"You're giving this to me? Thanks." (Stephanie)

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Bella_*
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Is this the only line they gave her regardless of the gift? She reacts the same way to receiving "Cheese Fondue" as any random item you give her, it seems. Do her supposed favorite and loved gifts actually increase her affection faster? Just like Woofio, she seems to increase in flower levels a lot more slowly than any other character in the game. I've never seen anyone mention this anywhere (and I've searched a lot) so I thought I would mention it. Weird!
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I'm pretty sure she says something different with cheese fondue. I can't remember verbatim but I know she acknowledges that it's cheese fondue, just like how the other characters do when you give them their favorite items.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Yeah, her affection is hard to level up. I wonder if there's a mistake in the coding or something.
Bella_*
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Pachi wrote:I'm pretty sure she says something different with cheese fondue. I can't remember verbatim but I know she acknowledges that it's cheese fondue, just like how the other characters do when you give them their favorite items.
If anyone can confirm this it would be great. So far for me she has the same dialogue no matter what item I give her, including Cheese Fondue.
Acorn
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Yes, she gets excited about Cheese Fondue.

Her dialogue starts out the same way whatever you give her. When it's not something she likes, it ends there. And when it's Cheese Fondue, there's a second text box with her saying, "Thank you so much. This is my favorite kind of cheese dish!"
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I gave her cheese fondue and this is what she says, "Wow... Cheese Fondue!! You're giving this to me? Thank you so much. This is my favorite kind of cheese dish!" (photo proof)

Maybe you're experiencing a bug?
Bella_*
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Thank you all! I was hoping to confirm whether it was something specific to my game or not, and it seems it is!