Clothing?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
NiftyMusician
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

This may seem like a dumb question or whatever, but are the clothing easy to obtain? I just recently got this game (I love it so far) I’m seeing a lot of clothing I want, but they seem ridiculously hard to get (at least this early on). Maybe it’s just me...So does it get easier as I progress? How can I get the materials for these clothes this early on? Or will I be forever stuck with what few things I managed to snag already? It seems strange to make them available this early in the game if there’s no way to get the supplies easily. I’m still saving up just to get a bigger barn and a coop! Thanks!!
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

It does take a little while before you get easy access to materials.
I think the material shop in Westown starts selling plain colored cloth after increasing the link rank to C? (Not sure about that 100%)
Beyond that, you'll need to be raising your own animals to get all the materials and you'll need a sewing station to make them into the cloth you need.

The sewing station has some tough required mats as well. I'm not sure if this requires a spoiler tag but here's how I got my black lumber to make it.
Spoiler:
I recommend giving 2 offerings to Dessie every day (you can give one by handing it directly to her and one by throwing it in the pond). She'll eventually give you that elusive black lumber you'll need to craft the sewing station.
It wasn't until about year 2 when I was able to really start making the outfits I wanted. Before then it felt very difficult to scrounge up the necessary cloth. Of course I played the game at a fairly slow pace, so there's no reason you couldn't obtain them sooner, but even so it will take some amount of time.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The cloth is also tradeable.
NiftyMusician
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Ehppy, yeah I figured that it would be a while before I could get some clothes, thanks for all the info though, it’s helped (I’m givng gifts to Dessie now!).

And thanks, Shan! I might consider it once I have my feet on the ground in this game (I’m still fairly new ahah).