Can't activate Wayne's Orange flower event

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I've started a new game after not playing for months. I'm in year 1, winter 26. I've spoken to all the villagers and deities. I've seen all events up to this point. Wayne is at red flower and done the pendant.

I'm stumped! Any help with be most appreciated.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

One thing (well, two things) we always suggest, especially if a person is sure they have all the trigger conditions correct, are these:

1) Try to trigger the event prior to the event you are aiming for. (If you're aiming for orange, then try to trigger the yellow event instead.)

2) Try to trigger the even AFTER the event you're aiming for. (In this case, that'd be the pink event.)

The first is more common, I think, especially on a second playthrough, where some have been certain they saw the previous event, but either were remembering a previous playthrough, or really had seen it, but something interfered and the event wasn't saved as having been seen.

So if you're sure you've got the trigger conditions met (walk into the Garden Grill in Westown between 15:00 and 18:00 on a sunny weekday, with an orange flower or better, while dating Wayne) and it's still not working, try those :)
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I'm an idiot, Kikki: it's the PINK event I'm trying to trigger. PTSD makes it so I don't remember most of previous playthroughs. It's like a new game every time. Last time I married Ford.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There have been a fair number of people who wracked their brains over an event not triggering, and it was either because they needed to trigger the event before or after the one they thought they were on. No big deal :) Hope the pink one triggers without any concerns.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Without doing anything differently, the planets aligned and the event finally triggered. Even got the reverse proposal! :heart:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It really is nice how easy Trio made it to get reverse confessions and proposals. Congratulations :)