different. Plus the obvious part...they marry someone different. And in Trio my farmer tends to prefer one culture over the others, wearing mostly those clothes and making and eating mostly those recipes and growing mostly those crops, building their barns and coops and the house itself in those styles...already concentrated on Lulukoko and Tsuyukusa, but will get into Westown once the DLC is out.

Maybe it's not any different. But it feels different in my head, and that's all I need to be interested. Plus I'm always interested in starting a whole new file if I've not played the game in a few months...I miss it when I'm away long.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki have you tried writing these down? That’d be fun to read.

I totally have been working on my oc living with older brother Henry thing. I should write today.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've never tried writing anything down about my farmer's lives before, except in that one thread where I wrote what I figured happened the day Annika and Ludeus went in to have their baby and Ludeus put his back out because he insisted on carrying BOTH of his girls all the way home at once. (I can't remember what that thread was, though, but a bunch of people were writing small bits of fiction in it here and there) That was just a quick spur-of-the-moment thing...I haven't tried anything else in this vein. It's just always in my head as I'm working through a new file and choosing what to grow and what style of house to have and so on. :) I am always interested in a new file because I feel like I've created a completely different character each time and they'll want to do things quite differently from the last guy. (Girl.)

EDIT: It was the 'daughter or son? tell me about your family!' thread.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I use the second playthrough to go through as a guy and woo the girls. I also try to run my farm different than my first file. It's all really, to me, what you're willing to do in another file, but not wanting to risk your first file.
Lon Lon
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

The main plan for file #2 is...marry someone else.

I guess it's a good opportunity to use different themes for housing and generally do everything more efficiently than I did in my first time. Now that I know the game I won't make as many mistakes and know what to expect. With all that in mind, I could just take things easier instead of worrying about getting everything done.
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

i usually do the same stuff as the first file, but more efficiently since i've already figured out a farm set up and routine that works for me and the kind of stuff i do and do not need to hold on to, and i'll marry someone i wasn't patient enough to complete all the requirements/wait around for the first time
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

My plan for second file would be have my new MC to marry Ford. XD That is if I were able to finish my first file.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

For this one, the two previous games, and ones that don't have gender specific clothing, my second file is for another marriage candidate, and also just because it feels nice to start from the beginning again. After playing so far into a game, the beginning feels all nostalgic and I love that. I take my time and soak it all in. And then I either play better cause I know what I'm doing, or worse cause it felt easier when I had more things unlocked.

In a couple of other bokujo monogatari games, the second file is to play as the opposite gender if there's extra clothing options. I like clothing. And also, of course, for another marriage candidate.