* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Sep 21, 2020 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: May 14, 2018 5:29 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

From what I've read people seem to believe so, yet quite a few people say just to make sure to check between 17:00-18:00. Which I do ever night, but sometimes neither or only one of my 2 cats will have something.

Now, they're based on special cats and goodness know I don't need the items really. (Or evil or neutrality or chaos if you prefer, who am I to judge? :lol: ) It's the icing on the cake. But when I thought about that I thought about a weird train of thought.

So let's say I like cake even without icing. But I have two friends that say they'll give me cakes with icing. But then sometimes neither do, and sometimes only one does. Sure, I can take them to the store (take them out to train up levels and gather), if I have time. But imagine if the icing is on a shelf you can't see on and you have to guide them to the shelf. Then, you have to hope the icing is there.

Basically, if it is intentional I'd like some confirmation if possible. I love my fake cats, but it's disheartening to keep hardly finding anything. The leveling is SO SLOW. :lol: I'm wondering because there's been random issues with indoor pets too, even after making sure to check that the job is on and I've seen conflicting reports on what indoor pets can and cannot do.

Tehya Faye
Post Posted: May 14, 2018 5:38 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

This was a point of frustration for me back when I first got a "finding" pet instead of just using the herding ones like in my first file. It seemed to work a bit better provided that I simply stood around near it for a little bit starting from 17:00, waiting for it to get an exclamation point, but it still doesn't have something for me every day. This is with an outdoor pet, too.

Last edited by Tehya Faye on May 15, 2018 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: May 14, 2018 5:46 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I get stuff less than I don't get stuff, waiting near them doesn't seem to help me out. Even checking without it, as sometimes they won't have the ! above their heads but have something. Which is another thing that makes me wonder about if pets are bugged.

Kikki
Post Posted: May 14, 2018 5:48 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I get items from my 'Finding Plants' pet almost every night. A red ! appears over his head right at 17:00 and makes an appearance again once in a while. (Always at 18:00 if I haven't already collected the items he brought.) The ! doesn't always appear when he has something, but usually does, for me.

He seems never to bring me anything on Sundays though, lol. I guess he's got the day off. But from the time I got him he's brought me something almost every night. He's finally at level 4...I hope I can speed through to level 5 so I can start getting thyme from him.

I am almost always nearby at about 17:00-18:00 because that's when I'm re-watering all the crops and putting away any animals that aren't covered by my herding cat.

Pets are known to have glitches, getting stuck while treasure hunting and so on. So who knows? All I can say is that I almost always get something from mine, so it must vary.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: May 14, 2018 6:06 pm 
Anonymous Fish

So has anybody tried saving before 17:00 so in case that they don't have items you can simply reload until they do? I'm always like, whatevs.

Kikki
Post Posted: May 14, 2018 6:09 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I haven't tried that, though I've considered it since saving and resetting when getting foraged items back from your spouse works...so it might work with the pet, too. But my pet is currently only level 4 and can't bring me what I want yet anyway so I haven't bothered to save in hopes of resetting to try again if I don't get anything good. It'd be worth trying once my pet is at level 5, though. :)

Mikodesu
Post Posted: May 14, 2018 6:38 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I got so frustrated with the item gathering pets that I bailed pretty fast. What little I can offer...it's POSSIBLE that it's a glitch related to the indoor pets deal. With my herding animals on my first file I had an issue where the indoor pet wouldn't herd ANYTHING. :shock: (I thought it was normal until file 2.)

If the problem cat is an indoor cat maybe get one specifically to have inside and leave your item gathering kitties as outdoor only? It might even help just to rotate them...since there's no real sure way to fix whatever glitch is causing this...and that would execute some new line of code that could possibly fix the problem.

ChaosAzerothCat
Post Posted: May 14, 2018 9:46 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Mine are both outside, and I make sure to stay up on trying to get stuff. Yet more often than not I get nothing. My 2nd cat just got up to lv 2 and my first is also lv 2. (I can't split the two up so neither is going to be an indoor animal, I just brought up indoor pets because I know I've heard they have issues for quite a few people.)

I seem to have the worst luck lining them up to do treasure hunts, so I'm not too keen to do them tbh. I usually waste a TON on time and still can't get it right. :lol:

It's disheartening.

EDIT:
I took my pet on a treasure hunt and it said they found an item that literally doesn't exist, and I didn't actually get the item.
I swear it said Moon Jelly, but that's not a thing and I don't have it. What the actual heck is going on with pets?!?!