* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Sep 23, 2020 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

HarvestArtist
Post Posted: Apr 17, 2018 2:55 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

OK so, I was tending to my daily routine on my farm, minding my own business when some strange fanfare started playing.
It had happened when I was tending to one of my rabbits. It was playing with the Winter season BGM, so it was hard to hear. But it was playing, and the indication of a text box displaying "............." confirmed something was happening.

It stopped after an in-game hour had passed. It started at approx. 7.15-7.30am and stopped an in-game hour later.

I have checked all audio channels, and it was playing from the game itself.

More details:
I'm currently in Winter Year 4, it happened on the 11th day.
I'm still unmarried (DLC WHEN?!?!)
It appeared out of nowhere.

What could this mean? Has it happened to anyone else?

Tehya Faye
Post Posted: Apr 19, 2018 3:35 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Gotta admit - if something like that happened to me I'd be a little spooked. :lol: I wonder what happened?

HarvestArtist
Post Posted: Apr 19, 2018 8:01 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I actually have no idea.
I've checked the farm, I've checked the towns. Nothing.

That was simply the weirdest thing that has happened to me.

Bluie
Post Posted: Apr 19, 2018 8:30 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

This is some creepypasta « Cow Poopoo ».

Wooo, haaaaunted game caaaart!

Are you holding out for Woofio? Maybe the cart ghost applauds your patience and wanted to let you know you have good taste.

HarvestArtist
Post Posted: Apr 19, 2018 12:36 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Why yes.
And yes, I am aware there is still no DLC news for our side of the pond. ._.
GIMME MY DOG PUNS! And my notes. I need to update my notes.

Kikki
Post Posted: Apr 19, 2018 12:42 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It would be good if NoE could at least confirm or deny the possibility of the DLC. XSeed either knows nothing about it, or isn't allowed to say (I've asked them about it and they have no information to give.) Which makes sense since only Nintendo of Europe has the right to publish it over there. Still, a 'no' would be brutal, but for me I'd prefer even a bad answer to no answer at all for months and months. :?

Your game blip is not something I've ever encountered. Especially with it lasting for more than a single second...

HarvestArtist
Post Posted: Apr 19, 2018 1:22 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I'll be honest with you, that has never happened to me before, nor since.
And no one else has said anything about it, either. =\

Let's just pin down what had happened to a little blip in the code, which sorted itself out as I continued with what I was doing.
I'm going back on hiatus when Spring of Year 5 happens. I have a long to-do list in preparation for the possible DLC. I have set up all of the flags needed, and gotten a good chunk of gifts ready for both the DLC characters.
I just have a little backlog of Friend Events to work through first, and preparations to make in time for Spring, then work through the first day of Spring to set the year itself in motion.

Karry
Post Posted: Apr 19, 2018 1:42 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Kikki wrote:
It would be good if NoE could at least confirm or deny the possibility of the DLC. XSeed either knows nothing about it, or isn't allowed to say (I've asked them about it and they have no information to give.) Which makes sense since only Nintendo of Europe has the right to publish it over there. Still, a 'no' would be brutal, but for me I'd prefer even a bad answer to no answer at all for months and months. :?

XSEED is Marvelous USA, and NoE doesn't develop the games, they only produce them. I sent NoE an email about fixing some bugs in the European version with the release of the DLC, and they told me to contact Marvelous about it, which I did, and while their rep said he would send it on and get back to me, I haven't heard anything yet. If I do get info on the DLC, though, I'll definitely share.

It took about 6 months after release for NA to get it, so if we're going to get it, I'm hoping there will be news soon.

Kikki
Post Posted: Apr 19, 2018 2:22 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I know that NoE doesn't create the games, but neither does XSEED...they're a localizer, not a developer. They're just in part an American branch, making none of their own games...though Marvelous' games are not the only ones they localize, of course. I've discussed this with members of the localization team and this is what I got:

Wyrdwad wrote:
You'll need to ask the European publisher questions like that, I'm afraid! I can't really answer any of that, since anything having to do with the European publication of the game and its DLC is handled strictly by them at this point -- we have no real involvement anymore once the publishing rights have been handed over.

