In which year (in-game) are you right now ?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Hamtaro
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Hi !

I'm curious, lots of you seems to play this game from a long time.
Right now, I'm in year 2 (I just start the game a few weeks ago ; playing first time).
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

File 1: I’m in summer year 3. I married Wayne and have a boy named Austin.

File 2: I’m playing as a boy and going after Lisette. Spring year 1. I been gathering things from my main file before continuing this one.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I just finished my game (all towns to S rank, married and have a fully grown kid) last weekend at Fall of Year 3. I played since release day buuut I got distracted by a lot of things hahaha
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

year one. i've been playing the game since it was released, but a bad habit of starting over for arbitrary reasons and tendency towards distraction make a bad combination lol. the farthest i've gotten is year 3 or 4 though
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

For me it'd depend on which file you mean. In one I'm at the end of Year 3...my best file, with Yuzuki. In another I'm at the end of Year 2...that was my first file, with Ludus. In all the other 4 plays, I've only gotten to the end of Year 1.
Acorn
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Fall of Year 3. Currently working on collecting the Farm Circles, doing Part Time Jobs, and breeding animals. Also bought ANB recently and play that sometimes.
Hamtaro
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I won't lie to you...you all disappoint me ! Ha ha ha !

Yes, right ! I'm only at year 2...

To be honest I thought I will get answer like "I'm in year 15", "I'm in year 20" and so on...somehow I guess some of you has reach over 10 year if we add all the year of all your save file.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The game runs out of things to do. Once there's nothing new to experience...I've seen all the events, finished farming tips, finished all town ranks, gotten married, had the kid...there's just nothing left to do unless you care about achievements, but I find no motivation in owning 10 of every type of animal or catching 3000 fish or...etc.

Almost everything the game has to offer can be completed in 2 game years, in Trio, if you're good at managing your time. My longest file was in ANB and that only took me up to the beginning of Year 5, as I enjoyed the process of collecting blueprints and so on in that game. I'd love if these games had more to offer and made me WANT to continue to play for 10 game years, but there's just nothing to do, for me. I find it a lot more fun to restart and go for a different candidate to experience something new. (Though there are no candidates left that I'm interested in, at this point, so I've kind of played Trio right out.)
Hamtaro
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:The game runs out of things to do. Once there's nothing new to experience...I've seen all the events, finished farming tips, finished all town ranks, gotten married, had the kid...there's just nothing left to do unless you care about achievements, but I find no motivation in owning 10 of every type of animal or catching 3000 fish or...etc.

Almost everything the game has to offer can be completed in 2 game years, in Trio, if you're good at managing your time. My longest file was in ANB and that only took me up to the beginning of Year 5, as I enjoyed the process of collecting blueprints and so on in that game. I'd love if these games had more to offer and made me WANT to continue to play for 10 game years, but there's just nothing to do, for me. I find it a lot more fun to restart and go for a different candidate to experience something new. (Though there are no candidates left that I'm interested in, at this point, so I've kind of played Trio right out.)
I can't argue with that ! It is so true !
I wonder if the same thing happen with the other Harvest Moon game ?
I used to play Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon...and after the ending credit it just become boring (the only thing you can bought with your money, except buying tool, is seed !).

I think the same thing happen with all the survival game (Stranded Deep, Green Hell), at a moment you just turn around, doing the same thing...
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

My first file is in Year 4. it’s been awhile since I played that one. My second one is in Year 2. It seems like most people play until around Year 3 in most games, so I feel like my file is ancient when I go over that.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki have you tried playing as a boy?

Anyway I’m just playing this main file until I unlock a certain outfit.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:Kikki have you tried playing as a boy?
No; I just can't get interested in playing as a boy, it seems. I've no interest in pursuing the female candidates...can't seem to persuade myself to find that worth doing. The only time I sort of wanted to play a boy was for Yuri in ANB, though not enough to actually go through with it. :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:
Shan O 123 wrote:Kikki have you tried playing as a boy?
No; I just can't get interested in playing as a boy, it seems. I've no interest in pursuing the female candidates...can't seem to persuade myself to find that worth doing. The only time I sort of wanted to play a boy was for Yuri in ANB, though not enough to actually go through with it. :)
That’s how I felt about sunshine islands.
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I think year 4 in my first file (married Inari, we have a daughter), and I just started year 2 in my second file (debating between Yuzuki, who I've already married once, and Hinata. So far, 'Nata's winning, which means I might restart my first file again to marry Yuzuki. I need more copies of this game....)

Restarting is rampant. XD Especially once you unlock the Miracle Worker (or whatever it's called) as New Game+
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I played for 3 weeks from release day and got to spring of year 3 with everything finished except for the kid being out of the infant stage. As soon as I pop a kid out in these games, I just can't bring myself to keep playing until it grows up lol.