* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Sep 21, 2020 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Atsu
  Post subject: Bachelor help?
Post Posted: May 16, 2018 1:48 pm 
Anonymous Fish

I am facing a bit of a crisis...I can't decide what bachelor to pick!

Why did X Seed have to make them all so darn lovable! Originally I was just going to go for Ludus and Hinata, but I have just unlocked Yuzuki and I have taken a shine to him, then I inadvertently triggered Wayne's Light blue heart event (I originally thought he was just a ladie's man, but can you resist that smile and dialogue??), and even Ford's first Friendship event was pretty adorable xD Don't even get me started on Inari!

So I have to ask for your opinions: Who did you pick and what were your reasons? :) Thanks! :D

PeachyKeen
  Post subject: Re: Bachelor help?
Post Posted: May 16, 2018 3:02 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Originally, I was going for Hinata, but his heart event rubbed me the wrong way so I went for Ludus because he's a daddy. In my other file, I'm dating Wayne bc boy gave me a cavity, he's so sweet.

Kikki
Post Posted: May 16, 2018 3:29 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It's kind of hard to give someone feedback on what bachelor to choose, because it's all just reports on personal taste. If we don't have some similar tastes, knowing what I like or think about the candidates would only be misleading for you rather than helpful.

All I can really say is that I married four of the six options (no wait, seven options if you have the DLC) you have when you play as the feMC. Ludus, then Yuzuki, then Ford, then Wayne. If I rank them by how much fun I had during the events, then...Yuzuki and Ford probably tie, then Ludus, then Wayne. If I rank them by how much I like them post-marriage, then...I guess probably Yuzuki, Ford, Ludus/Wayne. (In my Ford and Wayne files I have only so far played about a week beyond marriage so I haven't unlocked that much of their married-life specific lines, yet...just the starting ones.)

Overall, Yuzuki is the most my type, followed by Ford, whose events were often hilarious and touching at the same time. Ford is also the one who seems the most stunned and overwhelmingly grateful and dazzled by the fact that you love him, which is kind of endearing. (Though I haven't tried Hinata or Inari so I can't compare to them.) Yuzuki's events made me love him the most, though (his dark blue flower event totally won me, though I don't know that anyone else thinks that event is anything special at all), and he has that gentle spring-breeze aura and a poetic way of speaking sometimes (his line for when he's in the best mood is 'my heart is soaring today', for example. Everyone else speaks entirely in prose but Yuzuki breaks out the decorative language once in a while and I love that). Ludus is probably the very best to look at but I got bored with him the fastest of anyone after marriage, and Wayne is just as nice as any of them, and he's very sincere and not a playboy at all though he gives on that impression at first, but it's just...he's a cowboy mailman for some reason, and I really dislike country-western styles. I'd like him a lot more right away if he'd just burn that hat. I also find the written accent a bit over-the-top sometimes and it catches my attention in a way I don't like.

But that's based on my own quirks, so...I don't think it's very useful. My Yuzuki and Ford files were the most fun for me, anyway. Ford has great dialogue...so often funny :) Too bad about that forehead, lol. I also really like that when Yuzuki doesn't feel well/is having a bad day, he asks you to please spoil him. For whatever reason, I'm a lot more grabbed by the idea of being the one who spoils, rather than the one who is spoiled, and Yuzuki is, of all the guys, the one I felt most like I was taking care of. (Not literally like a nursemaid or anything, just...*shrug*)

Mikodesu
Post Posted: May 16, 2018 5:00 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

It seems like you've already done this...but my first suggestion would be to narrow it down as much as you can by who you DON'T want to date/marry.

Beyond that it kind of becomes arbitrary. Looks are obviously a factor. Last game I ended up picking by my favorite clothing reaction. Usually though it's a particular line of dialogue that I find particularly funny or endearing, or sharing an interest (since they're bound to talk about those more). With Trio I picked Ludus, the deciding factor being his civ engineering talk. No regrets either!

Atsu
Post Posted: May 16, 2018 11:25 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Yeah, I quite like Ludus a lot because he is a builder which resembles the job the guy I have a crush on irl xD Yuzuki seems quite endearing though too. I think I'll just play all of them up to their light green flower events to see which dialogue I like the most :D

It's nice to get your insight into what made you guys pick ^^ thank you!