You can always try chatting at their forums if you'd like to try a different route for answers. They're pretty nice, ime. Calros posts there and he was a member of the Trio of Towns localization team. (Wyrdwad is a member of XSEED but I don't know if he was involved with Trio.)

HarvestArtist
Post Posted: Apr 19, 2018 3:03 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Welp, we've derailed the original topic, dangit.

When the deets get dropped, squeak. I'm somewhat going a little crazy.

Robinstar
Post Posted: Apr 20, 2018 9:06 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Oh come on, I really need someone to have an explanation for that oddity or I won’t be able to stop thinking about it. I haven’t gotten anything like that. But it’s been forever since I’ve heard something really strange happening in a bokumono game, so this could be potentially thrilling for me even though it sounded rather uneventful. I sounds creepypastas-ish, so I actually had a moment of doubt there.

Anyway, I’m imagining the text box looked like the ones that just kinda tell you what your character is thinking or what you’re clicking on, and not the actual dialog ones with a name or ??? attached to it? Like your character was acknowledging something was happening? Did the box pop up at the beginning of the hour, the end, or somewhere in the middle? Were you still moving around all that time like normal? Just stopping a moment for the text box? Did you have to click the text box away or did it go away by itself? I don’t know why, but the box is a lot more interesting than the music part.

Getaris
Post Posted: Apr 20, 2018 11:02 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Bluie wrote:

Are you holding out for Woofio? Maybe the cart ghost applauds your patience and wanted to let you know you have good taste.

That reminds me of a thing that happened to my brother while he played HM64:

Spoiler:

Bluie
Post Posted: Apr 21, 2018 4:12 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Getaris wrote:
Bluie wrote:

That reminds me of a thing that happened to my brother while he played HM64:

Spoiler:

....What is even going on here!?

Getaris
Post Posted: Apr 21, 2018 8:05 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Just a limbless body laying in a farm field with a distressed look in their face.

And a little kid putting them to sleep.

Normal stuff. :-|

HarvestArtist
Post Posted: Apr 21, 2018 9:02 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Robinstar wrote:
Oh come on, I really need someone to have an explanation for that oddity or I won’t be able to stop thinking about it. I haven’t gotten anything like that. But it’s been forever since I’ve heard something really strange happening in a bokumono game, so this could be potentially thrilling for me even though it sounded rather uneventful. I sounds creepypastas-ish, so I actually had a moment of doubt there.

Anyway, I’m imagining the text box looked like the ones that just kinda tell you what your character is thinking or what you’re clicking on, and not the actual dialog ones with a name or ??? attached to it? Like your character was acknowledging something was happening? Did the box pop up at the beginning of the hour, the end, or somewhere in the middle? Were you still moving around all that time like normal? Just stopping a moment for the text box? Did you have to click the text box away or did it go away by itself? I don’t know why, but the box is a lot more interesting than the music part.

It was a dialog box which tells me what my character is thinking (e.g. "This animal looks healthy and happy today" or "You received money from X") which was simply "................" which of course, went away by itself, as expected with that sort of dialog box.
It happened as the mini event took place, which was at 7.15am, so quarter of the way through the hour, and it did not end until 8.15am, so without pausing the game, a good minute real time. I had paused the game, purely in confusion, so it went on for a lot longer, as time is normally paused when I have the generic dialog box (talking to people, not fishing, oddly) up or when I have the quick access menu up (which is what I normally use to pause the game).
I was moving around as normal, as I had farm animals to tend to, like every morning.

I'll be honest with you, this was entirely unexpected. And nothing of note happened anywhere on the farm or within the 3 towns.
It's a mystery. A mystery that might never be solved, or seen again. Only by me. Maybe.
If that sort of thing happens to anybody else (highly unlikely), do squeak.