Kikki
Post Posted: May 17, 2018 2:10 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

You can play them all through their dark blue flower events before you have to choose, so there's lots of material to go on by then. :)

Tehya Faye
Post Posted: May 17, 2018 4:38 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I always make sure to see all of the non-dating event dialogue before committing to anybody in these sorts of games just so I have the best idea of who'll be the best fit for that character. so rather than suggest anybody specific I'll simply second the comment above - pursue all those relationships up to the green flower event and narrow it down from there. :)

FoolishGhoul
Post Posted: May 17, 2018 9:38 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I do like all of the marriage candidates this time around, both boys and girls, but I wound up marrying Lewdus the Lewdest on my play through. I was torn between him and Yuzuki and waited until I saw both of their flower events until you need to start dating them to pick. I wound up picking Ludus based pretty much solely on that since Yuzuki's green (???) flower event didn't do a whole lot for me. It wasn't bad but Ludus's was just more romantic. I do plan on hopefully going back one day and marrying Yuzuki, but I do agree it was hard just to narrow it down to those two because everyone is so great. Like pretty much everyone else has said, see as many flower events and read as much dialogue between the ones you're most interested in to help you decide!

Sir Stardust
Post Posted: May 17, 2018 12:54 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

I went with Inari. I have a soft-spot for magical candidates. :heart:

IheartGil>.<
Post Posted: May 17, 2018 1:07 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I was going to go for Ludus, but was waiting to be able to do one of his heart events (either I had to wait until a certain season or had to befriend someone I hadn't started to talk to yet...I don't remember which lol) and was like 'well, i'll befriend Hinata in the mean time' but fell in love with him lol. I waited until I saw the Ludus event I was waiting for before I officially decided, but eventually married Hinata. He was just so fun and energetic. i feel kinda guilty about abandoning ludus like that...one day i'll go back to him.

But tbh this is probably one of like...3 harvest moon games where I genuinely like every bachelor and bachelorette. I want to just marry everybody at once :/

Atsu
Post Posted: May 19, 2018 1:07 pm 
Anonymous Fish

I think what is also not helping is that I wish the UK had the DLC for this game, I've never been able to marry a Magical Deity (I came close to marrying Leia in HM:DS but then my game was stolen!) and I would love to see what a child of Inari would look like! :D
As an Update: I am still torn xD I do like Ludus' events so far and Yuzuki is very endearing <3 Yet to see any of Hinata's heart events and I keep triggering others!

Kikki
Post Posted: May 19, 2018 1:20 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

We can show you what Inari's child looks like if you want to see them :) Though that does nothing to assuage the disappointment of not having access to the DLC, of course. But if you just want to see, then there are pictures on Cherubae's guide of what all the children look like, both boy version and girl version, for each candidate, at the 'Your Child Page', if you want to see them. A few images are missing, but Inari's daughter and son versions are both there.

If you don't want to see them or any information on the child character, don't click that link, lol. The images are at the bottom of that page.

Atsu
Post Posted: May 19, 2018 2:13 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Thank you Kikki!
They look so cute! Damn I wish the DLC was out. I think I saw you posted in another thread that its down to an external company to decide if they release the DLC? So Europe may never get it, so I think maybe I'll see Inari's heart events anyway, but I don't think I'll marry him D:

Kikki
Post Posted: May 19, 2018 2:27 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The North American publisher, Xseed, has no say in whether Europe/AUS gets the DLC, that's true...the publishing rights over there belong to Nintendo of Europe. It's still possible that they could release the DLC and we've got our fingers crossed for you, but as far as I know, there has been no word. :(

I can't marry special candidates who don't live with you or let you have a child, either...it makes me feel like I'm missing too big a chunk of the game and I just can't settle for it. But there's a decent share of folks here who did go for Inari and were quite happy with their decision even before the DLC since the DLC took 8 or 9 months to come out, so it just depends on what you need. But I am sorry about the DLC situation. :(

Atsu
Post Posted: May 19, 2018 2:44 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Oh no! You don't have to be sorry Kikki!

I know what you mean though, part of the joy of being married in these games is to see the after marriage dialogue and to eat meals with the partner! :)